Matt forte

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
He can’t remember. He’s still in recovery after tackling those two beasts!
Well considering I'm 42 and have suffered at least 2 concussions then it's no wonder I can't remember....... what are we talking about again?????

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
that’s kinda my point. By then jay had already been ruined by the previous years of getting beaten around like a rag doll behind terrible o lines, that by the time he finally had weapons and an OK line…it was too late. That’s what I meant by he was “seeing ghosts”

It has been said that Jay had 6 concussions while at Vanderbilt

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Matt Forte was almost as big of a fairy as you. He was a wimp (like you) that was afraid to run between the tackles. Most overrated player since Whiner Payton.

got me

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Thomas Jones had a very underrated career. One of those backs that put up a great stats but will never be in the HOF like Rickey Watters and Forte

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Forte had to live thru the end of Lovie, Trestman and then Fox. Other than Trestman, not a solid offensive mind within that bunch.

Forte was a very good player and a great Bear. Nearly 9000 yards rushing and over 4000 yards receiving in his 8 seasons with the Bears. He is the 2nd all time Bears rusher (yes, ahead of both Neal Anderson and Gale Sayers).

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
that’s kinda my point. By then jay had already been ruined by the previous years of getting beaten around like a rag doll behind terrible o lines, that by the time he finally had weapons and an OK line…it was too late. That’s what I meant by he was “seeing ghosts”

I hear what you're saying about “seeing ghosts”. But look at the beating Russ Wilson took with his OL (look at his sack totals). Yet over the years, Wilson continued to make himself a better Qb. I never saw this in jay.

I never heard about jay working hard to improve as a Qb. Over his career, going back to Denver, jay is about the same as far as, Qb development & progression. He didn't do anything in Miami either. Heck, even his ex-wife said he was lazy. :LOL:

Did u know, to this day, Brady regularly works with a private Qb coach to continue fine tuning his skill set.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I hear what you're saying about “seeing ghosts”. But look at the beating Russ Wilson took with his OL (look at his sack totals). Yet over the years, Wilson continued to make himself a better Qb. I never saw this in jay.

I never heard about jay working hard to improve as a Qb. Over his career, going back to Denver, jay is about the same as far as, Qb development & progression. He didn't do anything in Miami either. Heck, even his ex-wife said he was lazy. :LOL:

Did u know, to this day, Brady regularly works with a private Qb coach to continue fine tuning his skill set.

sooo you’re saying jay was no Tom Brady…earth shattering news/take

:oprah:

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
I used to play soccer on the top of the hill just behind DB.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

sooo you’re saying jay was no Tom Brady…earth shattering news/take

:oprah:

Lets not get it twisted ;)

No....the inference is about working hard. To get better. And stay better. In other words, some would think
Brady (of all ppl) doesn't need a private Qb coach. But Brady is always trying to improve. Same forRuss Wilson.

But somebody like jay did nothing to improve. And he's the one who definitely needed improvement more than anybody. He lacked work ethic. So the point is ....I'm never gonna make excuses for jay e.g. OL, lack of surrounding talent, coaching, the OC's, the fans, the water-boy etc. I've heard it all. jay could've worked to improve & get better. But he didn't. No more excuses

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
At one point jay had Forte, Bennett, Jefferies and Marshall. jay still couldn't and didn't perform at a high level . The OL was decent at that point too.

Yeah the OL had problems.....but jay wasn't the best at 'climbing the pocket' and or moving around in the pocket. Funny When Josh McCown took over, he didn't have those problems

Yet Josh McCown only ever had 1 winning streak as a quarterback.
A 3 game winning streak with the Jets.
Josh wasn’t all that….

I hear ya. It just seemed like the offense flowed a little smoother under McCown. Don't get me wrong. I'm in no way, trying to "crown McCown" . Yes, you're right, Josh wasn’t all that….

1623180456313.png

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yet Josh McCown only ever had 1 winning streak as a quarterback.
A 3 game winning streak with the Jets.
Josh wasn’t all that….
Yet McCown still outplayed Cutler and his win streaks are irrelevant to the post you were replying to.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forte was a great dude, I went to training camp one year and while other players were ignoring fans (Urlacher and Briggs road off the field past all of the fane on a golf cart) Forte walked up to me at the fence and had a conversation. It was good luck this year blah blah, he said thanks for being a fan, I hope we win it all this year for the fans like you" or something along those lines. I can't remember which year it was. Devin Hester did sign my hat.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Forte was a great dude, I went to training camp one year and while other players were ignoring fans (Urlacher and Briggs road off the field past all of the fane on a golf cart) Forte walked up to me at the fence and had a conversation. It was good luck this year blah blah, he said thanks for being a fan, I hope we win it all this year for the fans like you" or something along those lines. I can't remember which year it was. Devin Hester did sign my hat.
Urlacher hated Bears fans even though so many meatballs treated him like he was Papa Bear himself.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I hear ya. It just seemed like the offense flowed a little smoother under McCown. Don't get me wrong. I'm in no way, trying to "crown McCown" . Yes, you're right, Josh wasn’t all that….

View attachment 12163
What happened in 5 games in 2013 does not necessarily equate to what would have happened if he started the whole season…..it’s more likely he would have reverted to his old self if he were the starter for 16 games…..the proof is in the pudding.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Forte broke the record for most times being arm or pinky tackled

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
which was previously set by thomas jones doing hammertime behind the line