Matt Nagy kept this team together

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
When he told the team he would nothing more than the designated TO caller, I heard that there was a collective cheer and they opened club dub midweek for an all night rave. Virginia sampled some X and Teddy and George got caught in the equipment room "going over some numbers."
by your logic is every non play calling HC a glorified time out caller?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
A few good games against bad teams doesn't excuse shitting the bed earlier in the season, and the past seasons of poor performance. Unless you're a QB apparently, according to a bunch on this board.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Fuck Nagy. He is a narcissist who could do no wrong after his first year.

Blamed Mitch for his O struggles. Blamed Montgomery and O-line for running struggles. He had Pace bring in Foles to show that Mitch was problem. Foles sucked ass. Nagy lost play calling duties.

Now Mitch can be effective and Bears running game is actually working? Seeing a trend?

Add to it he wanted TEs so Pace got him Graham in FA and Kmet in the second round and he has no idea how to implement them into the offense.

Add to that the staggeringly terrible gameplanning and preparation for weeks at a time turning a 5-1 start to 5-7 before finally making changes to stop the bleeding.

He is not a good HC. He is even worse at offensive playcalling and philosophy.

Enjoy the 32-heavy offense today.

Nagy will not do this consistently. He just cannot help himself.

A tiger cannot change its stripes.

Before the year is out, the Bears will go down and out on an offensive game where 32 barely has touches and pass attempts will be 50 or more. You can bank it with this guy.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
A few good games against bad teams doesn't excuse shitting the bed earlier in the season, and the past seasons of poor performance. Unless you're a QB apparently, according to a bunch on this board.
but you must admit getting the team to not completely cash their checks the rest of the season despite losing 6 seasons speaks a lot about the HC. that’s a lot of losing without the team giving up.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
The problem with Nagy is that he also...

- Tried to run the KC offense throughout 2019 (with the exception of the Chargers I-form game), even when it was clear Trubisky couldn't run it and the personnel wasn't there.
- Looked at Foles and Trubisky in practice for MONTHS and thought Foles was the better option, particularly after the OL was so obviously struggling
- Had to be removed from playcalling duties and have his arse handed to him by Lazor for the offense to be effective.

Eventually, Nagy will want to re-install his bullshit scheme and our OL and QB will not be able to execute it. Or do we really think he can stay out of the way and park his ego?

If Nagy can truly stay on the sidelines and piss around the edges with a few gimmicky screens and the odd Cordarrelle Patterson toss play to the boundary, then OK: I can watch Lazor and Trubisky for 2021 and see where we are. If not, let's blow it up and save ourselves the heartache.

While we're at it, can we please fire Pagano. His defense has been soft as shit the last three weeks.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
but you must admit getting the team to not completely cash their checks the rest of the season despite losing 6 seasons speaks a lot about the HC. that’s a lot of losing without the team giving up.
Agreed, I still think its best to move on from him and Pace but i definitely acknowledge you can't credit the parts of the team you like for this turn around while not giving that acknowledgment to the parts you dont like.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Agreed, I still think its best to move on from him and Pace but i definitely acknowledge you can't credit the parts of the team you like for this turn around while not giving that acknowledgment to the parts you dont like.
if nagy being canned means Pace is gone too i would gladly say goodbye to Nagy and wish him success in the AFC.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Nagy has 3 quality wins in 3 years. That’s sad!

2018 - Rams
2019 - Vikings
2020- Bucs

He’s 1-4 against the Packers. (Solo win came against a broken 2018 GB team)

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
by your logic is every non play calling HC a glorified time out caller?
Some design plays well, some develop players well, some recognize what talent should be playing. Nagy has not done any of those adequately. Hell, today he took a delay of game with 1st and goal at the one rather than call time out and called a time out after the opponent called a timeout, so he pretty much sucks at that as well.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
Some design plays well, some develop players well, some recognize what talent should be playing. Nagy has not done any of those adequately. Hell, today he took a delay of game with 1st and goal at the one rather than call time out and called a time out after the opponent called a timeout, so he pretty much sucks at that as well.
Nagy time management = awful.
Nagy offensive play calling = awful.
Nagy offensive personnel usage = awful.
Nagy offensive line decisions = awful.