Maybe Green Bays offense was only good because of Rogers

fridges fatboys

Liked Posts:
Has anyone here noticed that maybe Rogers made everyone of their coaches look good? Maybe they aren't great teachers. If anyone has watched a Broncos game this year including tonight, Russell Wilson is so bad that he is getting booed in Denver. Their coach is Nathanial Hackett who was the Packers OC and Denver is only scoring 15 pts a game through 5 game with Russell Wilson and there duo of Sutton / Jeudy. Look at the Packers this year they aren't scoring many points either they only have 75 pts through 4 games / 19 points per game. This of coarse brings me to Getsy. Not sure why they give Justin a QB coach who was working with a 15+ year QB. They should have looked to get someone with experience developing young QB's. Also maybe everyone is catching up with the Shanahan offense. Look at the Rams they are only scoring 17.5 pts / game.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Getsy is trying to keep Fields alive. The Bears can not pass block to save their lives. Watch the middle of the line, not the QB, you will get a good laugh at how bad they get blown up (besides Jenkins, you will see how superior he is). It’s every game too, doesn’t matter who’s out there.

As for your point yes having Rodgers makes you look great as a coach.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
No necessarily. I think that this offense takes 1-2 years to learn historically. Trading multiple draft picks and paying a quarter billion dollars for a QB who will be 34 next month might not be ideal for installing and implementing that offense. Ideally, you'd want a young quarterback that will be around for a while in this case. At this point, Russ will be 36 by the time he masters the offense.

It's not just the quarterback. The receivers, tight ends, and o line all need to gel within the offense, and get the timing down. The Shannahan / wide zone/ west coast offense (whatever you want to call it) is predicated on timing and rhythm even more so than most offenses, hence there will be struggles early. That is only enhanced by shoddy o line play and a lack of quality receivers imo.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think our problems mostly the receivers. I like Mooney but he’s a number three maybe a low end number two. The rest of the guys are non-starters. The next problem is the center, gosh that is a key position for a young QB. The middle of the line collapses regularly. Getsy is just fine. If it wasn’t for his playcalling Justin Fields would be ruined

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just think what it would be like if Nagy was still the OC... and yes I said OC for obvious reasons. And trust me, it's not the WR's. We've seen teams win with teams that don't have great talent at WR, but the scheme I think is a horrible fit for the Bears and part of me questions if they know what they are doing.

You normally if you have a coach or a gm with a lack of experience at the spot, surround them with guys that have done it for years some where. I don't know much about the DC, but you have a first year GM, first year HC and a first year OC.

When I judge the Oline, I do feel like a bit of it is a chemistry issue and that may be the reason Patrick isn't starting at cent, Fields didn't get snaps with him and he'd have to work with him on the fly which might make things worse for everyone. But why Patrick is starting at Gurad over Jenkins is everyone's guess at that craziness. Jenkins is a better everything to Him and both at Pass pro to me are not great. The scheme hasn't done the team any favors because there is a lack of short passing game that works to get guys open.

I didn't want to say anything, but, this reminds me of when John Fox was hired to be the HC of the team. People back then were pissed about the run run 3rd and 8 and now was pass team scheme we were running. Nagy was a breath of Fresh air in 2018, but even then we had a Legit number 1 in RObinson and a QB willing to throw to him and speed at the 2 and a legit slot in Miller who had potential. Hate on Nagy now, but the team looked like they had something to build to. Everyone back then just hating on Leno alone.

I hate to say this, but I think the staff built for this team, is built, to rebuild the defense.

They brought mostly guys who were a fit for the system and hoping a few roleplayers break out they are young. But if anyone is complaining that we lack talent... blame Pace for it now more than Poles. A team with Half a roster needing to be filled with less than half the payroll in a weak F/A class... the only move Poles could have done is the trade with Dallas Cleveland made. The price the Dolphins paid the Bears had no 1st round pick to offer.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
I think our problems mostly the receivers. I like Mooney but he’s a number three maybe a low end number two. The rest of the guys are non-starters. The next problem is the center, gosh that is a key position for a young QB. The middle of the line collapses regularly. Getsy is just fine. If it wasn’t for his playcalling Justin Fields would be ruined
we need a Amendola type guy taking hits over the middle for Fields to be healthy. I agree with your premise that they throw when they have to but they aren't trying to light up the scoreboard. They are trying to keep him upright, see if the line gels and if any stars emerge in the receiving corp.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
fk it. I’ll finally go on record. I’ve thought the only reason Lefluer’s offense succeeds in GB is because of Rodgers. I’ve thought this since he got there. Well actually I gave them like a year… but scoring woes and a lack of answers for certain defenses gave me a good feeling that it’s nothing special and fairly basic. Rodgers overcomes all of it the majority of the time because of his penchants for extending plays and drives with his punishing accuracy.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yeah hall of fame QB's tend to make teams better than they are. Look at the Patriots other than Brady and Gronk what else did they really have on offense, average WR and RB.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Maybe Russell Wilson isn't that good?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It’s almost like players are more important than coaches…..

Nah.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Getsy is trying to keep Fields alive. The Bears can not pass block to save their lives. Watch the middle of the line, not the QB, you will get a good laugh at how bad they get blown up (besides Jenkins, you will see how superior he is). It’s every game too, doesn’t matter who’s out there.

I’d suggest to the OC to try playing players that can block instead of trotting Borom & Mustipher back out there.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I’d suggest to the OC to try playing players that can block instead of trotting Borom & Mustipher back out there.

The Bears are deep in politics already in year one! Obviously not just putting egos and agendas aside and playing the best players who give them the highest chance to win. That would be too logical. What else is new, new boss same as the old boss.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Equifax is definitely a starter and a better route runner than Mooney. Not a #1 or even 2, possibly 2b.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Jury is still out on Getsy for sure and will be all this season. It is his first time as an OC and he has never installed a system so it is going to take some time to really evaluate him.

I am also not sure that Fields know what he is seeing and can change the plays like GB did.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah hall of fame QB's tend to make teams better than they are. Look at the Patriots other than Brady and Gronk what else did they really have on offense, average WR and RB.
Elite o lines and really good not great WRs that could run routes and catch in traffic.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Equifax is definitely a starter and a better route runner than Mooney. Not a #1 or even 2, possibly 2b.
Okay I will give you that; Mooney and Equifax are both #3s, but you got to agree that 2 #3s don’t equal a #2.

If you can get 3 #2s on the field at the same time then you don’t need a #1 , but 2 #3s and a #4, or #5 means your QB is likely to be struggling.

With #3s they need to be paired up with a true #1, like Devote Adams. Imagine how the offense would look like with Adams, Equifax, and Mooney. All three of those guys rotating outside and inside to the slot, depending on the matchup, and defensive look. Then this will start looking like a more competent offense like up north.

4THQUARTERCLUTCHLER

Liked Posts:

Says alot about our coaches and how they kept him splitting reps till an injury forced them to start him. Maybe they are the clueless or really do want to draft their own qb

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because the Shanahan offense only works for GB?

Not to take anything away from Rodgers who deserves his accolades but Jebus, fucking Goff and Garoppolo got to a SB in that system and Pad Statford won one.