McShay: Bears trade up to #12?

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
And take Mac Jones? Is anybody here sold on jones being more than a career back up or middle of the road starter? This is one guy i have absolutely no read on. I cant tell if hes Joe Burrow or Tim Couch. Thoughts?

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Jones is better what the Bears have on the roster. He is the most pro ready QB in draft. Problem is his ceiling is not high.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I suspect NE may have their eye on him so it's not an unreasonable idea. Problem is none of us know how good he'll be. I think his value is somewhere around or slightly below our original pick but he's a QB so likely doesn't get to us.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They should package ARob to move up if they can't resign him and hold him under the franchise tag

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
That would be vintage pace lol. That cock sucker is always playing 4d chess

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
The move from 20 to 12 isn't as expensive as I thought. 350 points. With our 2nd rounder valued at 380 points, that should get it done and maybe they kick back a 6th.

Probably looking in the 12-14 range to see who wants to trade back and find the best buyer before NE if they are sold on Jones as being starter material.

It would be tough to give up our first two picks for a QB and not be able to draft a tackle. But if Jones upgrades our QB position it could be worth it.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I do think there is a chance to take a swing on a guy like him since the trend in the NFL right now is mobile, outside the pocket guys at quarterback having the most success.

That's the biggest thing working against Mac Jones: is this just a trend of late because of the best prospects coming out the last few years in the draft fit that mold or is it the new reality of what you need to be to succeed in the NFL today as a QB.

If lots of NFL GM's are thinking its the first one but are wrong, this is a guy who scouts could be majorly undervaluing. Which would set the table perfectly for the Bears since they don't have a lot of draft picks.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Yes, let’s trade up for mac Jones. Brilliant.
The best part is when these jack offs get fired and they force the next gm/hc to keep jones as a condition for the job

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Imagine being the GM of an NFL franchise for 6 years and the only QB you have on the roster is a back up. I mean, wtf are the McCaskey's even thinking?
Save money? Bears fans are stupid anyways

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Imagine being the GM of an NFL franchise for 6 years and the only QB you have on the roster is a back up. I mean, wtf are the McCaskey's even thinking?

Begging to get Foles was a huge mistake and it should have cost Nagy his job. But that has been discussed ad nauseum.

I would feel much more comfortable with Trubisky on his 5th year option next season.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Begging to get Foles was a huge mistake and it should have cost Nagy his job. But that has been discussed ad nauseum.

I would feel much more comfortable with Trubisky on his 5th year option next season.
Nagy begged to get Foles? Article?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're just a little bit off and it's my #calledit. To repeat I mentioned in another thread, I had a dream the other night that the Bears traded up to 10 and selected Mac Jones.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

More ridiculous Mitch jock rider takes

Did Nagy beg for Foles before or after we went after Teddy ?

The fact that Foles last OC was now our qb coach and our new OC was his coach as a rookie but somehow NAGY was begging for Foles ?

Nevermind the pandemic hitting and shutting everything down

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I’d be utterly shocked if Mac Jones is gone before the 13th pick. This trade up seems aggressive

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Why don’t people like Mac Jones? I think after some coaching (3 head coaches and 5 offensive coordinators) he can be a pretty solid player.