Matt Forte on wanting to return to Bears: Jay Cutler plays 'a huge role'

mecha

Liked Posts:
on a personal level, I get it, it's sad. we grow attached.

but it's a business. it sucks.

really enjoyed watching Forte over the years.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Agreed and if he is not resigned by the Bears it's not a certain players fault if he leaves town.

Forte is one of the those guys I will root for on another team, unless he is playing the Bears. Then all bets are off.

you mean like Cedric Benson?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Personally, I bring him back. I think he's got another 2 years playing at a high level in a two back system. That said it seems pretty clear the Bears are moving on. Its one of those things that I understand even if I don't totally agree.

As far as his opinions on Cutler, that doesn't surprise me. I think that even though he's not really a rah rah type leader, his teammates respect him and don't dislike him the way most fans do.

mecha

Liked Posts:
2 back system worked, with any combination of backs they fielded really. running the ball wasn't the issue.

speaking from my own experience from my line of work, once I crossed 30 I noticed that I just don't bounce back from the wear and tear like I did when I was 24. it's not entirely an issue of can he perform, but can he stay healthy.

if Matt Forte were a car, he'd have 200,000 miles on him. he was always #1, he never split time with anyone unlike probably some tandems on other teams.

and if I wanted someone's opinion on Jay Cutler, I would take what the team says over dumbfuck simpleminded fans that think the entire breadth of issues with a professional football team revolve around just the quarterback.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
I'm kinda torn on this one. On one hand I'd love to see Forte re-sign and finish up his career with the bears, and I feel he'd still be a highly productive back. On the other hand we have so many holes on this team, and the fact that Langford and Carey look to me like they're gonna be a very productive tandem, that we gotta spend that money somewhere the team really needs.

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
I'm kinda torn on this one. On one hand I'd love to see Forte re-sign and finish up his career with the bears, and I feel he'd still be a highly productive back. On the other hand we have so many holes on this team, and the fact that Langford and Carey look to me like they're gonna be a very productive tandem, that we gotta spend that money somewhere the team really needs.

Not torn at all. If Jay is here for two more yrs,so should Forte. Remember one DF gave away Jay's other security blanket. (Olsen)

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Time to move on. Matt should sign with someone that actually has a shot within the next 2-3 years.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Personally, I bring him back. I think he's got another 2 years playing at a high level in a two back system. That said it seems pretty clear the Bears are moving on. Its one of those things that I understand even if I don't totally agree.

Forte is my favorite guy on the team, but what is the point of bringing him back? The Bears will likely not be contenders for the next 2 years... If I am making the decisions, I put the position in to the hands of the future and hope to have a solid, smart, experienced player at the position in 2 years.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He is clearly the best RB available. It all comes down to how much would you pay for him? If we could sign him for under 4 mil a year then I am 100% for that.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:

As far as his opinions on Cutler, that doesn't surprise me. I think that even though he's not really a rah rah type leader, his teammates respect him and don't dislike him the way most fans do.

I don't like the business aspect of turning your back on a player that has been there with the team forever. Now that doesn't mean offer him ablarhe contract either. The Bears should offer him a reasonable below market offer in the 2 to 3 year range.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The following Matt Forte story might not fit everyone narrative but regardless of that, I hope you all enjoy the read and watching his interview video at the bottom.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-return-to-bears-jay-cutler-plays-a-huge-role

Discuss
Yikes, Matt's dumber than I thought. Learning curve for a QB who's a 10 year vet? Gotten better? Hug him? One of the toughest guys?

Matt, Matt , Matt. I don't know if you, like Jay, just like to go home early every season but wouldn't you like to play with a real QB you might actually win with before your career is over?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forte is my favorite guy on the team, but what is the point of bringing him back? The Bears will likely not be contenders for the next 2 years... If I am making the decisions, I put the position in to the hands of the future and hope to have a solid, smart, experienced player at the position in 2 years.

What is the point?

Why the fuck do people think there is no need for experienced vets on a team overrun with players on their first contract? Makes it all the more important to have at least a few guys that lead by example and act as locker room extension of coaches.

The idea that the bears don't need any vet talent because they aren't going to the SB next year is fucking stupid.

Forte is an exemplary football player. It doesn't fucking matter at all if he will be gone after 2 years. What matters is what he would contribute while he was still here.

buckaroo2311

Liked Posts:
Yikes, Matt's dumber than I thought. Learning curve for a QB who's a 10 year vet? Gotten better? Hug him? One of the toughest guys?

Matt, Matt , Matt. I don't know if you, like Jay, just like to go home early every season but wouldn't you like to play with a real QB you might actually win with before your career is over?

Your need for attention on this message board is insatiable. It's quite embarrassing actually. Get some self respect and pick a different vehicle for your obvious bitter, and self serving ways.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your need for attention on this message board is insatiable. It's quite embarrassing actually. Get some self respect and pick a different vehicle for your obvious bitter, and self serving ways.
Haha. Shut up, bitch.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
The following Matt Forte story might not fit everyone narrative but regardless of that, I hope you all enjoy the read and watching his interview video at the bottom.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-return-to-bears-jay-cutler-plays-a-huge-role

Discuss

RB Matt Forte on Jay Cutler: “I really wanted to talk to Jay and give him a big hug because it’s been tough."

Why can't he talk to Jay?.. Is he unreachable? like off the grid?
And what does he mean it's been tough? The criticism? the Krybaby Kromer shit? or the terrible olines they both have been dealt?
I don't understand this quote...

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Surprised it took you almost 7 minutes to respond.

Why do all the cutty fans get so muddy at spartan? As if it's his fault jay is awful, and a loser?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It is like when people stuff dick in me. It isn't my fault that I'm a terrible bottom. People these days just arent patient..

Wat?