Max Kellerman today: Ryan Pace racist

TL1961

Liked Posts:
First take had a doozy of a hot take this morning.

He called out the racism involved in Trubisky being selected over two black QB's and a selection process that always pushes the white QB to the top and the black QB's down.

Vick/Newton/Russell....

At least 3 #1 overall black QB's in 20 years guarantees they are a well represented population in the process, and I feel like I am forgetting someone or two?

We need to stop having these divisive conversations. Its ridiculous when inspected. This is just one example but if you went to Pace about it would he admit to his white privilege skewing his vision?
JaMarcus Russell
Jameis Winston

Two #1's as bad as any other QB picks you can name.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

He called out the racism involved in Trubisky being selected over two black QB's and a selection process that always pushes the white QB to the top and the black QB's down.

Vick/Newton/Russell....

At least 3 #1 overall black QB's in 20 years guarantees they are a well represented population in the process, and I feel like I am forgetting someone or two?

We need to stop having these divisive conversations. Its ridiculous when inspected. This is just one example but if you went to Pace about it would he admit to his white privilege skewing his vision?
Sounds like Max is stealing my material:

https://www.chicitysports.com/forum/index.php?threads/is-ryan-pace-a-racist.73450/

JoshMcCownFTW

Liked Posts:
Why is everything racist these days? Was it racist when the entire league passed on Russell Wilson? Or does Wilson not count because he "acts white"? I can't keep up with the ridiculous SJW rhetoric these days. It wasn't racism that caused us to pass on them, it was incompetence.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Why is everything racist these days? Was it racist when the entire league passed on Russell Wilson? Or does Wilson not count because he "acts white"? I can't keep up with the ridiculous SJW rhetoric these days. It wasn't racism that caused us to pass on them, it was incompetence.
You're a boomer, right??

mbison

Liked Posts:
Look up the proof yourself you lazy fuck. Then show me proof he did.

Tell me how Fox knew about it way before.
Tell me how Mitch wasn't surprised at all to be the 2nd pick of his draft.
Tell me how many times they met with Mitch and for how long.... etc..etc..etc...
I don’t need to prove anything because I’m not accusing anyone of being racist. You are. I’m asking what your proof is. Based on your answer it doesn’t sound like you have any and you don’t sound very intelligent either. Your answer is just plain stupid

BTW
1. John Fox had no idea about the Mitch pick.

2. Bears met with Watson too.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'm surprised they let "this type of thread" go 5pages.

Anyway....... lets take a look back.

Draft Analysis:

"I root for this kid. He's best when the lights are brightest. That's the biggest compliment you can give a quarterback. Watch both Alabama tapes and tell me this kid can't play friggin' ball." -- Mike Mayock

QB Deshaun Watson

Overview

The two-time Heisman Trophy finalist took the Clemson program to another level, resulting in the school's first national championship in more than 30 years. Starting five games as a true freshman and winning four (14 touchdowns against just two interceptions), the 2013 Georgia Gatorade Player of the Year immediately showed he belonged, even though he had to have surgery on a torn ACL after the season. In his sophomore season, Watson led his team to the National Championship (4,104 passing yards, 35 passing touchdowns; 1,105 rushing yards, including 12 scores) and won the Davey O'Brien and Payton Manning Awards as the nation's top quarterback. Watson didn't take home as much hardware in 2016, but he still led Clemson to a national title while garnering second-team All-American honors (4,593 yards, 41 TDs, 17 INTs, 67.0 completion pct; 629 yards, nine TDs rushing).
Analysis
Strengths
Tremendous leader and winner. Good pocket posture with quiet upper body. Good pocket mobility and doesn't show much panic when pocket gets noisy. Sacked just 32 times over his last 1,181 drop-backs. Willing to stand in and deliver the ball against rib-wreckers on a clear path for him. Has history of clutch play in big games and big moments. Averaged 472 yards of total offense with eight total touchdowns and one interception in his two championship appearances against Alabama. Throws with anticipation and touch. Fires hips through throws for improved drive velocity into tight windows. Arm strength currently limited by mechanical issues that are correctable. Big, strong hands to pump fake and manipulate. Keeps ball tucked near his chest when scanning. Has compact, over-the-top release that uncorks a tight, pretty spiral. Throws with adequate accuracy on the move. Has traits to operate out of boot-action attack. Tremendous athlete who has ability to pick up chunks of yardage on ground. Has called running plays could ignite a stagnant offense. Has instant juice out of pocket to make defense pay if rush lanes are vacated. Does a good job of sliding or eluding square collisions in space as a runner. Dual-threat weapon near end zone who will create additional preparation time for coaching staffs looking to limit his effectiveness in the red area. Every meaningful passing stat improved in close-and-late situations in 2016. Weaknesses
Frame is a little more slender than teams typically like. Accuracy runs hot and cold. Tends to over-stride on drive throws, causing release point to drop and balls to sail. Ball placement on crossing routes and slants needs to improve. Will leave throws behind intended targets. Deep-ball accuracy has been scatter-shot over his last two seasons at Clemson, with throws sailing well beyond his target. Design of offense limited his need to make full-field reads. Has to become adept at working through progressions and playing chess against safeties. Needs to let routes develop rather than rushing anticipatory throws. Too many interceptions due to lack of vision, placement or decision-making. Threw interception vs. Troy against bracketed coverage he didn't see. Baited into bad-decision interceptions twice by Florida State cornerbacks. Has issues improvising away from initial, pre-snap plan even when pathway to target becomes muddy. Shotgun quarterback who, like Jared Goff, could take time getting used to huddling, pace of play-calling and drop-backs from under center.

