Matt Lafleur's Brother?

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Wasn't Lafleur's offense in TEN like 28th in the NFL before he was hired in GB? If you put him here in Chicago, my guess is he'd fair not much differently than Matt Nagy. His success in GB is all tied to Rodgers. Can't wait for them to experience a dose of reality when he leaves.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
He is in for a huge dose of reality once Rodgers leaves. Then we will see if ole preppy boy can really coach.

He coached RG3, Matt Ryan, and Jared Goff to their best seasons ever. Same as Rodgers.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Wasn't Lafleur's offense in TEN like 28th in the NFL before he was hired in GB? If you put him here in Chicago, my guess is he'd fair not much differently than Matt Nagy. His success in GB is all tied to Rodgers. Can't wait for them to experience a dose of reality when he leaves.

His Tennesee O was 28th because (injured) Mariota and Blaine Gabbert were his QBs lol.

His run O was top 5, and the Titans still run the exact O he installed. Arthur Smith was on pace to have that O ranked lower, but Tannehill saved him.

He had the best O in the league in 2017, with Jared Goff as his QB. He also was the QB coach to Ryan and RG3 for the best seasons of their careers..

Nearly every single QB Lafluer ever coached had the best season of his career with Lafluer as the HC/OC/QB coach. And he always accompanies this with top 5 running games.

Lafleur would have done way better then Nagy. You would have a top 5 rushing game at least, even of you still did have shitty QBs like Trubisky and Fields.

Last edited:

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
He coached RG3, Matt Ryan, and Jared Goff to their best seasons ever. Same as Rodgers.

That was Shanahan and McVay.

Im not judging him. It’s hard to say how well he’d do without Rodgers. Idk and I’m not going to pretend to know. But he wasn’t responsible for the guys you listed. Nobody was pinning Goff looking okay on LaFleur. It was McVay. RG3 and Ryan are Shanahan. I know he was part of those staffs but lol at acting like Matt LaFleur was the influence in those progressions.

That’s almost like saying Matt Nagy is responsible for Mahomes.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

Im not judging him. It’s hard to say how well he’d do without Rodgers. Idk and I’m not going to pretend to know. But he wasn’t responsible for the guys you listed. Nobody was pinning Goff looking okay on LaFleur. It was McVay. RG3 and Ryan are Shanahan. I know he was part of those staffs but lol at acting like Matt LaFleur was the influence in those progressions.

Are you sure Nagy wasn't the key to Mahomes success? I read Nagy's bio and that's what he claimed. He decided to write it now at this young age knowing he will not get another gig.

10veitout

Liked Posts:

Lafleur was RG3's QB coach for his only good seasons. RG3 declined immediately upon not having Lafleur as QB coach. Has been a backup every since.

Lafleur was Matt Ryan's QB coach for his only good seasons. Matt Ryan won MVP, and then declined immediately upon not having Lafleur as QB coach. Has not reached the same level since.

Lafleur was Goff's OC for his best season. Has not reached the same level and been regarded as mediocre, since.

Lafleur was Rodgers HC for the best and third best season of his career. In only three seasons together.

Everywhere Lafleur goes, the QB has his best career season and then never gets back to that level after losing Lafleur.

If this wasn't on Lafleur, then these QBs wouldn't be declining drastically without Lafleur, and having their best career seasons with him.

His work with QBs is incredible, and his work with O lines and RBs is damn good.

No, because Mahomes never even started with Nagy at OC lol. If Nagy had coached Mahomes to his best career season, and Mahomes declined immediately after Nagy left, I would absolutely think he (Nagy) had a major effect on Mahomes.

If he did that with 4 separate QBs, two of which are HOFers, the other two whom are backup level QBs at best? Then yea, I'd be sold on him. But Nagy never did that, Lafleur did.

Not to mention, Lafleur's running games with the Rams and Titans and Packers are all top notch. The icing on the cake.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Lafleur was RG3's QB coach for his only good seasons. RG3 declined immediately upon not having Lafleur as QB coach. Has been a backup every since.

Lafleur was Matt Ryan's QB coach for his only good seasons. Matt Ryan won MVP, and then declined immediately upon not having Lafleur as QB coach. Has not reached the same level since.

Lafleur was Goff's OC for his best season. Has not reached the same level and been regarded as mediocre, since.

Lafleur was Rodgers HC for the best and third best season of his career. In only three seasons together.

Everywhere Lafleur goes, the QB has his best career season and then never gets back to that level after losing Lafleur.

If this wasn't on Lafleur, then these QBs wouldn't be declining drastically without Lafleur, and having their best career seasons with him.

His work with QBs is incredible, and his work with O lines and RBs is damn good.

No, because Mahomes never even started with Nagy at OC lol. If Nagy had coached Mahomes to his best career season, and Mahomes declined immediately after Nagy left, I would absolutely think he (Nagy) had a major effect on Mahomes.

If he did that with 4 separate QBs, two of which are HOFers, the other two whom are backup level QBs at best? Then yea, I'd be sold on him. But Nagy never did that, Lafleur did.

Not to mention, Lafleur's running games with the Rams and Titans and Packers are all top notch. The icing on the cake.
Holy shit. This résumé actually scares me. Why couldn’t the Bears go after him? Guarantee our offense would be legit. Who is the QB coach in Green Bay? If the OC is hired to be a head coach elsewhere will he bring the QB coach? In your opinion

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Holy shit. This résumé actually scares me. Why couldn’t the Bears go after him? Guarantee our offense would be legit. Who is the QB coach in Green Bay? If the OC is hired to be a head coach elsewhere will he bring the QB coach? In your opinion

The first I ever saw Lafleur's name was in a thread here offering him as a possibility at HC back before you hired Nagy.

The QB coach is Luke Getsy. He was with GB under McCarthy as well. Either him, or OL coach Adam Stenavich would likely follow Hackett as the OC. The other would like replace Hackett as our OC.