Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Why do people on here continue to use the bolded word? Thanks for showing us who you are as a person.

"as a person"?

LOL

giphy-downsized.gif

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Always suspected this once Virginia passes. Removing the Ryan/Mckenna shares - the ownership is going to be split between something like 11 people. Only 2-3 will actually be involved in the front office beyond sales analyst/call STH type jobs. The Bears while valued high aren't enormous surplus cash generators - they aren't pumping out big checks to the owners on a yearly basis. So once Virginia is gone, you're going to have 5+ McCaskeys who have no alternative sources of wealth, and the choice of being owners of shares worth $100M+ but not a lot of liquid wealth.... or having the actual $100M+ in cash/securities.

For some of them that should be an easy choice: "Fuck you uncle george, im selling my shares to Ryan. I want 9 figure wealth NOW". Hell its what I would do; sell the shares, buy a house in Key Largo and a penthouse in one of the nice buildings downtown and go back and forth depending on the weather/time of year. Once it splits you have to imagine Ryan and his right of first refusal wouldn't need too many "defectors" before he has ownership plurality.
If you are wealthy now would also be the time to sell. Biden wants to raise the capital gains tax. The top rate would go from 20% to 39%.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
If you are wealthy now would also be the time to sell. Biden wants to raise the capital gains tax. The top rate would go from 20% to 39%.
I don’t think the grandkids can actually make the decision to sell until Virginia dies.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The richer you are, the more you can get away with. So Bezos ... he could get away with everything ... twice.

Since Bezos has a lot of things going on, he would not be involved in the day to day activities. Seeing that he wants to make more money, he would hire the best of the best at every level to have a better chance at winning, and thus, making more money. Belichick head coach, Reid Offensive Coordinator, Shanny QB coach, Fangio defensive coordinator. Remember, everyone has their price.
What makes you think that way?

Bezos will want to maximize profits and there are some numbers where teams may get more recognition but playoffs may be more expensive for the ownership personally even though that's what they all strive for.

So in short, bezos likely would end up hiring a bureaucracy that runs the Bears exactly like....the Mccaskeys.

I want no part of him.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Not happening. A stadium in the suburbs maybe but they're not taking an NFL team out of the 3rd biggest market in the country

Really the 2nd because LA isn't a sports town aside from the Lakers and Dodgers. Imo
Agree. The NFL, though, would jump for joy at the Bears moving into a new stadium, even if it's out in the 'burbs. The NFL wants a dome or hybrid stadium in Chicago. It wants a Super Bowl in Chicago. There's money to be made here.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Let's get an actual Bears fan to buy the Bears....does Vince Vaughan have enough money?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Bezos will want to maximize profits and there are some numbers where teams may get more recognition but playoffs may be more expensive for the ownership personally even though that's what they all strive for.

So in short, bezos likely would end up hiring a bureaucracy that runs the Bears exactly like....the Mccaskeys.

I want no part of him.
Winner make more money. End of story.

If you want to talk about a one-time winning team, ok, maybe they might end up losing some money because they have to pay some playoff bonuses.

But name recognition makes you money worldwide. A winning team sells merchandise around the world. A winning team gets fans around the world.

Do you think that the lions have more fans outside of the US than the Patriots?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

If you want to talk about a one-time winning team, ok, maybe they might end up losing some money because they have to pay some playoff bonuses.

But name recognition makes you money worldwide. A winning team sells merchandise around the world. A winning team gets fans around the world.

"Winner make more money. End of story. " ?

My friend......if someone (Hal9000 )....... can't understand this simple fact. Then it's like trying to convince someone that cumulus clouds are fluffy white and a clear sky is blue.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

My friend......if someone (Hal9000 )....... can't understand this simple fact. Then it's like trying to convince someone that cumulus clouds are fluffy white and a clear sky is blue.
Rather it's you simpletons who think that just because a guy is rich, the team will be successful.

Tell that to Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones.

You want an owner who cares about making a winning product. You don't want an owner who only cares about selling things.

Jeff bezos would capitalize entirely on the branding while gutting it from the inside. And when he got bored of his toy, he would throw it away.

That's what you losers don't get. You're blinded by a well-known name with lots of money and somehow think that equals success.

Which really shows just how brainless and simple-minded you guys are.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure the Cubs made a shit ton of money while sucking for the majority of all our lives. There’s a lot of factors that go into making money. Winning is an ingredient but you can still make tons of money without it

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

So in short, bezos likely would end up hiring a bureaucracy that runs the Bears exactly like....the Mccaskeys

I'm just lining up the order of our discussion. Hal9000 thinks we're "simpletons" for wanting ownership that would want to win.

Rather it's you simpletons who think that just because a guy is rich, the team will be successful.

Tell that to Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones.

You want an owner who cares about making a winning product. You don't want an owner who only cares about selling things.

Jeff bezos would capitalize entirely on the branding while gutting it from the inside. And when he got bored of his toy, he would throw it away.

That's what you losers don't get. You're blinded by a well-known name with lots of money and somehow think that equals success.

Which really shows just how brainless and simple-minded you guys are.

A few things. 1) We need ownership that doesn't need our franchise as a primary money stream.

2) Why would Bezos in your words "likely would end up hiring a bureaucracy that runs the Bears exactly like....
the Mccaskeys" ???
That's a proven losing formula. If it's Bezos, I'd be inclined to believe he'd put ppl in place to win.

