Matt Eberflus hired as Bears head coach

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:

Players laud Eberflus for his communication skills and leadership style. He is known as a detail-oriented coach with a knack for connecting with players and fellow coaches. Eberflus has earned a reputation for being able to blend his strategic insight with the personnel he has to work with, loading his defense with only as much as players can handle.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would love to know how to pronounce the guys name

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Sometimes that happens. Sometimes it doesn't as is the case with Greg Roman or Pep Hamilton.
so when developing the most important position we have to hope our OC isnt good enough to get a HC job? great..

Having a great offensive minded HC does 2 things.. if your O is working great there is always the thought that is it because of the HC and less to do with the OC. When the HC is a defensive guy, 100% of the success on the O is being attributed to the OC so much higher chance of getting plucked for a HC job.

And in the case that your OC gets plucked.. if your HC is an offensive guy and created the system.. then almost nothing changes for your young developing QB, the same can not be said when your HC is a defensive guy..

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Hope it's a good hire, willing to give him a fair shot. I'd be lying if I said I was excited though.

I really thought Daboll + Fields was as good of a match as any in this coaching cycle so disappointed that we'll be going defensive head coach when literally every team in the conference title games are offensive head coaches and every rule change favors the offense.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Best part is that its easier to fire OC then HC.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was starting to warm to the idea of Caldwell. Oh well.

On the surface it looks like they are playing it safe but who knows, maybe he has a stud OC in his back pocket? Time will tell and I'll be happy with any notable improvement next year as long as Fields takes the next step.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Seems like Daboll wants to reunite with Tua in Miami.

Zenjohn

Liked Posts:

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
I was starting to warm to the idea of Caldwell. Oh well.

On the surface it looks like they are playing it safe but who knows, maybe he has a stud OC in his back pocket? Time will tell and I'll be happy with any notable improvement next year as long as Fields takes the next step.
You never know - maybe the OC will be Caldwell!