Matt Nagy leads Vegas odds for first coach to be fired

Stephen_Roto

CCS Podcast Guy
Donator
Liked Posts:

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I would say he will not be the first. Someone will be fired during the season which is something the Bears have never done. After the season all bets are off............Fire his ass then.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would say he will not be the first. Someone will be fired during the season which is something the Bears have never done. After the season all bets are off............Fire his ass then.
I don’t really foresee an in season firing this year. Who would it be?

Broncos would have to nose dive IMO.
Lions have a 1st year HC
Jets have a 1st year HC
Jags have a 1st year HC

Maybe Flores in Miami? They’ve been a big disappointment but they can lay a lot of that on Tua being awful and he is awful. He looks a mobile Josh Rosen. If they get Watson and he can turn they O around Flores will be safe.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I would rank it:
1) Nagy
2) Urban Meyer
3) Joe Judge (NY Giants)

But I agree with Milky, most of the struggling teams are 1st year head coaches and those guys are going to get a second season.

msadows

Liked Posts:
There's no chance he's the first coach fired. Someone will get fired in season and it won't be him.

Agreed.

This team will win just enough to keep his job safe during the season. Bears also dont fire mid season.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t doubt he leaves at the end of the year… I’m just curious if Pace is sent packing along with him.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
He gone. They took away playcalling and forced Fields to start. Both of these decisions were not what Nagy wanted to do. Our offense is ranked last in the league. He is dead man walking.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
It needs to be an entire house cleaning

msadows

Liked Posts:
mama said don't count yo chickens before they're hatched.

Seriously tho, a lot of people on here assume nagy is gone. Fields, and this defense, very much could save his job.

This team goes 9-8 and I feel like he's back here next year. 9-8 isn't an insane scenario considering the remaining schedule.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't know that he's the first coach fired, but Vegas usually knows something. He's definitely gone after this year.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't know that he's the first coach fired, but Vegas usually knows something. He's definitely gone after this year.

I think its the opposite in this case, to be fair.

Nagy was already on the hot seat heading into this season. Big time. Lots of people expected changes last offseason and they didn't happen. Only natural for him to be the leading candidate to be fired rather than some first year coaches that are doing like trash.

The guy with 4 years in the league has a lot less leeway than a guy with 6 weeks.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Yes you’re right he stepped down

if I was to guess first firing it has to be giants coach judge lions coach Campbell or even broncos fangio

we might be in playoffs and don’t do in season firings so these other teams going to be going to work black Monday

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would think judge would be in the short list.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I also feel like if Vic gets embarrassed tonight on national tv he could sky rocket.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Naw, if Broncos lose tonight to a banged up Browns team with a backup QB.

THIS BOARDS DARLING VIC FANGIO IS ON A HOTTER SEAT THEN NAGY