Matt Eberflus hired as Bears head coach

Rise

Liked Posts:
Could it be the Vikings did what you’re accusing the Bears of? Not allowed the new GM to pick coaching candidates?

Hmmmmm??

No because they are allowing their GM right now to conduct a legit search. Not a 1.5 day speed run of 3 hand selected choices.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Me pointing out he did not play well and Jones did is not attacking him. its just pointing out the obvious.
I want the Bears to have a great QB, so my opinion that Pace fucked up and drafted the wrong one does not mean I hate Fields, nor does it mean that I hope I'm wrong and fields turns into a great QB..

Besides the point that I'm literally arguing for in this thread is for a better situation for fields so he can succeed. The fact you took that as me hating on fields just means you might actually be Special person.
Is Jones' HC come from O or D?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
You know, the hill you're currently sitting on while you whine about potentially having an OC poached...

Seems to me like you're just using the coaching hire as an excuse to low-key cunt about Fields.
Me having an opinion that is different then your own is me whining? boy you're a sensitive little fella aren't ya?

And how is my arguing for wanting the emphasis to be on the offensive side of things cunting about fields? lol didnt really think that one through all the way did ya?

Rise

Liked Posts:

And there it is JJ outbid the cheap ass Bears for Quinn, what a surprise. I’m sure the homers will try to act like it was some other team that offered him the job.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Is Jones' HC come from O or D?
D and time will tell how that will workout if McDanials gets another HC job..

Jones is no Brady so it will be interesting to see how it plays out

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No because they are allowing their GM right now to conduct a legit search. Not a 1.5 day speed run of 3 hand selected choices.
Poles liked someone that he didn't want poached by the Jaguars. I guess you prefer sloppy seconds.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
For the people hyped about this, what exactly does this guy bring to the table that makes you feel that way?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

And there it is JJ outbid the cheap ass Bears for Quinn, what a surprise. I’m sure the homers will try to act like it was some other team that offered him the job.
LOL, if we hired Quinn, you would have said we rushed to take Georges guy just like Eberflus. That article is nothing but innuendo about what actually happened. JJ say 'I believe' and has you doing the same. Guy interviewed here twice. He's either confused about life choices or wasn't offered.

Jones said he believes Quinn turned down a head-coaching opportunity.
"I experienced seeing coaches turn down a head-coaching job for our situation,"
That's some vague shit right there,

This is common save face stuff that happens every cycle in a tight coaching community.

Rise

Liked Posts:
For the people hyped about this, what exactly does this guy bring to the table that makes you feel that way?

They just want him to be great, nobody wanted this clown before this process started.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
D and time will tell how that will workout if McDanials gets another HC job..

Jones is no Brady so it will be interesting to see how it plays out
Well, we know McDaniels went 11-17 and got fired midway though his 2nd season as HC without Brady and Belichick.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Me having an opinion that is different then your own is me whining?

Indeed it is.

Had you just posted your opinion and moved on with your life I wouldn't be calling you a whiner.

Yet here you are 2 days and 45+ posts in this thread later still refusing to let it go.... Hence, you're a whiner.

And how is my arguing for wanting the emphasis to be on the offensive side of things cunting about fields?

Because I don't think you actually care about the topic. IMO you're merely using it as another opportunity to repeat your various anti-Fields opinions. We're talking coaches and you can't help yourself from slipping in how you think Pace fucked up picking Fields, and how you think Fields can't read a defense and blah blah blah.... as if we haven't already heard you whine about him all season long.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
nope I never claimed that would happen. I said that I wanted an offensive minded HC because if your OC gets plucked nothing really changes for your QB.. and that consistency seems like an ideal situation for a QB who is young and developing. Now if we already had a quality experienced QB then it would be less of an issue. and maybe Fields can get enough experience and get some years under his belt before our OC gets plucked so it wont have the same impact on him changing OCs. But for me.. why take the risk?

I never said that it could never work with a defensive minded HC.. I mean we went to the superbowl with Lovie so obviously it can be done. My thought process is because this is a QB driven league and the rules are slanted towards the offense then in my opinion our emphasis should be also slanted to the QB and offenses side of the ball.. I think mirroring what KC has done seem like a good blueprint to follow. so when you are asking me about examples you cant get any more accurate with my thought process then with Nagy and Reid..

