dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The dude hasnt been the HC for 30 minutes and fans are already marching out ready to burn their Bears jerseys lol.

Eberflus wasn't even my 3rd favorite for the job, but he's been a solid coach in the league for years and in a pretty weak candidate group he's probably one of better overall candidates.
You were expecting a CCS parade?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
There are some important questions is Eberflus Germanic in origin?
If so, does Club Dub, become Eb's Polka Hall?
Does the Egg toss get replaced with Oktoberfest?
Does the turnover bucket morph into the turnover milking pail?

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
You get a guy that will (finally) be a CEO HC, he hires the right staff to run their respective sides of the ball and develop talent. What is the issue here?
How do you know that he has the chops to be able to get "the right staff"?

He may get Marinelli which is fine, but how do you know if he can get the offensive staff right which is the more important staff right now.

I am going to try to be hopeful that he gets a really good OC who just wants to be an OC.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Has the league being offensive driven start last year? Again, do you think that Ryan Poles or Matt Eberflus have put zero thought into what you're worried about?
Kind of a stupid question because Eberflus wants a HC job so its not like he is going to bring up that they should hire a offenses minded HC, even if he knows that the smarter move..

But the real question is do you think that Fields potentially learning his 3rd system in 3 years if we have any success in the O would be good for his development? yes or no

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Probably need a high pick for MLB if they go 4-3.

Who might be available in FA?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Danny Trevathan lol

Why not Smith at MLB?

Was thinking this is a position of need now as well as secondary for Defense.
Bernstein clarified this saying that when we had it last urlacher was a unicorn which is why everything was funneled to him.

He said the better comp for roquan Smith would be to look at the Tony Dungy version of the Tampa two, where everything was funneled to the will, and the comp for Smith would be Derrek Brooks.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Reserving judgement for when we actually see how he runs the team, curious to see who he brings in as OC.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
This team needs an offensive visionary to lead this team and set the tone

That would be following the herd for sure. And what we tried to do last time.

I'm not buying it. You get who you think is the right person.

I have no idea if this is the guy but I know I didn't want Quinn so I'm relieved we didn't go that route.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Honestly, not excited about hiring a defensive guy in an offensive league. What I wanted was consistency for Fields. Not sure Bears get that if the OC is good enough to get poached. We'll see. At least the defense should be good again and the meatballs will be satisfied with BAERZ footbaw

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Kind of a stupid question because Eberflus wants a HC job so its not like he is going to bring up that they should hire a offenses minded HC, even if he knows that the smarter move..

But the real question is do you think that Fields potentially learning his 3rd system in 3 years if we have any success in the O would be good for his development? yes or no
I do not, but I also have zero idea what their plans are. Neither do you, and that is the god damn point you fucking idiot.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I literally just told you what the issue was.. you quoted it

Get the CEO HC that ALSO is an offensive guy means that Fields can stick with his system for the next 10+ years.. VS ANY success we have on O will be contributed 100% to our OC and the chance of Fields learning his 3rd system in 3 years goes up a lot..

This is an offensive league guys, that is driven by the QB that should of been the priority..
There's plenty of examples of QBs developing under non-offensive head coaches.

Lamar Jackson under John Harbaugh.
Ben Roethlisberger under Mike Tomlin.
Josh Allen under Sean McDermott.
Tom Brady under Bill Belichick.
Peyton Manning under Jim Mora.
Matt Stafford under Jim Schwartz.
Matt Ryan under Mike Smith.
Russell Wilson under Pete Carroll.
Ryan Tannehill under Mike Vrabel (kinda)

...and others I'm sure I'm missing. You could also find a lot of examples of QBs failing to become anything underneath an offensive minded head coach: Trubisky (and Fields year 1) as a prime example close to home. Hiring a head coach from a defensive background definitely doesn't preclude you from having a good offense or a team that can develop a QB. Ultimately it'll come down to whether or not we drafted the right guy in Fields.

Last edited: