Matt Eberflus hired as Bears head coach

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I'm not the one cunting about a coach who has only had a job for 10 hours. So, no, I'm probably not the one that looks like a complete fool.
Me saying that its not idea when your OC gets plucked for a HC job when your developing a young QB is a legitimate concern. The fact that you are confused by that just shows how dumb you really are..

Now are you going to go into full cunting mode and make another Special person list that you think is cool and put me on?

Last time I made fun of how stupid your "fecal five" list was you went full cunt mode and spent hours disliking me so are you going to dive into another several hour dislike campaign again? lol Are you a child Gus or just on the spectrum?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Me saying that its not idea when your OC gets plucked for a HC job when your developing a young QB is a legitimate concern. The fact that you are confused by that just shows how dumb you really are..
I'm not confused by your concern. I think your concern is unfounded on the day the guy is announced as the HC.

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
It really all comes down to this: believing that Poles understands and can evaluate the skillset of a potential coach to know they will be successful. The hope is that he identified traits that Andy Reid showed that made him successful, and saw those same traits in Eberflus.

The part that is probably the most anxiety-enducing is that our previous GM just attempted to do the same thing, and took a coach that worked under that same successful coach (Reid).. but badly swung and missed on evaluating the skillet of the potential new coach (Nagy).

Nobody can predict if Eberflus will work out, so we just have to hope that Poles is a better evaluator of coaching talent/traits than Pace was.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I'm not confused by your concern. I think your concern is unfounded on the day the guy is announced as the HC.
Its the fact that he is a defensive HC not an offensive HC is the reason for the concern on day one, the fact that you missed that was the crux of my concern is really not surprising..

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Its the fact that he is a defensive HC not an offensive HC is the reason for the concern on day one, the fact that you missed that was the crux of my concern is really not surprising..
I haven't missed anything. I'm choosing not to worry about it. I'm also choosing to give both Poles and Eberflus the benefit of the doubt that they have a plan in place for the present and future development of the offense.

Furthermore, I, unlike you, see the poaching of FO and Asst. Coaches as a sign of a successful franchise. So, if some team is digging into their pockets to poach Eberflus' OC, that's a fairly good sign that whomever the OC was put up points and developed Justin Fields. Which I always thought was the goal, but silly me.

Easier to just immediately think the sky is falling.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Literally every writer has pointed out that as GM candidates are interviewed they are asked who is on their list as head coach candidates and those are the names being brought in.

The timeline on this makes no sense.

They already had a list of coaching candidates before they interviewed GM candidates. That list never changed. Eberflus was on that list before they even talked to Poles. This was all happening simultaneously. And who were the other GM candidates coaching choices? Who was added because a GM candidate gave them a new name? What are you talking about? The ownership clearly made this decision. I dont know why you’re arguing as if this isn’t all on a freaking timeline or as if what you’re saying makes any sense based off what we know.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I haven't missed anything. I'm choosing not to worry about it. I'm also choosing to give both Poles and Eberflus the benefit of the doubt that they have a plan in place for the present and future development of the offense.

Furthermore, I, unlike you, see the poaching of FO and Asst. Coaches as a sign of a successful franchise. So, if some team is digging into their pockets to poach Eberflus' OC, that's a fairly good sign that whomever the OC was put up points and developed Justin Fields. Which I always thought was the goal, but silly me.

So this. When he got to Indi, they were #30 in D. The next year they were #10.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
because we know the Vikings wanted to hire Poles. If Poles was this much of an Eberflus fan he would have told them as well in his first interview with them And they would have setup an interview with Eberflus as well.

Nothing common sense says Poles wanted Eberflus this bad. George wanted this guy, and he is the owner so he gets what he wants. He told you in the press conference he was going to do this.
Owners and front office members are going to have their guys before a GM is hired. We don’t what Poles interest level was in Eberflus before the hire.

However what we heard plenty of was Quinn and Caldwell being the front runners. If that was true, than Poles went a different direction than what George might have wanted. But all in all I would say it was what Polian recommended, not what George wanted.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Owners and front office members are going to have their guys before a GM is hired. We don’t what Poles interest level was in Eberflus before the hire.

However what we heard plenty of was Quinn and Caldwell being the front runners. If that was true, than Poles went a different direction than what George might have wanted. But all in all I would say it was what Polian recommended, not what George wanted.

