Matt Eberflus hired as Bears head coach

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Or could we all be wrong?

I can imagine, 7 years from now, Fields, Trubisky and about 70 current or former Bears players get up and say, "Oh, I get it! That Nagy WAS a genius?"
Highly unlikely. Watch guys like J.T. O'Sullivan and other guys who seem to know a thing about offense and they would say that Nagy's concepts were outdated and they couldn't understand what was trying to be accomplished by certain sets/plays.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
i mean you just have to go back through his draft grades and see all the bullshit he gets wrong and youll realize hes in the same boat as everyone else. he doesnt know how anything is going to play out

True for Walter, and true for everyone. What analytics do you have to demonstrate that he is wrong more than some/most/all? Even if he has been wrong in the past, like everyone else, why is he wrong this time - you don't like or agree with his narrative? Or regardless of what he believes, you dismiss his opinion because you don't trust him as a source?

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Pure shit. Now I need to smoke more Indica at night just to sleep at night. I won’t root against the Bears, but how is this going to help Fields develop?

It’s just dumb.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Or the Bears could’ve just hired Bienemy as their head coach.

Instead, they’re going to entrust their young QB’s development to…who exactly?
Yeah, there's literally no one who has ever done this.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Pure shit. Now I need to smoke more Indica at night just to sleep at night. I won’t root against the Bears, but how is this going to help Fields develop?

It’s just dumb.
It only helps Fields if he’s able to bring in a quality OC and QB coach. If rumors are true and he is going to dig into the Shanahan tree, that could be a positive.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
For those whining about an OC potentially leaving for HC. Just hire Mike McDaniel. Never called plays before so probably will be around for 2-3 years and when he leaves you can get 2 third round draft picks for developing a minority coach. If you can't get him then maybe try and pry Eric B from the Chiefs which may help him get under Reid's shadow and prove he is HC material.
Wait. I saw something about the Chiefs getting comp picks for Poles? Are there really comp picks rewarded for losing minority coaches or something like that?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
So Dan Quinn decided to stay as DC in Dallas, so we hired Eberflus.
Not sure the order of events, but if Dan Quinn was wanted by Chicago, NY and Denver and "chose" to stay in Dallas, Mike McCarthy can't be comfortable. There was already speculation Payton would be coming in a year. And if that slimeball Mccarthy is uncomfortable, I'm happy.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And his defense also played pretty well against teams who made the playoffs. What’s your point? Every coach is going to have pros and cons.
Well, Win and your in, lose and you go home, out of the post season, seems like a bad game to have an "off" day?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Or the Bears could’ve just hired Bienemy as their head coach.

Instead, they’re going to entrust their young QB’s development to…who exactly?

Poles was in KC. If he were sold on Eric B then he would be coach.

We will have to wait and see who they entrusted it too. Perhaps we should refrain from crying the sky is falling before we find out.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well, Win and your in, lose and you go home, out of the post season, seems like a bad game to have an "off" day?
Yeah, I really don't think anyone with a brain thought that game was lost due to scheme.