Matt Nagy has been told Sunday is his last game

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Yes, he has. I am a former special education teacher. I worked in two schools. I was stubborn for three years and set in my ways. Then due to lack of special education students, they had to make cuts. So I joined another district as a teacher's assistant. I had a whole new perspective on things and it really helped me grow as a teacher. I got a job with the same district for the next three years as the new special education teacher. I changed my ways for the better and the students were much more successful because of this.

I no longer teach these days (too many politics, I am hearing impaired, so with the masks, it was a constant challenge for me to hear with my cochlear implant.), etc. So I stepped aside because I did not want to hinder the students' success with my hearing disability.

Point is - I was stubborn, got a fresh look at things, changed my ways. If I can do that, then so can Nagy.
He can. But he won’t. Most likely goes back to KC. If he was smart, he would take a position somewhere else to get that different perspective, even if it meant a “lesser” position.

90sBullsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Kansas City Royals
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Kansas City Chiefs
  1. Minnesota Wild
  1. Northern Iowa Panthers
Oh man is this week's play calling going to be off the chain!

Over a dozen Wildcat plays!

Shovel passes galore!

Only three called rushing plays!

Darnell Mooney lining up at QB!

Thirty illegal shift penalties!

Matt Nagy himself lining up at QB to show Chicago that his offense works with a REAL QB!

Matt Nagy being ***OFFICIALLY*** fired while he is having surgery on his lacerated kidney!
I'm a KC fan, but I might watch the Bears this week just to see what transpires. Between this and the Vikings showing last week, this one could be a hilarious shitshow.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not sure if Fox was the answer unless he got a better OC. He appeared to be losing a bit of his sharpness but ya, it would have been a much better suited offense. I recall neither of us cared for what Nagy was doing on O his 1st year. Complexity for no good reason gets caught up to when if don't catch a D cheating which he never did. Even later, you assume he's running that predictable end around a couple times to catch a D with a twist but nooo, 3rd end around for a loss.

Long term answer no but thought their plan for Trubisky was correct. The WRs were absolute shit and he was green. They were correct to bring him along slow but fans just were impatient. Assuming we still go out and get ARob and Gabriel or another WR then they would have opened things up while still be committed to the run unlike Nagy.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He can. But he won’t. Most likely goes back to KC. If he was smart, he would take a position somewhere else to get that different perspective, even if it meant a “lesser” position.
In what capacity, Eric Bieniemy is firmly entrenched as OC and far superior to what Nagy was. If EB gets a HC gig, it will be interesting to see if Reid was just talking shit when he said Nagy was his most HC ready asst ever. I think he would take a hard pass on bringing him back.

90sBullsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Kansas City Royals
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Kansas City Chiefs
  1. Minnesota Wild
  1. Northern Iowa Panthers
I don't understand why people defend him because he is a "good guy". It was obvious from very early on he couldn't install an offense and yet he never allowed an OC to install a working offense because of his pride.

I consider him the worst coach since Wannstedt. I firmly believe if we had just left John Fox in the head coach role, as miserable as that would have been, the Bears likely would have performed better over the long haul. Bringing in Foles, Dalton, Graham, Burton.. those were all moves that Nagy needed for his "system", which was a joke. His incompetency hurt the team not only in underperformance but also in bringing in players that ultimately wasted cap space.
Worst since...Wannstedt? Marc Trestman would like a word...

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Maybe he’ll pass HC calling duties over to someone else on the coaching staff until the start of next season, so they can get fired for him.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I know we all want him out, and rightfully so.

But he's a good dude, he will probably learn from this experience, go on to be OC somewhere else for a while, and absorb even more knowledge and experience, then have a second chance at HC.

With that being said, lets hope he can end his career with a W because he's a good guy and it will bump our pick to the Giants.
Yeah he needs to go but it is sad. He like our previous 3 failed coaches really loved the team and were great guys.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, he has. I am a former special education teacher. I worked in two schools. I was stubborn for three years and set in my ways. Then due to lack of special education students, they had to make cuts. So I joined another district as a teacher's assistant. I had a whole new perspective on things and it really helped me grow as a teacher. I got a job with the same district for the next three years as the new special education teacher. I changed my ways for the better and the students were much more successful because of this.

