CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
@dbldrew: Hiring Eberflus will lead to Justin Fields learning 3 systems in 3 years

Me: Well he hasn't even learned a second system yet, so let's wait and see

@dbldrew: No, this is going to be a disaster

Me: Well I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt with waiting to see how this all plays out.

@dbldrew: (drools on self, probably)

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
He's also not big on Fields overall. I don't care if you're sold on Eberflus, or Poles, or even Justin Fields. I am not sold on the first two until otherwise shown. @dbldrew is just making up problems at this point.
Yes wasn't big on the guy who lead the league in turnovers.. compared to a rookie QB that had 7 games over a 100 qbr (and 3 in the 90s)..

But you realize my who concern here is in giving Fields the best chance at developing right? well you probably dont..

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm going to reserve judgement on GM/HC until there's something to evaluate them on. What I will say is the largest organizational deficiency for the Bears has been accountability from the field to the front office, and I think we addressed that with the HC hire.

Nagy was an emotional leader who proved too stubborn to adapt his "system" to fit players. He stuck to something that didn't work for 4 years and couldn't let go of playcalling responsibilities. His teams (particularly on offense) consistently underperformed their talent level, and the Bears were constantly searching for an identity.

We brought in Eberflus who has been known for his intelligence, level of detail, and accountability. Eberflus took a defense that ranked lowest in defensive spending and made them a top 10 unit in DVOA. His players consistently outperform expectation.

I get that he's not a splashy pick. I understand there needs to be a bright offensive mind paired with Fields. But hiring Eberflus addresses the largest need for the organization.

No one knows how this is going to work out, but I'm looking forward to hearing his vision for the team.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I guess you got tired of me pointing out how wrong your points are when you actually try debating my point?
What was your point? That you pointed out someone else's point to come to that point?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yes wasn't big on the guy who lead the league in turnovers.. compared to a rookie QB that had 7 games over a 100 qbr (and 3 in the 90s)..

But you realize my who concern here is in giving Fields the best chance at developing right? well you probably dont..
You've already written it off that he's not going to be developing. So who cares?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

This kind of shits on your most recent narrative.

And what kind of question is that? Are you speaking in owl?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
@dbldrew: Hiring Eberflus will lead to Justin Fields learning 3 systems in 3 years

Me: Well he hasn't even learned a second system yet, so let's wait and see

@dbldrew: No, this is going to be a disaster

Me: Well I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt with waiting to see how this all plays out.

@dbldrew: (drools on self, probably)
Should of just stuck to the quick insult and left it at that.. now you have posted a thought that I can again point out how clueless you are again..

I never said that Fields will have to learn a new system in 3 years.. I said there is the POSSIBILITY of that if the OC has massive success.

That POSSIBILTY of learning a new system in 3 years wont be there if the HC is the offensive mind and responsible for the system..

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
You've already written it off that he's not going to be developing. So who cares?
again you look foolish, I never said that. what I want is an offensive minded HC to install a system in place that will stay the same for him to give him the best chance at developing into a great QB..

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
again you look foolish, I never said that. what I want is an offensive minded HC to install a system in place that will stay the same for him to give him the best chance at developing into a great QB..
But you don't know that Eberflus hasn't thought about this. You don't know if Poles hasn't already thought of this.

You do not seem to understand this point.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
This kind of shits on your most recent narrative.

And what kind of question is that? Are you speaking in owl?
How is me wanting an offensive minded HC to help develop fields shit on my most recent Narrative?

and yes I was speaking owl.. the English translation is "my whole concern"

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
But you don't know that Eberflus hasn't thought about this. You don't know if Poles hasn't already thought of this.

You do not seem to understand this point.
so what, there is nothing they could do about it. If you hire a great OC that has Great success then the chance of him getting poached is extremely high.. There is nothing Poles can do to stop that except fire Eberflus and make the OC the head coach. Is that what you think will happen?

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
They requested 2nd interviews with Quinn and Caldwell the day before they hired Poles. They also moved the Eberflus 2nd interview to the day after Poles took the job

But continue acting like you know

so????

all 3 of those guys were on the original list of 9 HC candidates chosen by ownership before they had even started interviewing GM candidates.

