Mathieu Betts

gridfighter

Liked Posts:
Being from Montreal my self ,I am exited to see one of our kids making it to the NFL . watching the high light shows potential in my own opinion. anyone thinks this kid could make it ?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
UDFAs have a tough road ahead of them. They have to outshine veterans and drafted rookies alike to force management and coaching into making the hard decision of clearing a roster spot for them. Even if they manage to get to that point then they still have to keep on grinding harder than anyone else to get any sort of playing time. Once they finally get some playing time then they have to work even harder so that those reps jump out on film and give them the opportunity to become depth players with a chance at maybe one day being a starter.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
UDFAs have a tough road ahead of them. They have to outshine veterans and drafted rookies alike to force management and coaching into making the hard decision of clearing a roster spot for them. Even if they manage to get to that point then they still have to keep on grinding harder than anyone else to get any sort of playing time. Once they finally get some playing time then they have to work even harder so that those reps jump out on film and give them the opportunity to become depth players with a chance at maybe one day being a starter.
see Phillip Lindsey

servi53

Liked Posts:
waterboy clone with the same number, sign him up

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
It's hard to say. He was the one of (if not the) best players in all of Canada, so he does have a really intriguing skillset. But you can also see that the level of football is a lot lower. Some of his highlight clips look like that of a 5 star high school recruit with the level of competition he sees. But he has a really good motor and has a phenomenal work ethic. He's a bit on the small side though, so how all of that translates to the NFL is hard to predict. I think he has a shot as a ST to begin with and potential develop into a rotational pass rush, but I think it'll be an uphill battle for him.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
waterboy clone with the same number, sign him up

I was expecting him to hand the ball off to an opponent at the 3:20 mark and drop kick them

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Plays like Ryan Kerrigan. I hope he beats out stiff Fitts preseason.

HoosierDaddy

Liked Posts:
Kid appears to have good athleticism and motor. His technique needs a lot of work. When watching his bull rush he exhibits little to no lean or bend. An NFL caliber o-lineman will devour that straight up and down rush style. Combine that with his being undersized and he will have an uphill battle to claim a spot on the practice squad.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Being from Montreal my self ,I am exited to see one of our kids making it to the NFL . watching the high light shows potential in my own opinion. anyone thinks this kid could make it ?

Welcome! Always gr8 to have new Quebecois here at ccs!!!

@Grimson ^^^

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Kylie Fitts didn't show an awful lot last year....betting on Betts?!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That clip really shows how bad the CFL is. Guy has moves but this is the NFL. Will be fun to see how he does.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Betts chance is to make the PS and he will face a tough competition for him at that.

I'd like to see him make it, Irving spent some time there too.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I always want to see everyone we bring in make it because it means the team is improving and replacing something less good.