Matt Eberflus hired as Bears head coach

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, on a game that the Colts needed to win, he needed his defense not to allow the Jags to score more points than they had all season

What point are you trying to make. The Colts D shit the bed that day. It means jack shit in the grand scheme of things. Every HC in existence has lost games they should have won.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Don’t know why people are assuming we’ll be instantly converting to a 4-3 Tampa 2 defense now. Flus is the new HC…not the DC…

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I like this at least. Poles told the old fart to go back to the home, and I will make my own choice, thank you very much.
Yeah I am not buying that. I think he had to basically select from a list, but of that list I think he went with the best hire. At least we won't have an idiot at HC.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Don’t know why people are assuming we’ll be instantly converting to a 4-3 Tampa 2 defense now. Flus is the new HC…not the DC…
I think the most encouraging thing we could possibly hear from him is something to effect of"I'm not married to a system or a style. I'm going to hire the best DC and OC I can find and let them do their jobs."

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not a good look for me...Poles interviewed 3 candidates and picked his head coach within 48 hours of being named GM.

This is a relationship you hopefully will have for a long time. Why rush into selecting a coach when you haven't interviewed all the candidates yourself?

Especially when you have a young QB and the #1 goal should be surrounding him with as much as possible to succeed.

You mean we hired a GM who is supposed to have a great plan to convince our owners to hire him and he goes immediately to defense.....why not help our young QB by maybe interviewing an offense coach...
you are assuming all of the work was done after he was hired. Is it possible Poles knew he was going to get a gig and did some work ahead of time, got to know people, did research.

Its not like he picked up a resume for the first time and asked people "why should I hire you" or "where do you see yourself in 3 years" or "tell me about a time you didn't give 100%"

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Because that scheme is the one he has been successful at. Why change what you know? Just bring in a DC who knows that system.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Here's where a bunch of fans knee jerk react and pretend they have the slightest clue whether this will be a good or bad hire. I'll wait for the product in the field.
They always hire the wrong guy, and the Bears always suck. So, we have a higher chance of being right. It’s ok to be negative And over react.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Because that scheme is the one he has been successful at. Why change what you know? Just bring in a DC who knows that system.
Again, he’s now a HC, not a DC. He’s not going to be overseeing the defense. He is over the whole team.

We don’t want him to be over the defense…

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
the football fringe media in chicago is Special person

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
4-3 Base D

RDE - Quin