I’m not trying to create some sort of anti Eberflus narrative. Out of the final 3 he’s the only one I wouldn’t have been upset with. But that’s just because he’s more of an unknown compared to the other two. I’m willing to take a chance with him. But the ownership picked him. And it’s clear as day.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
so????

all 3 of those guys were on the original list of 9 HC candidates chosen before they had even started interviewing GM candidates.
You mean the original 9 or so that every team with an opening looked at? Shocking.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
How is me wanting an offensive minded HC to help develop fields shit on my most recent Narrative?

and yes I was speaking owl.. the English translation is "my whole concern"
The longest tenured coaches in the league(with the exception of Reid) are defensive minded coaches. Even Carroll had to deal with developing a rookie QB.

A successful OC is not likely to bolt in in his first year if Fields does well. Because, see above. It's a bad business move on their part.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
They requested 2nd interviews with Quinn and Caldwell the day before they hired Poles. They also moved the Eberflus 2nd interview to the day after Poles took the job

But continue acting like you know
Stop poking holes in that shitty narrative. We all know if they hired Daboll, it would be all George because they already interviewed him..LOL!

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I liked you better when you went into hiding when everything i said about Mac Jones was proven true.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
so what, there is nothing they could do about it. If you hire a great OC that has Great success then the chance of him getting poached is extremely high.. There is nothing Poles can do to stop that except fire Eberflus and make the OC the head coach. Is that what you think will happen?
I'm not going in circles with you. I believe:
A. It's silly to worry about the offense when we as fans have zero idea what Poles/Eberflus are looking for.
B. Losing assistant coaches to other teams is a sign of success.
C. You and I have zero clue about the plans Poles/Eberflus have for continuity on offense if an OC or other assistant gets poached.

Any speculation is needless worrying that amounts to nothing more than pants pissing.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I'm going to reserve judgement on GM/HC until there's something to evaluate them on. What I will say is the largest organizational deficiency for the Bears has been accountability from the field to the front office, and I think we addressed that with the HC hire.

Nagy was an emotional leader who proved too stubborn to adapt his "system" to fit players. He stuck to something that didn't work for 4 years and couldn't let go of playcalling responsibilities. His teams (particularly on offense) consistently underperformed their talent level, and the Bears were constantly searching for an identity.

We brought in Eberflus who has been known for his intelligence, level of detail, and accountability. Eberflus took a defense that ranked lowest in defensive spending and made them a top 10 unit in DVOA. His players consistently outperform expectation.

I get that he's not a splashy pick. I understand there needs to be a bright offensive mind paired with Fields. But hiring Eberflus addresses the largest need for the organization.

No one knows how this is going to work out, but I'm looking forward to hearing his vision for the team.

the best thing i've read about eberflus is he didn't have a lot of stars on D and it still works, so he never had the pass rushers in Indy that he'll have here. Very curious to see what they do w/ Ejax for this year. I've been reading that Goldman and Danny T likely gone.

I do find it odd that they are interviewing OC's and don't seem to have a hierarchy already in place....that indicates to me that Poles may have some say in the direction of the offense possibly.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should of just stuck to the quick insult and left it at that.. now you have posted a thought that I can again point out how clueless you are again..

I never said that Fields will have to learn a new system in 3 years.. I said there is the POSSIBILITY of that if the OC has massive success.

That POSSIBILTY of learning a new system in 3 years wont be there if the HC is the offensive mind and responsible for the system..
And if the OC turned into HC is a minority, that equates into ore draft capital for the Bears......

The would receive 2 3rd round picks.

One would assume that with such massive success, there would be an assistant ready to step up.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
It's clear that you already have it in your mind that Ebeflus is going to fail, and that whomever he picks for OC is going to fail. So at this point, your mind is already made up, whereas I'm willing to see how everything plays out.

You're a miserable twat.
My god you are clueless, My worry is not that its going to fail my worry is that what happens if its a success? How the hell can you not understand that? If it works.. we dont get to keep it.. its not complicated..

Look we poached the Chiefs OC and how much did that set them back? not a fucking bit because Andy Reid is the real brains behind the offense, so no matter how many OC get poached.. it doesnt mean a fucking thing for them