===========

Draft Analysis:

"I'm going to be the first one to put my hand up and say I obviously did not see that coming. I really thought that Chicago was excited about Mike Glennon. So they paid him pretty well and then to move up and give up that draft capital for Trubisky, for me, is a big risk." -- Mike Mayock

QB Mitchell Trubisky

Overview

Despite being ranked as the top dual-threat quarterback in the country by one recruiting service, Trubisky had to bide his time before getting on the field for the Tar Heels. Marquise Williams took the helm for four years in Chapel Hill, relegating the Mr. Ohio Football to a reserve role (82 of 125 for 1,014 yards, 11 touchdowns, five interceptions in 2014-2015). Trubisky had a breakout 2016 season, but only received third-team All-ACC honors because of the presence of the top two Heisman Trophy vote-getters (Louisville's Lamar Jackson and Clemson's Deshaun Watson). He ranked fifth in the country with a 68.0 completion percentage, threw 30 touchdowns against just six picks, and averaged 288 passing yards per contest. The dual-threat part of his game also came out in 2016, as he ran for 308 yards (net of lost sack yardage) and five scores.
Analysis
Strengths
Adequate height with good muscular definition. Built to withstand physical challenges of the position. Calm field general. Very good pocket mobility. Can slide around circumference of the pocket without having to drop his eyes from their task. When he leaves the pocket, looks to challenge with his arm before defaulting to his feet. Always in ready-to-rip throwing posture. Delivery is crisp and efficient. Locates safeties and reads their intentions immediately after the snap. Quick through his progressions and will double back to targets if his protection allows him time. Pocket mechanics and throwing motion are solid. Tough and competitive. Shows courage and poise in the pocket. Throws passes from balanced platforms and rarely defaults to an off-balance throw unnecessarily. Has all the arm you need. NFL call sheets will be wide open with Trubisky at the helm. Can dial up deep field-side outs with accuracy. Ball comes humming out of his hand when he needs to spike his velocity. Arm talent to whip a catchable throw from difficult angles to targets outside the numbers. Makes the standard "pitch and catch" throws with consistent accuracy. Ball usually comes out on time. His 62.1 completion percentage on intermediate throws easily outpaces the top quarterbacks in this draft. Possesses get-away quickness to avoid sudden pressure from a-gap blitzers with the speed to damage the defensive cause once he leaves the pocket.
Weaknesses
Almost 98 percent of his dropbacks came from shotgun. Will have to learn NFL footwork from under center which could take time. Benefits from offense loaded with RPOs (run-pass option) that pull linebackers forward and open easier throwing windows. Played in space-based passing attack that didn't often ask him to throw to tight windows in traffic. Arm slot will drop way down causing batted balls at line of scrimmage. Too willing to float balls rather than air-mailing them out of bounds when he's making a bail-out throw against pressure. Needs better drive accuracy between the hashes. Has a tendency to leave throws in hip pocket of moving targets. Inconsistent deep ball touch. Has touchdown opportunities he babies and invites defenders time to recover. Not always pocket aware. Hyper-focuses on shifting parts down the field and can be late to feel pressure collapsing the edges. Draft Projection

