Matt Nagy can't learn, says he didn't roll Fields out more because that's what the Browns were expecting

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Garrett is telling you Matt Nagy completely shit the bed.

I realize this is for the 1 millionth time, but: With that OL, against that DL especially.. you JUST.. DON'T.. drop a rookie QB straight back like that, play after play, on the road, in his first start. You can't make him a statue standing on the same spot over and over again to be tee'd off on. And Nagy must have known that, but still did nothing ahead of time to plan responsibly.

I'd love to know if and how any of this stuff actually works in practice against our defense. Also, Nagy's confidence in our OL and WR's to execute this scheme has me questioning life as well.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I realize this is for the 1 millionth time, but: With that OL, against that DL especially.. you JUST.. DON'T.. drop a rookie QB straight back like that, play after play, on the road, in his first start. You can't make him a statue standing on the same spot over and over again to be tee'd off on. And Nagy must have known that, but still did nothing ahead of time to plan responsibly.

I'd love to know if and how any of this stuff actually works in practice against our defense. Also, Nagy's confidence in our OL and WR's to execute this scheme has me questioning life as well.
Dan Bernstein literally 10 seconds ago on the score. "IT LOOKED LIKE SABOTAGE!"

Unreal

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I no longer blame Nagy. I blame his boss for saying, "Yeah... more of that. That's what I want. That's what Chicago deserves."
And the owners are getting more of that (money) and they think that they deserve (all of that money).

Can you blame them?

Now, the McCaskeys are sad with their hobby, the Chicago Bears football team.

The Chicago Bears money-making organization is doing well, though they could be doing much better with Arlington Heights.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Nagy exposed.
But the exact same thing happened last year! It got so bad that he even had to relinquish play calling duties! And then people forgot, and somehow he wasn’t fired! Just because they were lucky enough to play a WC game at 8-8.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I think there's already 1-2 threads on this OP, but it cant be stated enough. Somehow this boob finds a way to say the dumbest possible thing ever single week.

Its legit one of the dumbest things I've ever heard a person in a position of power say in pro-sports. You didn't play to a players strengths because that's what the defense would expect... Un-fucking-real. Now we understand why he goes away from the run game when it works. Cant run plays the defense is expecting, even if it is working.

Vs LAC he refused to call any deep shots because they were playing 2 deep. Nagy is showing a pattern of willfully letting defenses dictate what he does on offense regardless of what's effective or not. Completely gutless.
Wait a minute. That is classic Bears coach speak.

"Lovie, you were running the football and averaging 10 yards per carry. Why did you stop rushing the ball and eventually lose the game?"

"Well, they were eventually going to figure it out."

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wait a minute. That is classic Bears coach speak.

"Lovie, you were running the football and averaging 10 yards per carry. Why did you stop rushing the ball and eventually lose the game?"

"Well, they were eventually going to figure it out."
take the fear of being rejected and turn it into coaching.

jc456

Liked Posts:
But the exact same thing happened last year! It got so bad that he even had to relinquish play calling duties! And then people forgot, and somehow he wasn’t fired! Just because they were lucky enough to play a WC game at 8-8.
that's just it, Trubisky was considered a flop, Foles couldn't get out of his own way. This QB, Fields, This was his request, and he sabotaged him. It wasn't just me that saw through the sabotage, many saw it. I even think Greg Olsen saw it. I'm a firm believer Nagy is out to destroy the bears. I just can't see it any other way.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
that's just it, Trubisky was considered a flop, Foles couldn't get out of his own way. This QB, Fields, This was his request, and he sabotaged him. It wasn't just me that saw through the sabotage, many saw it. I even think Greg Olsen saw it. I'm a firm believer Nagy is out to destroy the bears. I just can't see it any other way.
I don’t believe that, first, he isn’t intelligent enough to do that. He’s just a terrible football coach.

jc456

Liked Posts:
I don’t believe that, first, he isn’t intelligent enough to do that. He’s just a terrible football coach.
yeah, perhaps, but wow, it looked intentional. Dude, he never once set up a TE in front of Garret. Not once. Come on, man, after six sacks that should have been move number uno. but nooooooooo. incompetence goes only so far. That was just blatant

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Might as well not bother to play because the other team is always going to counter what you're going to do smh. This guy is such a piece of stupid shit, it is amazing.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Not playing to his own team’s strengths because the other team would expect it is absolute peak Matt Nagy, it’s so him it’s untrue.

If Tom Brady was playing QB he’d keep it on the ground just to fool the opposition. While in his head he’s thinking ‘Nagy you genius’!

Matt have you at any point asked yourself whether doing things the players are shit at just to throw the other team off the scent is that good of an idea?

Based on the type of coach I thought we were getting, the setup he came from and all the talk of a great offensive mind, I can honestly say I’ve never been more disappointed or unimpressed by a Chicago Bears coach.

He is an absolute fraud.

One of the worst coaches in history.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guys, he told us he would let Defenses dictate what he does well before this.

