Matt Nagy can't learn, says he didn't roll Fields out more because that's what the Browns were expecting

jc456

Liked Posts:
It's mind blowing. and the fact that this shit continues to happen and there is no accountability just tells us how incompetent this organization is. If anyone wonders why i rooted for them to lose last season, this is why. Imagine running it back with these idiots.

I said it before the game even happened. This was the best case scenario for Nagy. He gets to play Fields in his broken ass offense and say "Look, the rookie isn't ready." and he gets to buy himself more time.
I made that claim halfway through the game. It was obvious that he wasn't allowing success by Field's . I would actually look at possibly Pace was involved in this shell game.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
this is pretty standard Nagy.....don't play to your strengths because the other team is expecting it....

He has shown little ability to vary his in game calls...

This is why he runs midgets on 4th and 1, TE jet sweeps, etc....

the only person he out-thinks on the field is himself. He does not trust his players to beat the other team on the virtue of what they do best. Its a losing philosophy.

jc456

Liked Posts:
A defender comes up, it opens up a guy behind him. It's football 101
the receivers need to know that. i really don't think they do. They run at the defenders and engage. They are all covered like a blanket. Every short throw yesterday was contended. That's not even statistically possible except if you are a bear receiver. Holy shit,

jc456

Liked Posts:
this is pretty standard Nagy.....don't play to your strengths because the other team is expecting it....

the only person he out-thinks on the field is himself. He does not trust his players to beat the other team on the virtue of what they do best. Its a losing philosophy.
I truly believe Nagy enjoys failed plays. Wide Receiver screen, ran more than any other route in his system. Even though it is guaranteed to fail almost every time. Where's the basic slant and screen? If one ever logs the plays, a successful route is never used in the game it was successful in thereafter. I have said that since Nagy's first year.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Everyone is laughing at this idiot.

Can’t say something was taken away when you don’t bother trying it. The Browns D will not have an easier day at the office for some time.

He's constantly out-thinking himself. All week leading up to Sunday and on gameday. He's so busy trying to hide the intricacies of his "plan" he almost comes off as a conspiracy theorist. Then get to gameday and he's calling plays as if he's simply trying to out-guess the other side and look smarter. Rather than sequencing plays based on what is happening ON the field.

Dude is an amateur.

jc456

Liked Posts:

you give him more credit than I do. I truly don't believe he has a philosophy.

jc456

Liked Posts:
He's constantly out-thinking himself. All week leading up to Sunday and on gameday. He's so busy trying to hide the intricacies of his "plan" he almost comes off as a conspiracy theorist. Then get to gameday and he's calling plays as if he's simply trying to out-guess the other side and look smarter. Rather than sequencing plays based on what is happening ON the field.

Dude is an amateur.
that's an insult to an amateur.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
So we get our rookie QB sacked 9 times in his start because the Browns wouldn't expect that? We leave Garrett completely uncovered multiple times because the Browns wouldn't expect that?

Know what the Lions wouldn't expect? Lazor as acting HC/play caller and Nagy watching at home.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Dude is an amateur.
No, we are amateurs. And we know better. Not sure what Nagy is…neither does he.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Even if the other team has a dedicated spy on Fields for the roll outs . . . like . . . so what?

You take that one on one all day every day.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Nagy is smart and didn't want to use the Fields gameplan because the Browns were ready for it. He used a different conservative approach that the Browns were not ready for and it worked to our advantage.

jive

Liked Posts:
Nagy doesn't play what his opponents expect, so.....

He'll run Tarik Cohen up the gut instead of figuring out how to use him in space.
He'll make Trubisky a pocket passer instead of using his mobility
He'll use slot receivers to block defensive ends on screens and jet sweeps
He'll take a serviceable backup OT and make him into a useless TE
He'll use a roster spot for a TE to play FB and block, and not use him to improve pass protection
He''ll sacrifice a Pro Bowl CB to keep a receiving TE, and not utilize him
He'll draft a workhorse RB only to have him carry the ball 10 times a game
He'll trade a draft pick and lots of cap space only to wind up starting the QB he already had
He'll have an offense that flows through the TE with scrubs on the roster that can't even gain 100 yards in a season
He'll say that he wants what's best for the team, and insists on calling plays
He'll say he wants what's best for Fields and then give him no protection and fail to use his strengths
He's supposed to be a QB guru, but every QB plays like crap for him
He's supposed to be an offensive genius, but his offenses rank at the bottom the last couple of seasons

Nagy is the Bizarro of football

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Dude is an amateur.
it’s all talk as well.

Keeps going on about the whys and how he’d need to watch the tape because he didn’t see this or that.

Then he’ll come out and do the same shit as he’s been doing for years. Your scheme doesn’t work, baldy. The team is more important than you.

Speed

Liked Posts:
He's trapped inside his own mind, overthinking this shit and putting himself into logic loops.

I get it "That's what they prepped for", Cutting the field in half for Justin is the obvious thing to do, but sometimes you gotta actually dare them to stop it before you write it off.