McCaskey in discussing to sell the Bears

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Bezos is worse than the average CEO imo, most of the crap on Amazon is made in China and Amazon profited from the covid lockdowns that caused small businesses to close while Amazon profited off their closure.

I use Amazon like everyone else but yuck, they're a destructive company

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Bezos is worse than the average CEO imo, most of the crap on Amazon is made in China and Amazon profited from the covid lockdowns that caused small businesses to close while Amazon profited off their closure.

I use Amazon like everyone else but yuck, they're a destructive company
I know several people that work for Amazon that are very unhappy. They only continue to do so because it’s a secured job during Covid.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not happening. A stadium in the suburbs maybe but they're not taking an NFL team out of the 3rd biggest market in the country

Really the 2nd because LA isn't a sports town aside from the Lakers and Dodgers. Imo
I lived in LA, and yes, it's mainly the Lakers. The ppl that do watch football follow the Raiders or Cowboys.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Patrick Ryan

I don't want Bezos, but I have my concerns about Ryan as well.

On the surface I think I'd like it, but we just got Justin Fields, and the word is Ryan is really good friends with Pat Fitzgerald, and would want to install him as head coach of the Bears if he could.

If things with Nagy and Fields take off, I could see Ryan firing everyone anyway just to bring in his golfing buddy to coach the team. He has a reputation as a hot head.

Definitely don't want Bezos either.

That guy has a lot of "things" going on, and if I were to bet on one of the 3 having a major scandal in something, it would be Bezos. Just my impression.

I guess we will see.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Peyton Manning has been lingering around this franchise for a while. He has a owner’s group ready to snatch it up.
I'd be down for that. That and move the stadium to Arlington Heights. I wonder how much that potential is weighing into the decision to potentially sell?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I wonder what kind of discounts prime customers get if bezos buys the bears.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I don't want Bezos, but I have my concerns about Ryan as well.

On the surface I think I'd like it, but we just got Justin Fields, and the word is Ryan is really good friends with Pat Fitzgerald, and would want to install him as head coach of the Bears if he could.

If things with Nagy and Fields take off, I could see Ryan firing everyone anyway just to bring in his golfing buddy to coach the team. He has a reputation as a hot head.

Definitely don't want Bezos either.

That guy has a lot of "things" going on, and if I were to bet on one of the 3 having a major scandal in something, it would be Bezos. Just my impression.

I guess we will see.
The richer you are, the more you can get away with. So Bezos ... he could get away with everything ... twice.

Since Bezos has a lot of things going on, he would not be involved in the day to day activities. Seeing that he wants to make more money, he would hire the best of the best at every level to have a better chance at winning, and thus, making more money. Belichick head coach, Reid Offensive Coordinator, Shanny QB coach, Fangio defensive coordinator. Remember, everyone has their price.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
There's something like 130 McCaskey's that own shares in the Bears, and the franchise is currently valued at $3.5 billion. I think there comes a time when you realize that you have zero say in the direction of the franchise and you can cash out for $500k, and just say fuck Papa Bear.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
There's something like 130 McCaskey's that own shares in the Bears, and the franchise is currently valued at $3.5 billion. I think there comes a time when you realize that you have zero say in the direction of the franchise and you can cash out for $500k, and just say fuck Papa Bear.
So how would selling the team work? if virginia decides to sell, do they all need to sell their shares?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I remember hearing/reading somewhere way back that once Virginia dies, that's when the Bears can be sold. And maybe not even "can" but rather "will" be since the franchise will be left behind to the kids who likely won't agree with what to do with it. At that point, it might be better for the kids to just sell and split the billions of dollars they get from it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So how would selling the team work? if virginia decides to sell, do they all need to sell their shares?
I'm fairly positive that Virginia has to approve any sale of stock. From what I know from my guy who knows the McCaskey's, George never wanted to be in the position that he is in now, and he is the guy that would be leading any sale. So once she goes, it's not inconceivable that the family sells.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK I'll bite. How would you pick up a chick at whole foods?
The ole belt buckle trick it 60% of the time it works everytime

Just hang the cockles out the top of yer pants ask her for help with something in the store the lift your shirt up and whipe the sweat off you face
This works 2 fold she sees your penis is so large it can hang out of your pant over the top like a belt buckoe and 2 ya get ta flash your rock hard abs
It slays all innocent store employees

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've also found that if you go to the soap section at whole foods and mistake the soap samples for free food and eat one and start foaming at the mouth, one of the sales associates will come running to your aid because whole foods/bezos can't afford a lawsuit

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I've also found that if you go to the soap section at whole foods and mistake the soap samples for free food and eat one and start foaming at the mouth, one of the sales associates will come running to your aid because whole foods/bezos can't afford a lawsuit
Is the soap organic?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Always suspected this once Virginia passes. Removing the Ryan/Mckenna shares - the ownership is going to be split between something like 11 people. Only 2-3 will actually be involved in the front office beyond sales analyst/call STH type jobs. The Bears while valued high aren't enormous surplus cash generators - they aren't pumping out big checks to the owners on a yearly basis. So once Virginia is gone, you're going to have 5+ McCaskeys who have no alternative sources of wealth, and the choice of being owners of shares worth $100M+ but not a lot of liquid wealth.... or having the actual $100M+ in cash/securities.

For some of them that should be an easy choice: "Fuck you uncle george, im selling my shares to Ryan. I want 9 figure wealth NOW". Hell its what I would do; sell the shares, buy a house in Key Largo and a penthouse in one of the nice buildings downtown and go back and forth depending on the weather/time of year. Once it splits you have to imagine Ryan and his right of first refusal wouldn't need too many "defectors" before he has ownership plurality.

PeterG

Da Coach.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They wont sell. Rumor happens every year!