This I can believe. He was given these 3 names to choose. Something happened with Quinn so he went to this guy.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
They had a list of 9 candidates weeks ago. That list never changed when they were interviewing GM candidates. Clearly the GM candidates had no say otherwise they would have been bringing in new guys to interview based on info they were getting from GM candidates. That never happened. There were never new names added. George and crew whittled it down to 3 guys before they even hired Poles. And based on all that it’s not unrealistic at all to think George and crew made the final decision. They clearly made all the decisions up to that point. So I have a hard time believing they whittled it down to 3 and created their own list of finalists. And then are like “here you go Ryan. Pick your guy off our list of finalists.” They probably let Poles have a voice, but were still heavily involved.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I dont care if your choosing not to worry about it. I brought up a concern about the HC being a defensive guy, and you came back with " I think your concern is unfounded on the day the guy is announced" like if I wait a few days is he magically going to turn into an offensive guy or something? You saying that you havent missed anything when you have missed everything to do with my point is laughable..

Once again you are showing your lack of reading comprehension, when did I say anything about a successful franchise?
I said Fields potentially learning 3 systems in 3 years is not great for his development.

Yes if our OC gets poached then that is a sign that our team was doing something right, but having your OC get poached is not great for our team when he was the reason for the success of the O.

If only there was a way that we could build a team that when you have success on O and your OC gets poached it doesnt have a huge impact on the offense.. hmmmm how could such a team be built? maybe an offensive minded HC that installs his system would solve that potential issue? yep seems logical dont you think?

If the rules of the NFL was more balanced between offense and defense then it really wouldn't matter, but thats not the NFL of today.. today the rules massively favor the O so that should be the focus..

Nope I just was bringing up a legitimate concern, now this concern is based on Fields potentially developing into a good QB, and the struggles that could follow and his development being hurt if this great OC is no longer there, BUT it is entirely possible that Poles looked a Fields and thinks there is no way he will ever develop into anything and his thought process was our only chance at winning is because of the D so he is putting all of his eggs in the D side of things.. I still dont think thats a great strategy because of the lopsided rules but maybe he thinks he can grab a middle of the pac vet or thats all he thinks Fields will develop into and we will have to win with our D like Lovie did...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I dont care if your choosing not to worry about it. I brought up a concern about the HC being a defensive guy, and you came back with " I think your concern is unfounded on the day the guy is announced" like if I wait a few days is he magically going to turn into an offensive guy or something? You saying that you havent missed anything when you have missed everything to do with my point is laughable..

Once again you are showing your lack of reading comprehension, when did I say anything about a successful franchise?
I said Fields potentially learning 3 systems in 3 years is not great for his development.

Yes if our OC gets poached then that is a sign that our team was doing something right, but having your OC get poached is not great for our team when he was the reason for the success of the O.

If only there was a way that we could build a team that when you have success on O and your OC gets poached it doesnt have a huge impact on the offense.. hmmmm how could such a team be built? maybe an offensive minded HC that installs his system would solve that potential issue? yep seems logical dont you think?

If the rules of the NFL was more balanced between offense and defense then it really wouldn't matter, but thats not the NFL of today.. today the rules massively favor the O so that should be the focus..

Nope I just was bringing up a legitimate concern, now this concern is based on Fields potentially developing into a good QB, and the struggles that could follow and his development being hurt if this great OC is no longer there, BUT it is entirely possible that Poles looked a Fields and thinks there is no way he will ever develop into anything and his thought process was our only chance at winning is because of the D so he is putting all of his eggs in the D side of things.. I still dont think thats a great strategy because of the lopsided rules but maybe he thinks he can grab a middle of the pac vet or thats all he thinks Fields will develop into and we will have to win with our D like Lovie did...
You continue to be an idiot.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
You continue to be an idiot.
This

Just a few weeks back he was touting a QB that was associated with a defensive minded HC. He doesn't like the hire apparently

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This

Just a few weeks back he was touting a QB that was associated with a defensive minded HC. He doesn't like the hire apparently
He's also not big on Fields overall. I don't care if you're sold on Eberflus, or Poles, or even Justin Fields. I am not sold on the first two until otherwise shown. @dbldrew is just making up problems at this point.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I guess you got tired of me pointing out how wrong your points are when you actually try debating my point?
It's clear that you already have it in your mind that Ebeflus is going to fail, and that whomever he picks for OC is going to fail. So at this point, your mind is already made up, whereas I'm willing to see how everything plays out.

You're a miserable twat.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The timeline on this makes no sense.

They already had a list of coaching candidates before they interviewed GM candidates. That list never changed. Eberflus was on that list before they even talked to Poles. This was all happening simultaneously. And who were the other GM candidates coaching choices? Who was added because a GM candidate gave them a new name? What are you talking about? The ownership clearly made this decision. I dont know why you’re arguing as if this isn’t all on a freaking timeline or as if what you’re saying makes any sense based off what we know.

They requested 2nd interviews with Quinn and Caldwell the day before they hired Poles. They also moved the Eberflus 2nd interview to the day after Poles took the job

But continue acting like you know