Matt Nagy Question

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I complained about "Nagy Ball" for a long time.
Back to 2019 at least

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
never heard of the guy until the Bears hired him.......can't wait to forget about him

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He was able to pull a lot of his weird shit off his first season. I thought it was pretty cool. Never felt out of a game that season, even when they were down late

But when the league caught back up to him, he didn't have anything else. Play sequencing has looked basically random ever since
I remember a time during the Lovie years, not sure which of his 63 offensive coordinators it was, there was a game in GB where they ran a play up the middle that also had a fake reverse. They ran it like 9 times, and they ended up passing out of it twice. Eventually, they actually faked the blast and gave it to the WR on a reverse.

I'm pretty sure it ended in a fumble, but, but, they kept going to that play with the threat of three of options on it. Nagy would never do something like that.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
We all got hoodwinked in either mid/late 2018 or 2019, imo. We Bears fans are a loyal, forgiving bunch. But we all should have all known the moment we saw him in a visor.

SD Bears

Liked Posts:
Cautiously optimistic.

Other than Vrabel and Reich, 2018 was a shit year for head coach candidates.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
If anyone says they weren't high on Nagy after 2018, they are lying. 2019 the doubt started to creep in and then the wheels completely fell off in 2020 during that 6 game skid.
I mentioned several times Nagy was never a HC at any level and that was a huge issue for me. Said this about the hire after it happened. I was never a fan of coaching trees and knew it was nepotistic bullshit. Coaching trees are for dipshits at ESPN. I laid off Nagy a bit in 2018, but I always said we ran up scores on weak ass AFC East teams and TB...and we fucking choked against any REAL competition with points in the teens.

I effing wish my posting history went back that far, but for some reason a lot of it disappeared after CCS migrated to this new platform.

Trayhezy

Liked Posts:
Believed he was a fraud Sept 29 2019, but hoped I was wrong...

Knew he was a sack of sh!+ on Oct 20, 2019...that infamous day of the 54 passes and 7 runs

If he thought Trubisky was bad, he was a moron to drop him back 54 times....
He got rid of Howard because he did not fit his scheme, but could not use Montgomery whom they drafted.

The guys is a chaotic thinker. His mind is always scrambled. That is why his playsheet looks like a Waffle House Menu and his office looks like something from the X-files.

He thinks he is some genius but he is a moron.

Feeva

Liked Posts:
I was on board in 2018. I was really hype for the 2019 opener! Thought we were Super Bowl bound. I started losing hope after that but figured it was just Trubisky. After Foles came in last year and looked worst than Trubisky, I started thinking Nagy was a fraud. I live in the Philly area and never seen Foles look that terrible on a consistent basis. I started thinking back and Chase Daniels didn’t look too good either. Also the running plays they were running looked crazy and we could never get it going until Lazor took over pkaycalling. I wanted him gone this past off season but nope, got stuck with him for atleast another season.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
That first year, I thought he was good and boy, was I wrong.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I mentioned several times Nagy was never a HC at any level and that was a huge issue for me. Said this about the hire after it happened. I was never a fan of coaching trees and knew it was nepotistic bullshit. Coaching trees are for dipshits at ESPN. I laid off Nagy a bit in 2018, but I always said we ran up scores on weak ass AFC East teams and TB...and we fucking choked against any REAL competition with points in the teens.

I effing wish my posting history went back that far, but for some reason a lot of it disappeared after CCS migrated to this new platform.
Ehh…you can still search for it and is still available. How do you think someone just bumped a 2015 Kevin White thread?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I too was excited, and hell I was not only hoodwinked, but I actually bought into the concept that it just might be the QBs fault (Trubisky).

I have to admit that until the beginning of the season, I was hoping that all the Trubisky inaccuracies were the real problem. Come to find out that had nothing to do with:

Poor game planning
Poor situational awareness
Poor personnel decisions - both with plays and who is actually starting
Formation Decisions
Time management

This list can go on, but the reason I should have realized earlier is that we come out of training camp and look flat and unprepared, we come out of the bye week the same, and we hear rumors that the team will work on something all week and never implement it in the game even though the situation says we should?

His entire game plan is focus on misdirection, which can be a good thing, assuming that misdirection is taking advantage of an offenses strength or a defense weakness.

Nagy is in over his head and if he was "only" an OC, he would have been fired 2 years ago.....But because he is the HC, and can wordsmith his way through a press conference the FO has kept him on, TOO LONG.

We are going to look back on this period and wonder why the hell it went on so long...an offensive minded coach that not only had that side of the ball operating at the bottom of the League, but actually never developed any offensive players. Most of his success has come from talent player, not form him putting them in the best situations.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The hilarious thing is that this team could feasibly still make the playoffs. The NFC is strong on top but it falls off fast. The last two playoff spots are completely in play, after the three clear division winners (DAL, GB, and TB) and the two te4ams from the West (AZ and LAR). After that you now have the Saints, who are decent, and then mostly shit: MIN, ATL, Bears, and floundering CAR, SEA, and SF. Right now I would pick MIN out of that group but lots of season left to go.

What a clusterfuck if the Bears somehow crawl into that seven spot again.

Last edited:

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
we get it you don't believe in curses, black cats or the billy goat. All good bruh
yeah, like most normal people

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I was more duped by Andy Reid. Reid sold us a load of crap with his glowing endorsements of Nagy. hearing Reid, maid me believe in Nagy.