Matt Eberflus - "For The Record" Registry

Rise

Liked Posts:
Poles will be good and Eberflus will under perform with the talent given him, wasting Fields rookie deal. Will be fired with one year remaining on his contract.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is the worst hire in the history of the NFL.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This is the best hire in the history of the NFL.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
Bears needed an offensive visionary and they get a fine defensive coach. Kinda stupid given our QB can't read a defense and has a average ceiling. Any terrific OC we bring in will be picked as a HC by another team.

Welcome to .500 for the next 5 years

Impossible. We play 17 games now!

More like, welcome to 8-9 for the next five years.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My knee jerk reaction is that I'm not thrilled with this. The league continues to evolve every year to be more offense friendly. The priority should be to build this team around Fields. At least our GM played on the o line. And maybe we find an OC who can develop him before getting scooped up. Lots of maybes, and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for a few years. But on paper, kinda meh at this point. Who knows though.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
My knee jerk reaction is that I'm not thrilled with this. The league continues to evolve every year to be more offense friendly. The priority should be to build this team around Fields. At least our GM played on the o line. And maybe we find an OC who can develop him before getting scooped up. Lots of maybes, and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for a few years. But on paper, kinda meh at this point. Who knows though.
And if we hire a good OC, some team will make him the hC the year after. Duh

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Matt Eberflus’ success as a head coach will rely almost entirely on who he picks to groom Justin Fields. Nobody in Chicago should be cool with yet another bout of great defense/bad offense. I do not think this will work out.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
This is the worst hire in the history of the NFL.
This is a technical foul along with the post below, you know you can't have it both ways or at least I don't think you can.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When Nagy & Pace got fired not a single poster was talking about Eberflus & Poles.

These guys are yes-men that are thankful for their jobs and will not cross George & Teddy.

Perfect from brass perspective.

both had multiple interviews from different teams

talking out of your ass when you dont know, again

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd prefer an offensive HC for continuity reasons, but now that we don't have one, I'm not expecting an OC to step in and blow the league away. It'll be a retread or a new guy who will get a few years to earn his chops before being poached (best case scenario - he's that good to risk being hired away for HC).

With Fields' potential and new skill players yet to be drafted & brought in + better OL (likely, given Poles' background & focus), the O should be plenty capable of actually winning games & not a liability for once. Probably not "explosive", but adequate and light years better than the "offensive" dogshit clown show Nagy spewed. Better by comparison, but also likely to be good enough to compete & into playoffs, esp. if D is top 10 & gets turnovers again (a focus of Eber)

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Anyone else interested in, oh I don't know, giving the guy a season before we start trashing him? Or is that just me?

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I like the idea of s defensive-minded head coach. Eberflus can work on the defense, maybe get it back up to par - and I think he won't interfere with an OC and QB coach the way an offensive-minded HC would.

It really depends on who the OC and QB coach picks are.

Pretty much this - and I think (hope, from what I have read) that Poles will draft quite well

Really interested now to see who comes in to the key coaching roles