Matt Nagy or Bears fining Late players?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Coming from this same guy who said this directly after the game where 2 DBs stood and watched a WR get up from a catch and walk into the endzone without touching them. ?‍♂️?‍♂️

Nagy no accountability.jpg

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you’re early you’re on time.
If you’re on time you’re late.
If you’re late you’re lost.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm just surprised it wasn't written in crayon on pink construction paper.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And then posted it on social media. This looks worse on JJ than it does on Nagy to be completely honest.

Yes, the social media stuff makes JJ look bad. No question. But I am not talking about PR bullshit.

What I am talking about is that this is the kind of thing that will cause you to start to lose the team. Happened to Coughlin.

Frankly, it paints a picture of Nagy as someone who feels like he is desperately losing control of the locker room, and is now throwing his weight around to try to get it back. But when you do it over something like this....

No, its not major on its own, but it is a canary in a coal mine, a warning sign and foreshadowing of things to come.

If the Bears get pasted by Tampa like we all think they will, its going to be interesting how much longer the whole "but he keeps the locker room together" narrative lasts...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yes, the social media stuff makes JJ look bad. No question. But I am not talking about PR bullshit.

What I am talking about is that this is the kind of thing that will cause you to start to lose the team. Happened to Coughlin.

Frankly, it paints a picture of Nagy as someone who feels like he is desperately losing control of the locker room, and is now throwing his weight around to try to get it back. But when you do it over something like this....

No, its not major on its own, but it is a canary in a coal mine, a warning sign and foreshadowing of things to come.

If the Bears get pasted by Tampa like we all think they will, its going to be interesting how much longer the whole "but he keeps the locker room together" narrative lasts...
To you it does. The guy who wants him out, and is looking for any reason/excuse to have it done.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Tbh, I think Nagy lost the team last year during the 6 game skid and never really regained it. At least the defensive side of the ball.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
To you it does. The guy who wants him out, and is looking for any reason/excuse to have it done.

You act like I have some power to actually make it happen. I'll leave the narcissism to you and your buddies. I'm just an observer who is sharing his take on things.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You act like I have some power to actually make it happen. I'll leave the narcissism to you and your buddies. I'm just an observer who is sharing his take on things.
No, you're using your own bias of wanting Nagy gone to make a big deal about little to nothing. You're doing so by saying things like Nagy feels he is "desperately losing the locker room." Nobody else is saying that, but you.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Worked 32 years in construction. 1 time I was late. Being on time is a simple freaking process.

Here's my deal.

Is JJ usually on time, and once was late by 1 minute? Then this is a great way to lose a team.

If JJ usually is running late, which means there is more to the story, then yeah, even if its by a minute, its justified.

But for the whole "big deal, be on time" crowd - Tom Coughlin lost the locker room over stuff EXACTLY like this.

Most coaches would call the player out in the middle of the room for being late, give them the business for 10 seconds, then have them sit down. Fines wouldn't come unless its a repeat problem. So the real question is if JJ is someone always "a little late" or if this just was one time where he was off by one minute, and got Tom Coughlined...

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
One minute dude. He was late by 1 minute.
What’s the difference? Late is late. I’ve sent men home for being late without a phone call. I didn’t put up with people being late.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Here's my deal.

Is JJ usually on time, and once was late by 1 minute? Then this is a great way to lose a team.

If JJ usually is running late, which means there is more to the story, then yeah, even if its by a minute, its justified.

But for the whole "big deal, be on time" crowd - Tom Coughlin lost the locker room over stuff EXACTLY like this.

Most coaches would call the player out in the middle of the room for being late, give them the business for 10 seconds, then have them sit down. Fines wouldn't come unless its a repeat problem. So the real question is if JJ is someone always "a little late" or if this just was one time where he was off by one minute, and got Tom Coughlined...
He also won multiple Super Bowls.