Round 1 Sources Tell Us
"There are times he looks like another Carson Wentz and then there are times he looks like Blaine Gabbert. He has starting qualities and he'll go early, but he better get better at seeing blitzes and throwing hot or he'll get eaten alive by the exotic packages they are throwing at quarterbacks these days." -- Area scout for AFC team NFL Comparison
Matthew Stafford Bottom Line
Trubisky is a high-end quarterback prospect who possesses NFL size, a big arm and the ability to throw with accuracy from the pocket or on the move. Despite playing in a spread-based offense, he's a full-field reader who does a very good job of getting an early read on the safeties before crafting his course of action. Trubisky will have to become much more pocket aware and do a better job of recognizing and attacking blitzes to back NFL defensive coordinators off. He hasn't put all the pieces together yet, but the puzzle is all right in front. Trubisky projects as a good starting quarterback with a high floor and the potential to be great.
-Lance Zierlein

----------------------------------------------------------

Ask 5: Who'll be first QB selected in 2017 NFL Draft? - NFL.com

Executive 1: Clemson's Deshaun Watson
"Watson should be the first QB to go next week. He's the most accomplished guy in the group and he's made of the right stuff."

Executive 2: Texas Tech's Patrick Mahomes
"Good question. I think the answer could shock some people. (Mitchell) Trubisky is the popular choice but I really think it could be Mahomes. I know a couple teams that love him."

-------------------------------

Do we have link for this?????

Last edited:

mbison

Liked Posts:
I'm surprised they let "this type of thread" go 5pages.

Anyway....... lets take a look back.

Draft Analysis:

"I root for this kid. He's best when the lights are brightest. That's the biggest compliment you can give a quarterback. Watch both Alabama tapes and tell me this kid can't play friggin' ball." -- Mike Mayock

QB Deshaun Watson

Overview

The two-time Heisman Trophy finalist took the Clemson program to another level, resulting in the school's first national championship in more than 30 years. Starting five games as a true freshman and winning four (14 touchdowns against just two interceptions), the 2013 Georgia Gatorade Player of the Year immediately showed he belonged, even though he had to have surgery on a torn ACL after the season. In his sophomore season, Watson led his team to the National Championship (4,104 passing yards, 35 passing touchdowns; 1,105 rushing yards, including 12 scores) and won the Davey O'Brien and Payton Manning Awards as the nation's top quarterback. Watson didn't take home as much hardware in 2016, but he still led Clemson to a national title while garnering second-team All-American honors (4,593 yards, 41 TDs, 17 INTs, 67.0 completion pct; 629 yards, nine TDs rushing).
Analysis
Strengths
Tremendous leader and winner. Good pocket posture with quiet upper body. Good pocket mobility and doesn't show much panic when pocket gets noisy. Sacked just 32 times over his last 1,181 drop-backs. Willing to stand in and deliver the ball against rib-wreckers on a clear path for him. Has history of clutch play in big games and big moments. Averaged 472 yards of total offense with eight total touchdowns and one interception in his two championship appearances against Alabama. Throws with anticipation and touch. Fires hips through throws for improved drive velocity into tight windows. Arm strength currently limited by mechanical issues that are correctable. Big, strong hands to pump fake and manipulate. Keeps ball tucked near his chest when scanning. Has compact, over-the-top release that uncorks a tight, pretty spiral. Throws with adequate accuracy on the move. Has traits to operate out of boot-action attack. Tremendous athlete who has ability to pick up chunks of yardage on ground. Has called running plays could ignite a stagnant offense. Has instant juice out of pocket to make defense pay if rush lanes are vacated. Does a good job of sliding or eluding square collisions in space as a runner. Dual-threat weapon near end zone who will create additional preparation time for coaching staffs looking to limit his effectiveness in the red area. Every meaningful passing stat improved in close-and-late situations in 2016. Weaknesses
Frame is a little more slender than teams typically like. Accuracy runs hot and cold. Tends to over-stride on drive throws, causing release point to drop and balls to sail. Ball placement on crossing routes and slants needs to improve. Will leave throws behind intended targets. Deep-ball accuracy has been scatter-shot over his last two seasons at Clemson, with throws sailing well beyond his target. Design of offense limited his need to make full-field reads. Has to become adept at working through progressions and playing chess against safeties. Needs to let routes develop rather than rushing anticipatory throws. Too many interceptions due to lack of vision, placement or decision-making. Threw interception vs. Troy against bracketed coverage he didn't see. Baited into bad-decision interceptions twice by Florida State cornerbacks. Has issues improvising away from initial, pre-snap plan even when pathway to target becomes muddy. Shotgun quarterback who, like Jared Goff, could take time getting used to huddling, pace of play-calling and drop-backs from under center.

