Maybe this ‘reset’ is what the Bears need

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So pace has fucked this team into oblivion. Zero prospects for a good QB, just cut CB1, likely to cut the anchor to the D and the WR1 hates the bears stinking guts.

The Bears are on the path of a quick death at this point. And maybe...maybe that’s for the best?

We’re looking at 3-5 wins next season at best here. That’s gotta do Pace and Nagy in. So, let’s cross our fingers Pace doesn’t trade the next 3 years draft picks for the 4th best QB in the draft. Pace is a knucklehead and stupid enough to think that Dalton can save his job. So let’s hope for Pace to focus on drafting in the trenches and let the new GM sort out the QB position after an abysmal year.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Agree now that Kyle Fuller and Akiem Hicks are gone and they have no QB its time to rebuild.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So pace has fucked this team into oblivion. Zero prospects for a good QB, just cut CB1, likely to cut the anchor to the D and the WR1 hates the bears stinking guts.

The Bears are on the path of a quick death at this point. And maybe...maybe that’s for the best?

We’re looking at 3-5 wins next season at best here. That’s gotta do Pace and Nagy in. So, let’s cross our fingers Pace doesn’t trade the next 3 years draft picks for the 4th best QB in the draft. Pace is a knucklehead and stupid enough to think that Dalton can save his job. So let’s hope for Pace to focus on drafting in the trenches and let the new GM sort out the QB position after an abysmal year.

Respectfully disagree. This team has talent. They will have a minimum of 7 wins. I get the anger....But this core has been together with Nagy for 3 years. 12 wins was great. But 8 wins twice in a row and people are acting like shit doesnt need to change. Or this is a group of HoFs.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I am disappointed that they settled on Dalton, but they didn't get worse at QB.

I am pissed they cut Fuller, but is his absence going to cost them 3-5 wins?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Respectfully disagree. This team has talent. They will have a minimum of 7 wins. I get the anger....But this core has been together with Nagy for 3 years. 12 wins was great. But 8 wins twice in a row and people are acting like shit doesnt need to change. Or this is a group of HoFs.
So, you're saying they only won 8 so they should move on from Fuller?

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So, you're saying they only won 8 so they should move on from Fuller?

Nope. I thought the team as constructed was impossible to keep. I thought the team was a only a viable QB away. But those are pretty hard to come by. Im not happy Kyle was cut, but he was always a prime candidate to be gone because of his contract.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I thought all the Bears needed was Watson or Wilson and they'll win Super Bowls? you're telling me losing key other parts of the team is rendering them a 3-5 win team?

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Nothing feels good about this team moving forward. I’ve never felt so down about this team. The GM is certified incompetent and George McCaskey is as bad, if not worse. There always felt like there would be light at the end of the tunnel but this is different.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Nothing feels good about this team moving forward. I’ve never felt so down about this team. The GM is certified incompetent and George McCaskey is as bad, if not worse. There always felt like there would be light at the end of the tunnel but this is different.

oh there’s light, unfortunately it’s a train.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I’d be down with a hard reset, but if that’s the case, why sign Dalton or tag Robinson?

Keep Foles as your starter, build your team through the draft, then go at your QB in the draft next year when you have a much higher first round pick.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

better hope the bears only win 3

I know people shit on Nagy, but he pulls wins out of his ass sometimes

greg23

Liked Posts:
I'm just excited about the recent contracts handed out to

Danny T
Robert Q
E Jackson

Nothing says your offense sucks like a bunch of overpaid, underperforming, aging guys on defense whos contracts are an albatross.

And while we're at it....

Now that Wilson isn't coming, any reason why Graham is still around?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm just excited about the recent contracts handed out to

Danny T
Robert Q
E Jackson

Nothing says your offense sucks like a bunch of overpaid, underperforming, aging guys on defense whos contracts are an albatross.

And while we're at it....

Now that Wilson isn't coming, any reason why Graham is still around?

Agreed. Can't keep overpaying for underperformers like those guys. Have to hope Danny has enough left in the tank for 1-2 more & that a new DC who actually blitzes will help get them all back in sync.

Speaking of an albatros, Missing on the Nagy hire was as tragic as Mitch IMHO. He's a lame duck coach this year.
Expect a mid Rd. QB and no trade up in 1st. CCS will prolapse, but it's my "you called it".

and....
Nobody talking that Bears can still take another swing at Wilson/Watson this summer once those situations get worse and there's less suitors post draft. Then they've used 2021 draft to fill holes at least.

Keep Graham til then for Wilson recruiting? He put up decent enough #s last year...when Nagy actually used him correctly in the red zone that is ?‍♂️