Matt "Testicle Head" Nagy ruins my Friday morning

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't blame Nagy for being hired. I blame CHI brass for being stupid and not asking the right questions.

I DO blame Nagy for either surrounding himself with Yes men, or for ignoring input that he needed to hear. He stubbornly stuck to what wasn't working and would never work. I also blame him for stubbornly assuming he knew what was best and not recognizing his very limited experience. His arrogance & ignorance were blatant in his complete inability and refusal to adjust. He went so far as to stand up players like Mitch and ARob and not even have post-season meetings with your most important offensive players.

I wish him well as a QB coach. That's probably where he should be working and could very well be great at that. Head coach is a totally different role as he now admits. He was way above his abilities. Promoted to the level of incompetence. Happens in every career field sadly.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I said the same thing with Adam Gase.
Gase, McDaniels, and Nagy all have something in common. they're all offensive jackoffs. with varying degrees of skill, however. fuck every single one of them.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
Nagy needed to grow as a man. And I believe he has and will be coaching the Bears again in 2023

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
A real head coach would have had a chance in 2018. The night they manhandled the Rams, they looked like a potential SB team. However, the offense did struggle mightily in that game too which was the ultimate signature of the Nagy era.

How lucky was Ballard and the Colts to have Pace “win” the battle for Nagy?

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m sure the inflexible guy who spent 4 years here not adjusting to reality, skipping meetings with key players, and serving up the same empty platitudes will grow and mature.

Hiding under Andy Reid is going to do zero to teach him offense. Scheme diversity is his biggest deficit and he still doesn’t see that because at the end of the day he’s an idiot.

Ernie54

Liked Posts:
I don't blame Nagy for being hired. I blame CHI brass for being stupid and not asking the right questions.

I DO blame Nagy for either surrounding himself with Yes men, or for ignoring input that he needed to hear. He stubbornly stuck to what wasn't working and would never work. I also blame him for stubbornly assuming he knew what was best and not recognizing his very limited experience. His arrogance & ignorance were blatant in his complete inability and refusal to adjust. He went so far as to stand up players like Mitch and ARob and not even have post-season meetings with your most important offensive players.

I wish him well as a QB coach. That's probably where he should be working and could very well be great at that. Head coach is a totally different role as he now admits. He was way above his abilities. Promoted to the level of incompetence. Happens in every career field sadly.
I get really upset with the Chicago brass for stubbornly sticking with a head coach who was way in over his head. It is stupid to refuse to fire someone midseason because you have never done it before.

Canth

Liked Posts:
It's easy in hindsight to say it was a bad hire. At the time, a lot people, myself included, were happy with the hire. You had Reid saying things like Nagy was the best head coaching candidate he had worked with, etc. Hell, you had Fangio even saying things like he was picking up ideas from Nagy.

There was reason for a lot of hope and optimism early on.

However, I think the missed kick in the playoffs broke Nagy a bit. He got so fixated on that being the only issue that he overlooked the rest of the team and what was going on with his qb. And he was bound and determined by that point that they were going to run his offense that he didn't put his players in position to succeed - and it only got worse with time.

Then you add in the lack of accountability for his players, the players lack of understanding or lack of details of his offense and it was just bad.

Honestly, I think it's good that Nagy is back to being a qb coach - he needs that reset. However, what's bad is that he is back with Reid. I get that Reid was likely the only one willing to hire him, but imo, Nagy needs experience outside of the Reid system and style of coaching. He needs more perspective of how others do things and get some different ideas.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy was in over his head. Glad he’s not involved with the Bears.

Not only over his head, but completely oblivious to his own inadequacies.
Nagy wall playsheets.png
The idiot covered his basement draft room walls with old play sheets from countless shitty games of little to no scoring, as if it was something to be proud of!!?!! Moron.

Good point above about not recognizing his one-track experience and going right back to that one track under Andy Reid's wing. ?

Last edited:

mecha

Liked Posts:
Not only over his head, but completely oblivious to his own inadequacies.
View attachment 20192
The idiot covered his basement draft room walls with old play sheets from countless shitty games of little to no scoring, as if it was something to be proud of!!?!! Moron.

Good point above about not recognizing his one-track experience and going right back to that one truck under Andy Reid's wing. ?
this is inherently... psychotic.