===========

Draft Analysis:

"I'm going to be the first one to put my hand up and say I obviously did not see that coming. I really thought that Chicago was excited about Mike Glennon. So they paid him pretty well and then to move up and give up that draft capital for Trubisky, for me, is a big risk." -- Mike Mayock

QB Mitchell Trubisky

Overview

Despite being ranked as the top dual-threat quarterback in the country by one recruiting service, Trubisky had to bide his time before getting on the field for the Tar Heels. Marquise Williams took the helm for four years in Chapel Hill, relegating the Mr. Ohio Football to a reserve role (82 of 125 for 1,014 yards, 11 touchdowns, five interceptions in 2014-2015). Trubisky had a breakout 2016 season, but only received third-team All-ACC honors because of the presence of the top two Heisman Trophy vote-getters (Louisville's Lamar Jackson and Clemson's Deshaun Watson). He ranked fifth in the country with a 68.0 completion percentage, threw 30 touchdowns against just six picks, and averaged 288 passing yards per contest. The dual-threat part of his game also came out in 2016, as he ran for 308 yards (net of lost sack yardage) and five scores.
Analysis
Strengths
Adequate height with good muscular definition. Built to withstand physical challenges of the position. Calm field general. Very good pocket mobility. Can slide around circumference of the pocket without having to drop his eyes from their task. When he leaves the pocket, looks to challenge with his arm before defaulting to his feet. Always in ready-to-rip throwing posture. Delivery is crisp and efficient. Locates safeties and reads their intentions immediately after the snap. Quick through his progressions and will double back to targets if his protection allows him time. Pocket mechanics and throwing motion are solid. Tough and competitive. Shows courage and poise in the pocket. Throws passes from balanced platforms and rarely defaults to an off-balance throw unnecessarily. Has all the arm you need. NFL call sheets will be wide open with Trubisky at the helm. Can dial up deep field-side outs with accuracy. Ball comes humming out of his hand when he needs to spike his velocity. Arm talent to whip a catchable throw from difficult angles to targets outside the numbers. Makes the standard "pitch and catch" throws with consistent accuracy. Ball usually comes out on time. His 62.1 completion percentage on intermediate throws easily outpaces the top quarterbacks in this draft. Possesses get-away quickness to avoid sudden pressure from a-gap blitzers with the speed to damage the defensive cause once he leaves the pocket.
Weaknesses
Almost 98 percent of his dropbacks came from shotgun. Will have to learn NFL footwork from under center which could take time. Benefits from offense loaded with RPOs (run-pass option) that pull linebackers forward and open easier throwing windows. Played in space-based passing attack that didn't often ask him to throw to tight windows in traffic. Arm slot will drop way down causing batted balls at line of scrimmage. Too willing to float balls rather than air-mailing them out of bounds when he's making a bail-out throw against pressure. Needs better drive accuracy between the hashes. Has a tendency to leave throws in hip pocket of moving targets. Inconsistent deep ball touch. Has touchdown opportunities he babies and invites defenders time to recover. Not always pocket aware. Hyper-focuses on shifting parts down the field and can be late to feel pressure collapsing the edges. Draft Projection

