Matt Nagy has been told Sunday is his last game

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Finally.....

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Yes, the timing of this is strange. If we haven't heard of any interviews happening before next Monday I think it may be safe to assume Pace is moving into another role. It would make zero sense to not start now, if Pace was staying as the GM. But it is the Bears so..
It is curious. It's possible it's happening without it being reported yet, but I fear another scenario where they've predetermined a candidate and back channeled those discussions already (Harbaugh, Frazier) and got assurances they will work with Pace.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Yep.
Imagine the absolute shit show if he was retained
It’s not happening. He will be fired. There is no positive result to make him aware prior to the game that he was done. Terrible reporting by Greenberg.

jive

Liked Posts:
I don't think Nagy has to be told it's his last game to know it's his last game.

I bet there will hugs and tears on the sidelines after the game.
And of course, this will probably be his best offensive performance because it is our fate as Bears fans to suffer.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Still different than the OP. All know he's gone but Boomer is a dick. Remember that he once gave a baseball player grief for not 'scheduling' his child's birth away from opening day.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I know we all want him out, and rightfully so.

But he's a good dude, he will probably learn from this experience, go on to be OC somewhere else for a while, and absorb even more knowledge and experience, then have a second chance at HC.

With that being said, lets hope he can end his career with a W because he's a good guy and it will bump our pick to the Giants.
Hub, is that you?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would like to thank everyone for all the positive John Fox talk in this thread. It made me happy. His teams were unlucky with injuries on both offense and defense, and we all know the offensive weapons did not exist (especially WR).

Dick Butka

Liked Posts:
Yes, he has. I am a former special education teacher. I worked in two schools. I was stubborn for three years and set in my ways. Then due to lack of special education students, they had to make cuts. So I joined another district as a teacher's assistant. I had a whole new perspective on things and it really helped me grow as a teacher. I got a job with the same district for the next three years as the new special education teacher. I changed my ways for the better and the students were much more successful because of this.

I no longer teach these days (too many politics, I am hearing impaired, so with the masks, it was a constant challenge for me to hear with my cochlear implant.), etc. So I stepped aside because I did not want to hinder the students' success with my hearing disability.

Point is - I was stubborn, got a fresh look at things, changed my ways. If I can do that, then so can Nagy.
Where is Nagy gonna go work with special eds again when Anthony Miller got cut by Houston?