Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
@Toast88

I could see why people look at it that way, it was hard for me to not be a pessimist about the whole process after George botching the press conference(maybe he should do more mock pressers). I'm just pointing out that they requested an interview with RP in advance of Eberflus's interview. We'll see if they put a winning combo on the field. If he can make the most of lack of talent that will be key in turning over that the last regime left us fans with.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
not lost Remy ..

I said this..

and you quoted that post and said this..

in my above post I said no such thing that I just admitted to anything was better like you just claimed when you quoted my post..

Now your going back to other posts where I said locking up a great offensive mind for 10+ years..

If you want to talk about my reasoning for wanting to lock up a couch for 10+ years then go ahead and quote that, but you quoting this...

"I'm not confusing things.. I stated I wanted an offensive HC.. then I stated the reasons why I felt that way.

I also have stated multiple times I'm not making any predictions.. I just stated what I wanted and why I wanted it. Simple as that.

Well I guess thats not completely true.. I did make the prediction that if we get this great offensive minded OC that it will be short lived because he will get plucked for a HC job.."

And then clamed I said something in the above post that I didnt..
Again Remy you are vortexing yourself into confusion..

Is getting an coach for 10+ years vs someone you think will be short lived better or worse? Please answer the question.

The comment about Reid was wrong and used BB as a counter point.. and pointing out BB record without Brady is not dumb its just a factual truth..

It is just as factual that Reid has never won a SB without Mahomes. Your point about Bellichek is dumb. There have been only 3 full seasons that BB has not had Brady for the bulk of that season and he has had a winning record 2 of those seasons. He won 10 games with Cassell and a rookie QB in Jones.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Is getting an coach for 10+ years vs someone you think will be short lived better or worse? Please answer the question.

It is just as factual that Reid has never won a SB without Mahomes. Your point about Bellichek is dumb. There have been only 3 full seasons that BB has not had Brady for the bulk of that season and he has had a winning record 2 of those seasons. He won 10 games with Cassell and a rookie QB in Jones.
Lossing a great OC is not ideal.. BUT it's possible that the next guy up is even better.. but you also have to accept the possibility that the next OC could be much worse.

Now if hypothetically that great OC is actually your HC.. you're never in the position to possibly be going backwards if your OC is terrible. I like this situation.. I have explained this about 37 times in this thread, not sure why your having some much trouble with this.. it's really not complicated

True Reid never won the Superbowl as a HC without Mahomes.. but neither did BB without Brady.. and BB had more then 3 seasons without Brady.. you forgetting about the 5 years with the browns?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
ows_149644575245277.jpg

This is either Flus's brother or son

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
The FLUS is LOOSE

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
It is apparently complicated for you. I understand your premise. The problem is your premise is wrong. Bellichek's success was not short lived. He and Charlie Weiss developed Tom Brady and then Weiss left for the Chiefs. Bellichek and Brady then went on to win more Super Bowls and there is zero evidence Brady was harmed by Weiss leaving.

So again you have actually not provided a single example of an OC leaving a D/ST minded HC and said HC's success being short lived. Who are you referring to? Please name them. The guys I can think of off the top of my hand still had success long term. Again Bellichek, Tomlin, Carroll, and Harbaugh have had long term success.

Please just give us some examples to prove your premise is not just a hypothetical. You have literally spent like 20 pages arguing and have yet to provide a single example of a the short lived success that results from your premise. Name the HC, OC and QB you are claiming this happened to.

This vortex is over a year old. DblPoo has been getting worked for a year? No wonder he is brane dead!

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When he was hired, I hated it, because I wanted an offensive play called, I warmed up to it because while he was a defensive guy, worked as a QB coach too. That was the hope they had it right... while it's not over... it's looking bad.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Another Bear HC fuck up

They have a QB that can't read defenses and a horrible offense and they hire a defensive guy. Welcome to 5 years of .500

If only we got lucky with .500 ball ya dead bastard.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Hated this hire the minute it happened, still hate it. No way Poles wanted this guy I’ll never believe it. He came from Kansas City of all places, why would he want a cover 2 defense guy as his head coach?

My first post was his mentors is 0-16 Rod and called the hire a joke. Looks like he might one up him with an 0-17.

This was George’s hire because he liked the team under Lovie Smith, yes he is that incompetent.

Bust

Liked Posts:
so he's the new whipping boy next to Matt Nagy or John Fox?