Round 1 Sources Tell Us
"There are times he looks like another Carson Wentz and then there are times he looks like Blaine Gabbert. He has starting qualities and he'll go early, but he better get better at seeing blitzes and throwing hot or he'll get eaten alive by the exotic packages they are throwing at quarterbacks these days." -- Area scout for AFC team NFL Comparison
Matthew Stafford Bottom Line
Trubisky is a high-end quarterback prospect who possesses NFL size, a big arm and the ability to throw with accuracy from the pocket or on the move. Despite playing in a spread-based offense, he's a full-field reader who does a very good job of getting an early read on the safeties before crafting his course of action. Trubisky will have to become much more pocket aware and do a better job of recognizing and attacking blitzes to back NFL defensive coordinators off. He hasn't put all the pieces together yet, but the puzzle is all right in front. Trubisky projects as a good starting quarterback with a high floor and the potential to be great.
-Lance Zierlein

----------------------------------------------------------

Ask 5: Who'll be first QB selected in 2017 NFL Draft? - NFL.com

Executive 1: Clemson's Deshaun Watson
"Watson should be the first QB to go next week. He's the most accomplished guy in the group and he's made of the right stuff."

Executive 2: Texas Tech's Patrick Mahomes
"Good question. I think the answer could shock some people. (Mitchell) Trubisky is the popular choice but I really think it could be Mahomes. I know a couple teams that love him."

-------------------------------

Do we have link for this?????

If you type in google 2017 NFL Mock draft you will find 7/10 sources having Mitch has the 1st QB being selected. This includes CBS Sports, Bleacher Report, Walter Payton Football, and NFL.com

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If you type in google 2017 NFL Mock draft you will find 7/10 sources having Mitch has the 1st QB being selected. This includes CBS Sports, Bleacher Report, Walter Payton Football, and NFL.com

If ya lay out the 2017 "college proverbial resumes" of Trubz, Watson and Mahomes.....what do you see, that stands out about Trubz that makes u take him over the other 2 ??

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Vick/Newton/Russell....

Do we have link or a youtube video for this?????

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm so sick of hearing this bullshit about Nagy being a good head coach but a bad OC. Wake the fuck up.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He didn't call out Ryan Pace, but he called out the selection as racism and biased.

I connected the dot, that if the selection involved racism, Max was accusing Ryan Pace of racism.

s0Lstar18

Liked Posts:
I dont believe they are racist at all...but race definitely plays a factor. It's a business and a charming, good looking white guy, is easier to sell. I hate to say it but Mitch would benefit from a different OC, so would our Oline. Let's not toss him yet...at worst a good back up

I’m glad someone will admit this, and he had the last name to boot, that really made them fall in love and they thought the combo of those things along with his meek personality (which was radically different that Cutler’s) it was an easy pick. They thought they had a game manager with legs that they could develop into a franchise QB that would at least be Alex Smith with the help of a offensive guru as his coach.

I understand being apprehensive on Mahomes because of Texas Tech. But after what Watson did TWICE to Alabama it should’ve been a no brainer. They can still rectify this by getting Foles or Carr and drafting a prospect to develop. They have to be willing that they whiffed on Mitch Tebow.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He didn't call out Ryan Pace, but he called out the selection as racism and biased.

I connected the dot, that if the selection involved racism, Max was accusing Ryan Pace of racism.

Ok.....but where can I find it. When I look for it all roads led back to this thread. I watch "first take" so I just want to hear first hand what Max said

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

.........but he called out the selection as racism and biased.

This is a pretty serious "call out".......I really want to know where to go to get the full story. Thanks

mbison

Liked Posts:
If ya lay out the 2017 "college proverbial resumes" of Trubz, Watson and Mahomes.....what do you see, that stands out about Trubz that makes u take him over the other 2 ??

I’m not a scout and I haven’t watched everyone’s game tape like that. I don’t think scouts care much about players resumes as much as they care about how someone’s game will translate to the pros. Tim Tebow might be the most successful college players in history but he wasn’t a good NFL QB. Nationals Championships don’t mean much in the NFL.

Watson has a weak arm, weak body frame and injury history. I can understand why the Bears and scouts passed on him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats not fair.

Max Kellerman called the selection "racism." I was shocked by the way it was said, because he seems more careful than that. I couldn't take what he was saying as less than calling Ryan Pace racist. They were discussing Trubisky, is where you can find the clip. Like is this the end for Trubisky or something, and Max went into some rant on race playing a role in the QB selection process, but he took it too far, imo. I just wanted some others to find it.