Matt Eberflus hired as Bears head coach

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Had to work in the shadows to land the ice cold Eberflus. Give me a break.

George made these hires, he literally told you he was going to do it in his press conference word for word. But I’m the idiot because I don’t live in hypotheticals. Okay.

Do you think the Bears may have picked up the phone and spoke with Poles before the official interview process?

If you answered yes to this, its entirely possible Poles had an idea of who he'd like to bring in as HC and the Bears started that process knowing full well that they wanted Poles....

In fact, the Bears have been doing research all year long on who they wanted as their new GM.

I will also guarantee that Poles had some ideas of who he'd like as realistic HC candidates because he knew he was getting interest.

All of this stuff happens year in and year out. Just because you don't see it on Twitter doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

All these people have agents that do a lot of work ahead of time. They all know who is going to be interested in whom well before the initial interview process.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am willing to give it time….like I gave the last 4-5 hires. I’ll await disappointment with the usual helping of patience and a dose of reality. This will give way to the usual failure and despair followed by the hope that the new hire will get things right. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
The vaunted Eberflus defense ranked 29th in points allowed in the 4th quarter. Never ranked above 18th in 3rd down conversion. What a hire.
You're an absolute idiot. With Fields, we won't need a "4th quarter defense" The kids going to score touchdowns EVERY TIME he touches the ball in the forth quarter. Why the FUCK would we need a defense?

Also, I think Vildor takes a big step next year

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I do not, but I also have zero idea what their plans are. Neither do you, and that is the god damn point you fucking idiot.
I didnt ask you what their plans are, nor did I say what their plans are.. Maybe you can work on your reading comprehension? That way in the future when you call someone a "fucking idiot" you dont look like a complete fool..

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Why would the ownership and Polian go through the process of picking their own finalists if theyre letting the GM pick his own finalist as well and letting him make the final decision? They know Poles or any GM they hire is going to pick who they want if the Bears ownership tells him it’s their decison. so why waste their time interviewing guys and picking their own finalists? It’s nonsensical. They clearly made the decision or at best gave Poles a choice between the finalists they picked.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Toledo, Missouri, Browns, Cowboys, Colts.

Jason Garrett, Eric Mangini, Frank Reich.

This is his employment history.

Does this excite anyone? Does this give anyone confidence?

He was defensive coordinator for eight years at Missouri under college football Hall of Fame head coach Gary Pinkel who was conveniently left off this list.

Suddenly Frank Reich is a negative? He was a plus when people discussed how Chris Ballard was succeeding.

The Jason Garrett reference is intended to make things look bad, but he actually coached under Rod Marinelli.

And it was 100 years ago and I believe only one season but he played for a guy named Nick Saban.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Why would the ownership and Polian go through the process of picking their own finalists if theyre letting the GM pick his own finalist as well and letting him make the final decision? They know Poles or any GM they hire is going to pick who they want if the Bears ownership tells him it’s their decison. so why waste their time interviewing guys and picking their own finalists? It’s nonsensical. They clearly made the decision or at best gave Poles a choice between the finalists they picked.
Literally every writer has pointed out that as GM candidates are interviewed they are asked who is on their list as head coach candidates and those are the names being brought in.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Do you think the Bears may have picked up the phone and spoke with Poles before the official interview process?

If you answered yes to this, its entirely possible Poles had an idea of who he'd like to bring in as HC and the Bears started that process knowing full well that they wanted Poles....

In fact, the Bears have been doing research all year long on who they wanted as their new GM.

I will also guarantee that Poles had some ideas of who he'd like as realistic HC candidates because he knew he was getting interest.

All of this stuff happens year in and year out. Just because you don't see it on Twitter doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

All these people have agents that do a lot of work ahead of time. They all know who is going to be interested in whom well before the initial interview process.
There are a couple people on this forum who literally believe that GM candidates give no thought whatsoever to head coach candidates until they get a job.

Similar to people who think that when a team fires a general manager or a head coach they only start thinking about replacements after they do the firing.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I didnt ask you what their plans are, nor did I say what their plans are.. Maybe you can work on your reading comprehension? That way in the future when you call someone a "fucking idiot" you dont look like a complete fool..
I'm not the one cunting about a coach who has only had a job for 10 hours. So, no, I'm probably not the one that looks like a complete fool.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He was defensive coordinator for eight years at Missouri under college football Hall of Fame head coach Gary Pinkel who was conveniently left off this list.

Suddenly Frank Reich is a negative? He was a plus when people discussed how Chris Ballard was succeeding.

The Jason Garrett reference is intended to make things look bad, but he actually coached under Rod Marinelli.

And it was 100 years ago and I believe only one season but he played for a guy named Nick Saban.
So you’re excited?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’m going to go out on a limb and predict two of the coaches win this weekend not one.

Yes but only one team wins the SB which was the poster's point.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
We’re two major hires into the offseason, and we still haven’t seen what will be the most important hire to the Bears’ future.

Rise

Liked Posts:

Funny he never told the Vikings to interview this guy.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Let's be honest, the loudest people today are the ones that didn't get "their guy."

And I say that as a 1A. Daboll 1B Leftwich guy

Maybe we should all just admit that nobody is a sure thing.
I love you.

Just wanted you to know that.