I wanted McDainals as the HC, we mirror what KC did but with McDainals as the HC/ offensive mind. so no matter what happens that offensive mind will always be there to develop fields, and the system will always be the same for him regardless who the OC is.

This is my OPINION on what I wanted to happen. I never made any proclamation on what would happen, In fact Remy didnt you have the same thought process with McDainals for HC as well? (or am I thinking of someone else?)

I think you have lost track of what you have said. Let's revisit.
Well thats based on a massive turnaround with fields in 1 year. Even if it takes 2 years before the OC gets plucked.. or 3 years etc... I'm saying the best thing is to have it so your great OC NEVER gets plucked.. how can we do that? that great OC has to be the HC..

The rules are massive lopsided towards the offensive side of things. We can take advantage of that and protect one of the most important assets by making sure he can never get plucked or go with a defensive HC and run the risk of losing that great OC you had..

The problem with building around a Defensive HC is any amount of success you have is going to be short lived.

it would be like drafting a QB and only give him 1 year deals and allow him to test the free agency market every year.. if that QB has any amount of success he is gone..

1. I would think the best thing is to have Fields develop into a QB that is not dependent on having a great OC. If the OC of a D minded head coach turns him into that then it was worth it. That is the point.

2. Your claim that success will be short lived is just Special person. Bellichek, Carroll, Tomlin, and Harbaugh are some of the longest tenured HCs so how can you say it will be short lived? We will have to see next year but I suspect Bills success with McDermott will not be short lived even if Daboll leaves because Allen is now a great QB not wholly dependent on his OC. I suspect Herbert will be the same even though he has Staley.

So again the point is you have not provided any support for your opinion. We all get that it is a hypothetical or theoretical risk. The point is that in reality we have plenty of examples to show that hypothetical or theoretical risk is not all that great. If an OC for D or ST HC does his job correctly then what we are left with is a franchise QB that doesn't need to keep the same OC as a crutch.

Last edited:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
yes and with the KC philosophy we are not losing that great OC that developed and put a system in place for our QB.. That OC that is so great is actually the HC.
So you would rather lose offensive coordinators than head coaches? I still don’t agree with your reasoning. This team had many flaws besides the quarterback. Every player made mistakes and needs to be coached. A great head coach will go on and on and keep winning no matter who his coordinators are regardless if they are offensive or defensive minded. Justin needs a coach that can concentrate on him while the other coaches do there job and when you have the head coach trying to coach one player that isn’t good. The defensive minded coach will help Justin as well but it’s the quarterback coach and the offensive coordinator that will help him the most.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Jones said he believes Quinn turned down a head-coaching opportunity to sign an extension with the Cowboys "for years to come."

Why would Jones believe it? Either he knows or he doesn't. This doesn't really tell us anything other than Jones has a huge ego.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Jones said he believes Quinn turned down a head-coaching opportunity to sign an extension with the Cowboys "for years to come."

Why would Jones believe it? Either he knows or he doesn't. This doesn't really tell us anything other than Jones has a huge ego.

He isn’t just paying him for no reason he already had him under contract. You pay more when it is necessary, Quinn had leverage. Jones has done this before.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For all you know it was the Giants. All speculation bullshit and you're acting like its facts.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well, when you wait until other teams have hired candidates away, your search is likely to take longer.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He isn’t just paying him for no reason he already had him under contract. You pay more when it is necessary, Quinn had leverage. Jones has done this before.
That doesn't answer the question. Belief means you are not sure. Sounds like Jerry is not sure.

Even if this is true, if Quinn values money over the chance to be a HC then not sure I would want him. His priorities aren't in the right place.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Jerry Jones is full of shit.

He has a HC nobody else wants, including his fans. His D just interviewed for a job he didn't get. Two, apparently. Denver and Chicago both hired other candidates and then he returned to Dallas. It's a good situation for Dallas to have him back, but there will be non-stop speculation over the next 12 months that McCarthy will be replaced by Quinn or Payton.