Matt Nagy on if he'll give up playcalling duties: "That's the very first thing I look at ... I'm really, honestly, not opposed

greg23

Liked Posts:
I'll have to look at the tape and the game just ended 12 hours ago but as the BHVWGHC i can assure that the play calling was excellent!

greg23

Liked Posts:
Nagys going to go into the Saints game without making a single change and then wonder what happened when the offense scores 1 TD

First 3rd and 1

Fake sweep toss short side to patterson?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
First 3rd and 1

Fake sweep toss short side to patterson?

If you run it 10 times it has to work once. Maybe. We’ll see

I was mainly referring to him continuing calling plays, not benching anyone on the OL, and not looking to Kmet who has done well when given a chance.

MarkBear

?⬇️
Liked Posts:
Is he a very good coach? Bad clock management, bad use of personnel, failure to develop offensive players, failure to develop a good nfl offense, does not play to teams strengths, gets rid of multiple players and coaches to fit his scheme and there is zero improvement. This team is living off the defense
I think he problem with him is he is too focused in the play book and not on the team. If he was more focused on the team overall, then we may see an improvement. Doesn’t hurt to try

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Through seven games, and a 5-2 record, the Chicago offense ranks 27th in points per game (19.7), 30th in yards per play (4.8), 30th in yards per run (3.8), 29th in yards per pass (5.6), 30th on third-down conversions (35.1%) and 29th in red zone efficiency (47.6%).

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Through seven games, and a 5-2 record, the Chicago offense ranks 27th in points per game (19.7), 30th in yards per play (4.8), 30th in yards per run (3.8), 29th in yards per pass (5.6), 30th on third-down conversions (35.1%) and 29th in red zone efficiency (47.6%).
Who are the two teams worse than them running the ball? It's hard to imagine there are any.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
"I look at all [the possibility of someone else calling plays]," Nagy said Tuesday. "The very first thing I look at is that. I talk to our coaches and we talk through that whole process. I'm really honestly not opposed to, there's no opposition from me if we feel like that that's what the issue is. And so we look at that. Right now, where we're at, that's not where we think it's at."

So he is saying his subordinates didn't tell him he sucks ass at playcalling. Nothing says a candid and honest like asking the people that work for you if you suck at your job and should let someone else do it. Well Matt, every analyst I have heard and every Bears fan I know, that is not dependent on you for employment, says that is where we think it is at.

Last edited:

Rocksteady

Night Elf
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Bad game, in it for most of it despite the onslaught of penalties. Everything went the rams way and there were a few plays there, like the wide open overthrow that would have changed the game. Strangely we have 2 different QBs on the roster with similar results. The one stat that shouldn't be was the lack of big plays down field. Based on what we've seen. Bears WRs are in position to make these plays. I agree with 4-2 record is too soon to give up play calling.