I no longer teach these days (too many politics, I am hearing impaired, so with the masks, it was a constant challenge for me to hear with my cochlear implant.), etc. So I stepped aside because I did not want to hinder the students' success with my hearing disability.

Point is - I was stubborn, got a fresh look at things, changed my ways. If I can do that, then so can Nagy.
Thanks for sharing your experience and your students were certainly lucky to have you as a teacher and were able to change your approach for the betterment of your students- that's a great experience we can all learn from. If every professional was willing to have been as humble in changing their approach as you were- we'd be much better off in society. So thank you for that as well.

In regards to Nagy changing his ways- I think there is a huge difference between being stubborn and having a massive ego. There is one aspect I feel is a deficiency won't be remedied any time soon....being tone deaf on player relationships and how to develop those relationships. We don't need to even go into his failed relationships from Mitch & Foles..requiring the Bears to spend over 10mil to get Dalton...its infuriating.

It appears as if Roquan, Monty and a few others have gotten along with Nagy and have had a good rapport with him...but who wouldn't love those guys? After the Bears got murdered in embarrassing fashion in Tampa he was unprovoked in speaking on the close relationships their staff had developed with their players...talk about tone deaf. He doesn't get it because he doesn't think he has to. That's not being stubborn...that's having a massive ego.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I’d rather keep Nagy over hiring Leslie Frazier.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
Thanks George for giving your fan base it's every 5 year reason to be a happy Bears fan about something you did.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
But Pace is staying....this isn't fucking good enough!!

Fuck off,George!!!
If he's re-assigned and isn't the GM or promoted to President...I don't really care. It would be similar to John Paxson remaining with the Bulls now.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:

I hear ya! Pun intended. I also have hearing loss and the masks are a pain in arse. I’m constantly asking cashiers to repeat themselves.
my wife made the appointment at the audiologist and told me: “if you can hear, I’m going to kill you….”?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyone should pursue their dreams. If some of the guys that I have seen this year are still QB's in the NFL, then anything is possible.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I don't understand why people defend him because he is a "good guy". It was obvious from very early on he couldn't install an offense and yet he never allowed an OC to install a working offense because of his pride.

I consider him the worst coach since Wannstedt. I firmly believe if we had just left John Fox in the head coach role, as miserable as that would have been, the Bears likely would have performed better over the long haul. Bringing in Foles, Dalton, Graham, Burton.. those were all moves that Nagy needed for his "system", which was a joke. His incompetency hurt the team not only in underperformance but also in bringing in players that ultimately wasted cap space.
Our long national nightmare is over………again……

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If that is the case, then there is ABSOLUTELY no way you can let Fields play this week.

Justin Fields will only play three snaps...as a receiver. He will receive one target, but Dalton will blow the route and nails Fields in the back of the head so hard that Fields leaves the game with a concussion while Dalton tears his rotator cuff on the throw.

Big Dick Nick laughs out loud, rips the radio out of his helmet and throws 4 TDs while flipping off Matt Nagy every time he tries to call a play from the sidelines.

Game of the Year coming up Sunday!

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hear ya! Pun intended. I also have hearing loss and the masks are a pain in arse. I’m constantly asking cashiers to repeat themselves.
my wife made the appointment at the audiologist and told me: “if you can hear, I’m going to kill you….”?
My dad refuses to admit he is going deaf. So we have that situation right now in my house. He just will not visit an audiologist!

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
This does mean that the Bears can interview repalcements as we speak
Yes, the timing of this is strange. If we haven't heard of any interviews happening before next Monday I think it may be safe to assume Pace is moving into another role. It would make zero sense to not start now, if Pace was staying as the GM. But it is the Bears so..

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah whatever, what about Pace?