Flat out admitted previously in response to being asked why he didn't attempt throwing beyond 15 yards in the week 1 debacle: "we took what the defense gave us". He straight up told the league they can control what he does and doesn't do, and how to do it. His words!!!

When will people believe him when he tells us he's incompetent? His words, actions, and results all prove this!!!

So what if he stood next to Andy Reid for a few years under an OC title.
Nagy didn't call plays except for the last 6 games to a 3-3 record and 1st game playoff loss where he misused Mahomes criminally. Yet he now thinks he's not only better than OCs who have called plays for years, but thinks he can do that better WHILE also tending to HC duties...which he repeatedly tells us postgame "I did not see that", "will have to check the tape", b/c he was buried in his call sheet & not talking to players & staff.

IMPOSSIBLE to win with this ignorance and arrogance. Proof is all there.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
He had a week to prepare knowing Fields was going to be the QB too, it’s fucking madness.
It just looked like he used his same offense Dalton was running, changed nothing.

I think the biggest issues is Fields is not a dink and dunk guy. He wants to win. He wants the big play. He's not gonna throw 3 yard passes all game. If Nagy wants that, Dalton is his guy.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It just looked like he used his same offense Dalton was running, changed nothing.

I think the biggest issues is Fields is not a dink and dunk guy. He wants to win. He wants the big play. He's not gonna throw 3 yard passes all game. If Nagy wants that, Dalton is his guy.
I don’t think anyone can throw the ball with 0.78 seconds or whatever the average was.

The old boys network is responsible for the likes of Nagy getting work in the NFL. How this guy is a HC is beyond me.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Might as well not bother to play because the other team is always going to counter what you're going to do smh. This guy is such a piece of stupid shit, it is amazing.

That's why we didn't throw any passes beyond 10 yards against the Rams, because they were dropping their safeties deep. To Nagy, that means you NEVER even try to throw the ball deep.

No wonder he underutilizes Montgomery. The first time the opposition plays a run D formation, Nagy is like, "Welp, time to throw out all our running plays!" ?

It is the same issue it has always been. The only coach that Matt Nagy can out-coach is Matt Nagy.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
From the moment Justin Fields was drafted, Matt Nagy, Bill Lazor and the gang had to have been crafting plays specifically for Justin Fields. The Sun-Times' Patrick Finley said they created a proverbial rolodex of plays in the months since the draft, excited to use them.

Well, where were they?

If Nagy himself is to be believed, he left those plays on the Denny's menu because that's what the Browns were expecting. He intentionally didn't play to Fields' strengths, because he figured that's what the Browns were preparing for, he said after Sunday's loss.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Remember when the Bears inexplicably stopped using Cohen as a weapon in what could've been selective strategic moments because Nagy said other teams were gameplanning for it? A gadget running back is one thing, but now we're seeing it with a quarterback.

Justin Fields has a dead-aim on the run (usually). He can hurt you with his legs. He also---for better or worse---holds onto the ball too long. In what world should such a player just drop back 5-7 steps and stand in the pocket? What the heck are these plays?

Jason Lieser made the comment after the game that for all the talk of being excited for Fields to take first-team reps all week, for all the talk of being excited about Fields' unique repertoire, it sure looked like Nagy didn't want to use any of it. It sure looked like Nagy was calling plays for Andy Dalton.

It sure looked like Matt Nagy wants to turn Justin Fields into Andy Dalton.

Matt Nagy is incapable of learning. Quarterbacks come in, junk comes out. Play calls go in, junk comes out. Again. And again. And again.

He's manned one of the worst, if not the worst, offense in the NFL for going on four years now, and seems incapable or unwilling, or both, of adjusting that offense to the skills of his play-caller.

It's not getting better. Matt Nagy can't learn. And he can't coach this team. And I wouldn't trust him to coach *any* team.

This is exactly why Nagy is such a shitty coach. A good coach imposes their will on their opponent. They line up, play to their strengths, hit hard, and then feint when the set up has happened.

This fucking guy plays the let me shoot my nuts off since they expect me to put my balls on the fucking table and impose my will, yeah, let me castrate the fuck out of me and my team so they never see it coming game.

He is the biggest fucking idiot in the league. He’s a shitty coach. If you catch them on the run, you keep them on the run. That’s coaching. Fuck him.

jc456

Liked Posts:
This is exactly why Nagy is such a shitty coach. A good coach imposes their will on their opponent. They line up, play to their strengths, hit hard, and then feint when the set up has happened.

This fucking guy plays the let me shoot my nuts off since they expect me to put my balls on the fucking table and impose my will, yeah, let me castrate the fuck out of me and my team so they never see it coming game.

He is the biggest fucking idiot in the league. He’s a shitty coach. If you catch them on the run, you keep them on the run. That’s coaching. Fuck him.
And evidence Andy Reid was calling plays in KC while Nagy was the OC.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
If you read the Doug Farrar piece at least in the first half the Browns absolutely were vulnerable to fake handoff - QB keep, even out of the shitty formations Nagy likes to run from. So I dont believe that CLE was taking things away, I believe NAgy thought they would without taking he time (or having the ability) to see it wasnt actually happening on the field.