Matt Miller's Latest 2021 Mock Draft

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Miller knows THIS is the final year of Mitch's contract right? No? Guess he didn't put a lot of thought or research into the Bears pick on this one.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Going WR in RD1 would be absolute stupidity!!! You go QB or OL or possibly LB. There are a lot of really good WR that will be there in the 2nd round. Looking at where the bears are picking i honestly think Lawrence Jax, Lance NYJ, Fields CAR, Wilson SF, Trask Den, Jones NE all the top tier QBs will be gone. Its actually a damn good spot to be in because if a 6 QBs go that early we are going to see some major talent fall to us. If we really want a QB we can take Mond or Newman in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.
OL would be a nice pic. Wouldnt mind Tucker from USC or Leatherwood Alabama. Zaven Collins a LB from Tulsa would be a nice replacement for Trevathan if of course no QBs or OL fall to us.
Id prefer we go OL,QB,WR in the first 3 rounds.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Based on the way his draft went; the only other option I'd possibly prefer would be darrisaw in round 1

Don't get locked into positions....this team needs playmakers and speed on both sides of the ball in addition to upgrading the lines.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
Going WR in RD1 would be absolute stupidity!!! You go QB or OL or possibly LB. There are a lot of really good WR that will be there in the 2nd round. Looking at where the bears are picking i honestly think Lawrence Jax, Lance NYJ, Fields CAR, Wilson SF, Trask Den, Jones NE all the top tier QBs will be gone. Its actually a damn good spot to be in because if a 6 QBs go that early we are going to see some major talent fall to us. If we really want a QB we can take Mond or Newman in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.
OL would be a nice pic. Wouldnt mind Tucker from USC or Leatherwood Alabama. Zaven Collins a LB from Tulsa would be a nice replacement for Trevathan if of course no QBs or OL fall to us.
Id prefer we go OL,QB,WR in the first 3 rounds.

I'd trade down a little, get an ILB like Nick Bolton or Chazz Surratt to replace Trevethan, or maybe even go for a C/G to bolster the IOL depth (Humphrey or Smith). Then, in the second and third, get a couple of tackles.

The tackles I like are Jackson Carmen and Daniel Faalele. You get a day one RT and the eventual replacement for Leno, and both are monsters. Carmen's 6'6", 345, could be an upgrade over Massie at RT right away. Faalele's 6'8" (or 6'9") and 400 pounds - but needs some development. Both should be available in the second round... get them there, and the offense is stable, whether or not A-Rob walks.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
Based on the way his draft went; the only other option I'd possibly prefer would be darrisaw in round 1

Don't get locked into positions....this team needs playmakers and speed on both sides of the ball in addition to upgrading the lines.

Wouldn't mind the playmakers, but O-Line is priority 1, followed by ILB (Trevethan replacement) and D-Line (youth to replace Hicks).

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
More likely is that the Bears will finally try to surround him with a supporting cast that can help them evaluate him in his final year under contract.

I think Matt forgot breakfast the day he did this one. That said, I could see it because I don't think AR is worth the money he'll get and we are in salary cap hell for our T, edge rusher and QB contracts but I would rather there were a solid LT available and I don't see the need for draft a 5'7" WR and have our top 3 on the field under 6' at the same time. . Even if they go WR, I doubt it's that one. I think it's an extremely poor projection.

Last edited:

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Also, Cohen will be back next year. Maybe the staff will finally figure out they should use him in a multitude of roles including running out of the routes instead of rushing him between the tackles on most plays.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
Can he play OT? I know many here wont agree, but it makes no sense to bring back Mitch and get rid of his most reliable target in AROB.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
T, T, C. That should be the first 3 rounds.

greg23

Liked Posts:
nobody wants to draft defense?

arent we the oldest d in the NFL?

arent we bottom 5 the last 4 weeks?

getting a dline, ilb, outside corner makes sense

Montucky

Liked Posts:

If a really good cornerback is available that is never a bad selection but Fuller is still one of the best cornerbacks in the game and Jaylon Johnson is clearly destined to be a damn fine player. I dont think any inside linebacker worth drafting in the first will drop to where the Bears are picking. Defensive line is another position you can never have too many of.

The real need is edge rusher. Aside from offensive tackle (and quarterback....) it may be the biggest hole on the team.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Bears need a linebacker and an edge rusher as well. So I wouldn't be mad at the Bears for selecting a defensive player. I would be mad at them for selecting a WR at this point in the draft.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand this coming draft is again deep at Wr. How deep is this draft at OT? If one is decent and available at the Bear pick.... RUN to the podium.