Matt Eberflus hired as Bears head coach

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:

That’s good. None of that says he’ll be special though. I feel like he’s going to be the next Lovie. I know many would like that… that’s not good enough for me.
It's good enough for Georgie and Sweaty and that's all that matters.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
honestly the colts defense has a bunch of shit players... leonard and deforest buckner are the only good players on that defense yet he was able to get them top 10 in two important defensive categories...

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The thing I like about Eberflus is that he's proven to be adaptable as a coach.

He was the only coach hired by Josh McDaniels who stuck all 4 years with Frank Reich. His defenses were decent every year. As someone said earlier, there's a lot of comps to Lovie Smith, but I wouldn't assume we're going back to the Tampa 2.

Mike Kafka is out of contract with the Chiefs and there's a lot of speculation that he'll come over in some capacity. He was the QB coach and passing game coordinator there, and there's an obvious connection with Poles. Kafka was a QB for Northwestern and a grad assistant before being hired by KC so he has ties to the area.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
You get a guy that will (finally) be a CEO HC, he hires the right staff to run their respective sides of the ball and develop talent. What is the issue here?
I literally just told you what the issue was.. you quoted it

Get the CEO HC that ALSO is an offensive guy means that Fields can stick with his system for the next 10+ years.. VS ANY success we have on O will be contributed 100% to our OC and the chance of Fields learning his 3rd system in 3 years goes up a lot..

This is an offensive league guys, that is driven by the QB that should of been the priority..

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
well when it comes to making an offensive game plan having an Offensive minded HC seems like the smarter move.

The rules of todays NFL favor the offense, so putting your emphasis into the offense should be the priority.
Are you under some impression that Matt Eberflus has zero idea of what he wants to see on offense? Do you think that he, as HC of the team, will just ignore one side of the ball?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
and year 3 he is learning a new system.. so 3 systems in 3 years seems like a foolish idea dont you think?

You have no fucking clue when the new OC gets a HC job. If it is their first year calling plays then probably will not leave after one year. How long has Daboll or Leftwich called plays?

These two guys have been mentioned. None of them have play calling or OC experience so no I dont think either leaves after one year.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So Bernstein on 670 said he's been talking to people close to the situation and they feel that the current team can be molded to a 4-3 pretty easily.

Mack and Quinn would be your ends. Goldman your nose tackle and Nichols next to him.

Smith would end up the will linebacker. So the important thing would be finding your mike.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I literally just told you what the issue was.. you quoted it

Get the CEO HC that ALSO is an offensive guy means that Fields can stick with his system for the next 10+ years.. VS ANY success we have on O will be contributed 100% to our OC and the chance of Fields learning his 3rd system in 3 years goes up a lot..

This is an offensive league guys, that is driven by the QB that should of been the priority..
Has the league being offensive driven start last year? Again, do you think that Ryan Poles or Matt Eberflus have put zero thought into what you're worried about?

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eberflus took over Pagano's 3-4 unit in Indy which was a bottom 5 unit the season before. With virtually the same players as his predecessor Eberflus got a top 10 performance from a bunch of guys that didnt fit his 4-3 scheme in his first season as DC.

The guy can coach. Who he hires to run the offense is more important than him being a 4-3 guy.
Of course his OC choice is critical but if he tries to put a square peg in round hole by bringing in his buddy Rod Marinara to run the storied Tampa 2 defense then I question his judgment. Going to wait and see.