Matt Eberflus hired as Bears head coach

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the fact that he was a defensive coordinator and will most likely be hands off with the offense. I highly doubt he tries to convert this over to a 4-3 base defense, the Bears do not have the personnel and limited draft cap this year.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Are you under some impression that Matt Eberflus has zero idea of what he wants to see on offense? Do you think that he, as HC of the team, will just ignore one side of the ball?
Never said that.

Are you under the impression that Fields potentially learning 3 systems in 3 years is somehow a good thing?

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
So Bernstein on 670 said he's been talking to people close to the situation and they feel that the current team can be molded to a 4-3 pretty easily.

Mack and Quinn would be your ends. Goldman your nose tackle and Nichols next to him.

Smith would end up the will linebacker. So the important thing would be finding your mike.
Danny Trevathan lol

Why not Smith at MLB?

Was thinking this is a position of need now as well as secondary for Defense.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I like the fact that he was a defensive coordinator and will most likely be hands off with the offense. I highly doubt he tries to convert this over to a 4-3 base defense, the Bears do not have the personnel and limited draft cap this year.
I promise you they’re going to switch.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I'll have to say that I definitely did not see that one coming, but I trust Poles. He must have a good plan for OC and Fields. Maybe we just had the wrong Ryan and Matt the first time.
Fuck the "I trust _______ (GM's name here)" talk.

How much do you trust Emery or Pace? Both had that "I trust" talk before".

Time for the "fucking show me _____________ (GM's name here)" talk.

Same talk goes for HCs.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Jesus Christ people.....
The dude hasnt been the HC for 30 minutes and fans are already marching out ready to burn their Bears jerseys lol.

Eberflus wasn't even my 3rd favorite for the job, but he's been a solid coach in the league for years and in a pretty weak candidate group he's probably one of better overall candidates.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never said that.

Are you under the impression that Fields potentially learning 3 systems in 3 years is somehow a good thing?
Agree and get what you're saying but let's not kid ouselves, Matt Nagy had no 'system'. His offense sucked. The reasons Dalton and Foles had 'success' running it, is because of their experience and they could check out of the bullshit.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The dude hasnt been the HC for 30 minutes and fans are already marching out ready to burn their Bears jerseys lol.

Eberflus wasn't even my 3rd favorite for the job, but he's been a solid coach in the league for years and in a pretty weak candidate group he's probably one of better overall candidates.
You have solid @Perspective

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Never said that.

Well I'm not predicting that he will be learning 3 systems in 3 years, because I have zero clue if that will be the case. Neither do you, and that's the point. So maybe instead of setting your hair on fire worrying about things that you have no fucking clue about, why not look into things that Eberflus has done?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Eberflus took over Pagano's 3-4 unit in Indy which was a bottom 5 unit the season before. With virtually the same players as his predecessor Eberflus got a top 10 performance from a bunch of guys that didnt fit his 4-3
scheme in his first season as DC.

The guy can coach. Who he hires to run the offense is more important than him being a 4-3 guy.

Bears are in nickel 75% of the time which is basically a 4-3. There personnel is actually better suited for a 4-3. Quan sucks taking on blocks so now he will have an extra DT to keep blocks off of him. He can also be moved to Will if necessary to keep blockers off of him.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
honestly the colts defense has a bunch of shit players... leonard and deforest buckner are the only good players on that defense yet he was able to get them top 10 in two important defensive categories...
Google Kenny Moore.