Matt Eberflus hired as Bears head coach

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Always read your posts...you aren't lazy and you generate thoughtful conversation, and you touch again on an insightful thought regarding how 'we' learn in our business pursuits and how that applies to coaching.

Now, I know nothing about coaching, but as someone who started at the literal bottom of the 'totem pole' in the mud and snow on a drilling rig, I used every engagement I had as an opportunity to build my own base of knowledge in pursuit of my aspirations of building companies, and while I had some great mentors that I learned from, I also learned a ton from the 'shitbag' bosses I had.

I would hazard a guess that there is some relevancy to this phenomena in coaching as well.
Good point.

Rise

Liked Posts:
you have no idea how eberflus will turn out.

Yes I do I have seen this play out over and over again. He will have one good year. Or best case by some miracle Fields will break out and then this idiot will make poor decisions that hold him back.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The vaunted Eberflus defense ranked 29th in points allowed in the 4th quarter. Never ranked above 18th in 3rd down conversion. What a hire.
I also read somewhere his defense ranked 27th in passing yards in stadiums facing east/west, when tempertures were below 50 degrees, when the opposing team had any shade of red in their uniform, in the month of October.

Total loser.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I also read somewhere his defense ranked 27th in passing yards in stadiums facing east/west, when tempertures were below 50 degrees, when the opposing team had any shade of red in their uniform, in the month of October.

Total loser.
So he sucks in bear weather?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes I do I have seen this play out over and over again. He will have one good year. Or best case by some miracle Fields will break out and then this idiot will make poor decisions that hold him back.
You are betting on the trend and not on the person.

Your statement has nothing to do with a new head coach and everything to do with your Bears pathos

Rise

Liked Posts:
Eberflus interviewed on the 17th
Invited back on the 19th for a second interview.

Bears first interview with Poles is on the 21st.

I am supposed to believe Poles made this hire? It’s total bullshit. What a convenient coincidence!

Rise

Liked Posts:

Total loser.

I posted relative stats, I’m sorry if that hurt your feelings.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eberflus interviewed on the 17th
Invited back on the 19th for a second interview.

Bears first interview with Poles is on the 21st.

I am supposed to believe Poles made this hire? It’s total bullshit. What a convenient coincidence!
maybe other conversations take place that you may not be aware of...

Rise

Liked Posts:
maybe other conversations take place that you may not be aware of...

Lol you have any proof of this other than your biased hope that the Bears are a functional franchise? What I posted is again fact. Prove yours.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Reactions: 1ke

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol you have any proof of this other than your biased hope that the Bears are a functional franchise? What I posted is again fact. Prove yours.
you're an idiot....

you don't think that maybe people pick up the phone and talk to each other before deals get done and don't report it to the public...

please tell me you aren't this stupid

Rise

Liked Posts:
you're an idiot....

you don't think that maybe people pick up the phone and talk to each other before deals get done and don't report it to the public...

please tell me you aren't this stupid

Had to work in the shadows to land the ice cold Eberflus. Give me a break.

George made these hires, he literally told you he was going to do it in his press conference word for word. But I’m the idiot because I don’t live in hypotheticals. Okay.