Please read this post again>>>#88

3) You make all these assumptions about Bezos, but the fact is you don't know what he'd do. What we do know is he's been successful and our franchise wouldn't be run like his only source of income. ?

4) How many SB's has Jerry Jones won as an owner vs the Bears ownership? Read JoJoBoxer's point about branding and winning again. Dan Snyder is just a bad example. Period.

5) Who ever it is.......Winners make more money. End of story. Look at the winners and their formula.

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I'm just lining up the order of our discussion. Hal9000 thinks we're "simpletons" for wanting ownership that would want to win.

A few things. 1) We need ownership that doesn't need our franchise as a primary money stream.

2) Why would Bezos in your words "likely would end up hiring a bureaucracy that runs the Bears exactly like....
the Mccaskeys" ???
That's a proven losing formula. If it's Bezos, I'd be inclined to believe he'd put ppl in place to win.

Please read this post again>>>#88

3) You make all these assumptions about Bezos, but the fact is you don't know what he'd do. What we do know is he's been successful and our franchise wouldn't be run like his only source of income. ?

4) How many SB's has Jerry Jones won as an owner vs the Bears ownership? Read JoJoBoxer's point about branding and winning again. Dan Snyder is just a bad example. Period.

5) Who ever it is.......Winners make more money. End of story. Look at the winners and their formula.

I guess Hal9000 must run with all these billionaires to know what they are thinking.

In that case, he got it wrong about calling us simpletons. We are just poor ol' country folk who cannot imagine what the ultra-rich like Hal9000 and his buddy Bezos are thinking.

Funny how New England Patriots are kind of a small market team, yet they are the 2nd richest team in the NFL.

It will be telling, if the Patriots happen to become a middle of the pack team in the next few years, if there will be several teams in the NFL who bypass them in wealth.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I guess Hal9000 must run with all these billionaires to know what they are thinking.

In that case, he got it wrong about calling us simpletons. We are just poor ol' country folk who cannot imagine what the ultra-rich like Hal9000 and his buddy Bezos are thinking.

Funny how New England Patriots are kind of a small market team, yet they are the 2nd richest team in the NFL.

It will be telling, if the Patriots happen to become a middle of the pack team in the next few years, if there will be several teams in the NFL who bypass them in wealth.

Robert Craft is NOT Jeff Bezos.

Frankly, it doesn't take running in billionaire circles to figure this out either. There is PLENTY out there on what a shit head Jeff Bezos is, if you morons cared to research.

But you don't. He's just a familiar name to you that you want to project all your hopes and dreams onto, even if what's already out there shows he'll never live up to it.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Robert Craft is NOT Jeff Bezos.

Frankly, it doesn't take running in billionaire circles to figure this out either. There is PLENTY out there on what a shit head Jeff Bezos is, if you morons cared to research.

But you don't. He's just a familiar name to you that you want to project all your hopes and dreams onto, even if what's already out there shows he'll never live up to it.
Yes, Kraft is NOT Bezos.

Kraft uses his buddies like Trump to cover up his crimes. Or have you forgotten Kraft visiting massage parlors?

What is the difference between him and Watson from the Texans going to massage parlors?

At least Bezos looks like Lex Luthor.
R647c75eb9086f2155e32f25ad1bdf70e

I can already see you buying that very jacket he is wearing in navy blue and orange ... from Amazon.

You hypocrite moron.

Last edited:

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes, Kraft is NOT Bezos.

Kraft uses his buddies like Trump to cover up his crimes. Or have you forgotten Kraft visiting massage parlors?

What is the difference between him and Watson from the Texans going to massage parlors?

At least Bezos looks like Lex Luthor.
R647c75eb9086f2155e32f25ad1bdf70e

I can already see you buying that very jacket he is wearing in navy blue and orange ... from Amazon.

You hypocrite moron.

Well at least the truth comes out now. You want him because of political reasons which is a shitty reason to decide for an owner.

I don't care the owner's political affiliations as long as they are in it to build a winning football team.

Shitheads like you are the type who buy from Amazon by the way. I'd buy my stuff directly from the team shop jackhole. ?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Well at least the truth comes out now. You want him because of political reasons which is a shitty reason to decide for an owner.

I don't care the owner's political affiliations as long as they are in it to build a winning football team.

Shitheads like you are the type who buy from Amazon by the way. I'd buy my stuff directly from the team shop jackhole. ?
Oh MY GOD! You are an idiot.

You tried to say that Kraft was some great person. I showed how he was an asshole just like Bezos.

When Bezos owns the Bears, you will buy from him one way or another, asshole.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
This whole offseason feels like Christmas, first the Fields pick & now this. Wow a new era!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

For the record I've never bought anything from or through Amazon. Whether it's Bezos ( we get it, u don't like him.).....or whoever, the key is getting someone in here who's committed to winning and doesn't need the Bears as a main stream of income like the McCaskeys.

Side note: you joined here in Feb 8, 2021. I've noticed since u joined, u walked in making ugly, insulting remarks to ppl who disagree with you or have a different opinion. For example, JoJoBoxer never came at u with insults. Yet u quickly digressed to name-calling with him.

Typically when ppl digress to name-calling vs calm discussion, it's a sign of defeat and a overall bad look. There are some other things I can add. But I'll stop here. And just say, why not take a look at yourself prior to the name-calling.

Last edited: