Matt Forte, Alshon Jeffery among Bears veterans to discuss future plans

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol, why is Gould on there? Do people really think he is gon be cut?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would like all of them back, but wow Bushrod 6.4 million. That is insane at this juncture.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol, why is Gould on there? Do people really think he is gon be cut?

The people that only watch the Bears think that every FG and PA should be made. The number of extra pts missed with the new rules were actually high. We are very fortunate to have Gould.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I would like all of them back, but wow Bushrod 6.4 million. That is insane at this juncture.

His cap number next year will be $8.7 million, with $4.3 in cap relief if he's cut. Seems like a likely cut.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
What Gould really said, "I have to feed my family. I hope Mr. Pace doesn't take food out of the mouth of my child."

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The people that only watch the Bears think that every FG and PA should be made. The number of extra pts missed with the new rules were actually high. We are very fortunate to have Gould.

I'm not going to make ecuses for Gould but we shouldnt cut him. Dude has been solid for YEARS now and this is the only rough patch I can think of in recent memory.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
But Robbie cost us the playoffs.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
His cap number next year will be $8.7 million, with $4.3 in cap relief if he's cut. Seems like a likely cut.

Yes, which make the need to draft a quality OT even more important.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I see Alshon said "I just play football"...that's not entirely true Mr. Jefferies.

then what does he do? even in spot duty he was still the best target they had.

I had the Patriots as a lock for the Super Bowl about halfway through the season, and probably winning it, before they lost all their receivers. I'm fairly certain teams don't win that game under those conditions. they could even go one and done.

so crying over spilled milk cause the Bears didn't make the playoffs or get to the Super Bowl given that and having low round picks starting on the offensive line and a defense that's all young guys and other team's castoffs.. I mean even automatic Robbie Gould wasn't so automatic. it wasn't their year. they'll have better players and hopefully be healthier next season.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
PiB, you're usually more suss than this.

Don't tell me that the GOuld missed field goals didn't matter. At the time that he missed them, it really mattered. And since it did matter, who is to say that the Bear's finish of the season might have been different. Momentum is a bitch. When you have it, it can result in beating someone who on paper is better than you are. Having something to play for as opposed to just showing up at the end of the season and collect your last paycheck. I think Gould's missed field goals and Gase and Fpx's timid game management cost this team this year.

Also, everyone seems to be very upbeat about the future of the BEars going forward. Call me a skeptic. The same shit was said about Emery/Trestman and company. Remember that? I do. People including myself were so upbeat back then and then we all ate a shit sandwich.