Matt Slauson

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Matt Slauson - G - Bears
ESPN Bears reporter Jeff Dickerson believes Chicago could look to trade or release LG Matt Slauson.
Slauson was Pro Football Focus' No. 18 overall guard out of 82 qualifiers last season, receiving strong marks for both his pass and run blocking. But he just turned 30 and set to count $3.405 million against the cap. That's not a hefty number by any means, but the Bears recently signed OG Ted Larsen and gave him a $350K signing bonus. It's possible Larsen will compete at center, but Dickerson expects Slauson to at least have to compete to keep his job.

IMO this would be a stupid move.....He has been there best blocker the last 2 years. Larsen stinks!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Matt Slauson - G - Bears
ESPN Bears reporter Jeff Dickerson believes Chicago could look to trade or release LG Matt Slauson.
Slauson was Pro Football Focus' No. 18 overall guard out of 82 qualifiers last season, receiving strong marks for both his pass and run blocking. But he just turned 30 and set to count $3.405 million against the cap. That's not a hefty number by any means, but the Bears recently signed OG Ted Larsen and gave him a $350K signing bonus. It's possible Larsen will compete at center, but Dickerson expects Slauson to at least have to compete to keep his job.

IMO this would be a stupid move.....He has been there best blocker the last 2 years. Larsen stinks!
Where ever this came from, it is just a guy reporting another reporters opinion. Like Chinese telephone, wait a week and three more reporters and Slauson will be cut because he was a locker room cancer.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
That report is hilarious. ", but the Bears recently signed OG Ted Larsen and gave him a $350K signing bonus"

More sloth-ass Chicago sports reporting. Reminds me of Zach Zaidman once reporting that Jermon Bushrod was 'seen in a walking boot', but Zaidman had no information as to whether or not Bushrod was injured. Good stuff. If this were New York, reporters would be digging up so much dirt on Slauson they'd eventually find out what the real reason is behind this. Its not Ted Larsen's $350K signing bonus. Gimme a break.

If I was a Chicago sports reporter I would probably be lazy, too, because I would know 95% of fans don't really expect or desire any better.

There seems to be something going on at Halas Hall today but I can't be bothered to find out what. Uh.... 85 BEARS! DITKA!

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So, we get rid of the BEST olinemen to save 3.4 mil in cap??

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If I was a Chicago sports reporter I would probably be lazy, too, because I would know 95% of fans don't really expect or desire any better.

There seems to be something going on at Halas Hall today but I can't be bothered to find out what. Uh.... 85 BEARS! DITKA!

I've never really understood this need for some Bears fans to constantly trash other Bears fans.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
What we trying to get another 6th rounder? Bad idea

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Speculation is fun when you can't do your job. Sounds like a first rate blogger but he's a credible professionally trained journalist.

talkingdinosaurs

Liked Posts:
Larsen has a lot of starts under his belt, but if you do some digging, you'll see that he just isn't that good. He's "startable" in this sense that teams have started him, but not in the sense that he should be your first choice to start at any position. Matt Slauson is a solid, reliable starter at guard (when healthy), not just startable. Larsen's not taking and keeping anyone's job unless people start getting injured.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My bullshit detector is acting up.

bullshit-detector.jpg

There is just no reason for this. Saving 2.57 mil when they already have 22+ free, while also getting worse at a position (two if you count Slauson as the primary C backup as well) is fucking moronic.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
In all honesty, I thought that was about 90% of the content on CCS. And I am admittedly a terrible offender of this. I think part of the reason is that most Bears fans are delusional due to the fact that the team has been irrelevant since the late-80's.

They were not irrelevant during the Lovie/Urlacher years. They didn't win a Super Bowl but they were certainly not irrelevant. The Browns and Lions were irrelevant.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Matt Slauson - G - Bears

I just read this and don't understand why they would release him when he's a really good guard on a good contract. Pace obviously has something planned for a trade or something cause he's sitting on $24 million in cap space and we still have plenty of needs so something is up.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
They were not irrelevant during the Lovie/Urlacher years. They didn't win a Super Bowl but they were certainly not irrelevant. The Browns and Lions were irrelevant.

Plus "irrelevant" is not the right word. If you are a fan, the team is never irrelevant TO YOU by definition.

People confuse the terms competitive and irrelevant.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I just read this and don't understand why they would release him when he's a really good guard on a good contract. Pace obviously has something planned for a trade or something cause he's sitting on $24 million in cap space and we still have plenty of needs so something is up.

Read this article about cap space. It's from Aaron Leming so depending on your opinion of him you may not trust it. But I thought it was good.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/bears/story/1660164-bears-true-cap-space-dwindling