Matt Eberflus hired as Bears head coach

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So pathetic we hire a coach and the real good news is hacket left and Rodgers might leave. Yay
We don't know what our new staff is capable of...we know what Rodgers is capable of...

Also, losing Nagy for another coach isn't good news?

Rise

Liked Posts:
Eh, I actually agree with that decision. Harbaugh hasn't done anything to make him worth a 10 year, $100+ million dollar contract. I don't really care what he did 10 years ago with the 49ers and in the end, he never did actually win a Superbowl. He nearly got fired at Michigan, had to take a massive pay cut, hasn't won a bowl game in like 7 years and for the last several bowl games, his teams have been blown out. He isn't some can't miss football god that is worth that much.

It’s not your money who do you think gives you the best chance to win Eberflus or Harbaugh? They could of had Harbaugh but didn’t pay the money, does not hurt the salary cap. If winning was #1 he would be the coach.

Rise

Liked Posts:
We don't know what our new staff is capable of...we know what Rodgers is capable of...

replaced Nagy with Dick Jauron, two wrongs don’t make a right.

Canth

Liked Posts:
It’s not your money who do you think gives you the best chance to win Eberflus or Harbaugh? They could of had Harbaugh but didn’t pay the money, does not hurt the salary cap. If winning was #1 he would be the coach.

There have been 9 open HC positions this NFL coaching cycle. He is likely getting none of them. That speaks to what the decision makers in the NFL think of Jim Harbaugh and his ability to actually win a Superbowl.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Point is, this could be a Mitchell thing all over again..so yeah, who knows, amiright?

Rise

Liked Posts:
They can just keep getting away with it I mean why not. To think some guy who has been around the chiefs would want a guy like Eberflus as his coach is fucking hilarious. Yet you all buy it hook line and sinker.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
replaced Nagy with Dick Jauron, two wrongs don’t make a right.
wut?

you weren't happy when they got rid of Jauron...that wasn't good news?

Rise

Liked Posts:
There have been 9 open HC positions this NFL coaching cycle. He is likely getting none of them. That speaks to what the decision makers in the NFL think of Jim Harbaugh and his ability to actually win a Superbowl.

Raiders just have a guy $100 I can understand the cold feet. He won’t go anywhere else but there or here.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Point is, this could be a Mitchell thing all over again..so yeah, who knows, amiright?
so the alternative is to keep Nagy and be miserable?

yes, its a good thing we got rid of Nagy and its ok to be happy about it...

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
I just hope this guy isn’t mediocre. My fandom can’t take anymore mediocrity

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Let's be honest, the loudest people today are the ones that didn't get "their guy."

And I say that as a 1A. Daboll 1B Leftwich guy

Maybe we should all just admit that nobody is a sure thing.
These were my two guys also. I was really hoping that one of them had the traits necessary to be a good head coach and would impress in the interviews. Honestly, no matter how good an OC they are, none of us has the qualifications or is close enough to them to know whether they could make a good head coach.

After reading through different points of view here, I am coming around to the opinion that it is far more important to get the other head coaching traits right over what side of the ball they coach.

The only negatives I am seeing about Eberflus is that Colts fans are glad that he is gone and that his defense had a tendency to fold in the fourth quarter. This might be a concern depending on how involved he is with the defensive playcalling. If he is not involved, then I think this is a nonfactor.

From the quotes i have seen, the small video clips here and what others have said about him, there is a lot to like. What I see in the clips is that he is really good at communicating with his players and they seem to have a genuine mutual respect for him.

There is so much that goes into being a head coach, I would not try to predict how he will work out, but I am optimistic at this point.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
so the alternative is to keep Nagy and be miserable?

yes, its a good thing we got rid of Nagy and its ok to be happy about it...
holy shit..i'm one of the first to label Nagy a fraud!

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I just hope this guy isn’t mediocre. My fandom can’t take anymore mediocrity
take a break, i did during late fox/trestman year, barely even bother with the playoffs them years also. Earned my CDL and quit construction, best move ever.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Ehh, he is kind of a dorkchop. Hustle grade and loaf system. If you were to breed Marc Trestman with a meatball you would get an Eberflus.
I don’t know man. He provides motivation and incentive to give it your all. Seems like he’s all about accountability. I don’t really see any similarity to trestman