Matt Nagy has been told Sunday is his last game

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope Nagy calls a quintuple reverse with the ball carrier then throwing a backwards pass to the punter who runs the ball backwards 15 yards only to kick the ball to a lineman who gets tackled for a 20 yard loss. Then getting a 10 yard penalty to boot.
That will show em who's a good coach!!

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I don't understand why people defend him because he is a "good guy". It was obvious from very early on he couldn't install an offense and yet he never allowed an OC to install a working offense because of his pride.

I consider him the worst coach since Wannstedt. I firmly believe if we had just left John Fox in the head coach role, as miserable as that would have been, the Bears likely would have performed better over the long haul. Bringing in Foles, Dalton, Graham, Burton.. those were all moves that Nagy needed for his "system", which was a joke. His incompetency hurt the team not only in underperformance but also in bringing in players that ultimately wasted cap space.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't understand why people defend him because he is a "good guy". It was obvious from very early on he couldn't install an offense and yet he never allowed an OC to install a working offense because of his pride.

I consider him the worst coach since Wannstedt. I firmly believe if we had just left John Fox in the head coach role, as miserable as that would have been, the Bears likely would have performed better over the long haul. Bringing in Foles, Dalton, Graham, Burton.. those were all moves that Nagy needed for his "system", which was a joke. His incompetency hurt the team not only in underperformance but also in bringing in players that ultimately wasted cap space.
Fox would have had Trubisky running play action all day, every day. That said, Fox was no longer a destination either.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

No one is defending him.

the good guy comments are just an observation.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No one is defending him.

Seriously, ive never seen someone defend him by saying he's a good guy. For whatever reason this is something people preface their harsh football comments with.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fox would have had Trubisky running play action all day, every day. That said, Fox was no longer a destination either.

We should have stuck with Fox. Fangio remains DC so D still takes off and Fox would have ran a ball controll O focused on pounding the ball and play action. Not sexy by any means but likely could have got the job done.

Last edited:

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Guy doesn’t have to work another day the rest of his life.
But I hope he does. I hope someone hires him to be an OC and he has full control of the offense. It's probably Schadenfreude but I want another NFL fanbase to witness this incompetence. The NFL never learns with giving incompetent people endless opportunities.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No one is defending him.

I wonder if the good guy thing is just an act though.

Just got the sense that guys like Foles and Fields picked up on Nagy's arrogant hubris.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Yeah i'm not gonna defend the guy but i also think many fans can take it way too far like when they were yelling Fire Nagy at his sons soccer or football game or whatever it was. I want him gone as much as anyone but he's still a human being who's kids will see that shit.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We should have stuck with Fox. Fangio remains DC so D still takes off and Fox would have ran a ball controll O focused on pounding the ball and play action. Not sexy by any means but likely could have for the job done.
Not sure if Fox was the answer unless he got a better OC. He appeared to be losing a bit of his sharpness but ya, it would have been a much better suited offense. I recall neither of us cared for what Nagy was doing on O his 1st year. Complexity for no good reason gets caught up to when if don't catch a D cheating which he never did. Even later, you assume he's running that predictable end around a couple times to catch a D with a twist but nooo, 3rd end around for a loss.

Last edited:

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah i'm not gonna defend the guy but i also think many fans can take it way too far like when they were yelling Fire Nagy at his sons soccer or football game or whatever it was. I want him gone as much as anyone but he's still a human being who's kids will see that shit.
You're a horrible person.

I wonder if the good guy thing is just an act though.

Just got the sense that guys like Foles and Fields picked up on Nagy's arrogant hubris.
So are you.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I know we all want him out, and rightfully so.

But he's a good dude, he will probably learn from this experience, go on to be OC somewhere else for a while, and absorb even more knowledge and experience, then have a second chance at HC.

With that being said, lets hope he can end his career with a W because he's a good guy and it will bump our pick to the Giants.
I disagree with this. If Nagy has proven anything, it is that he is inflexible and resistant to change ( see endless bubble screens, wild cats and gadget plays at every opportunity. I don't think he will have learned anything from his failures. As far as him getting an OC job, what teams sees his body of work as a playcalling HC and thinks, that is what we are missing? Even a a shot at a QB coach seems sketchy considering his complete inability to develop youth or use the veteran QB's he asked for to any degree of success.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Everyone had hope for the Nagy hire and there's no shame in that. Revisionism, not so much.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Yes, he has. I am a former special education teacher. I worked in two schools. I was stubborn for three years and set in my ways. Then due to lack of special education students, they had to make cuts. So I joined another district as a teacher's assistant. I had a whole new perspective on things and it really helped me grow as a teacher. I got a job with the same district for the next three years as the new special education teacher. I changed my ways for the better and the students were much more successful because of this.

I no longer teach these days (too many politics, I am hearing impaired, so with the masks, it was a constant challenge for me to hear with my cochlear implant.), etc. So I stepped aside because I did not want to hinder the students' success with my hearing disability.

Point is - I was stubborn, got a fresh look at things, changed my ways. If I can do that, then so can Nagy.
Had a coworker in a middle-management position that we nicknamed the "teamkiller" because his ego got in everyone's way, including his own. Several of us continue to question why he wasnt fired before he got reassigned.

The move and change in responsibility fit his talents way better and he actually got the promotions that he always said he deserved. He was somewhere like 50 when this happened. Any person has that uncanny ability to surprise you.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even though this isn't official it's still a relief. I really hope they don't fuck up again with the next hire/hires. Maybe they can even make being a Bears fan fun again?