Meanwhile, In 9ers Camp v, Week1

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Believe it or not there are many other players on the 49ers besides just trey lance.

I hope trey sucks, but it’s not a favorable match up even if he’s trash. That’s a very good team.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fields got intercepted a few times today to. I really wouldn't put much stock in any of that especially when he went 4/5 with a 76 yard TD in actual game action. The Niners have way too many weapons in the pass and run game.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I thought the 49ers had the best roster in football last season but were missing a competent QB. All they were missing was a competent QB that didn't forget how to pass in the 4th quarter of games. I hope Lance struggles against the Bears but I'm afraid his practice struggles have more to do with going up against a loaded defense than him not being good. We shall see.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I hope that this game has some extra meaning to Fields considering the comments that Shanahan made about selecting Lance over Mac Jones. It sounds as if Fields wasnt even a consideration...Hopefully he takes it personal and unleashes a performance against Lance and cause them a bit a turnoil.

greg23

Liked Posts:
2nd biggest dogs of week 1

Only advantages Bears have are

1) home field

2) Lance 1st start (if not awful and benched he should be much better in Nov than in Sept)

Need to stack the box and stop the run...force SF to pass

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Im old enough to remember when the Niners with Jimmy G beat the Packers with Aaron Rodgers. Something tells me Fields vs Lance wont be the determining factor in who wins this game.

napo55

Liked Posts:
2nd biggest dogs of week 1

Only advantages Bears have are

1) home field

2) Lance 1st start (if not awful and benched he should be much better in Nov than in Sept)

Need to stack the box and stop the run...force SF to pass
Lance started 2 games last year His totals were 5 TDs and 2 ints. (Justin had more ints than TDs. ) Lance has been inconsistent in training camp, but does show flashes of brilliance--- along with the bad plays. Don't forget he's got a good O line and outstanding receivers- not to mention one of the best defenses in the league.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't really care too much about camp reports, but it's more encouraging than hearing a bunch of positivity and 12 for 12 4TD, no INTs talk ?‍♂️

Lance will be good eventually I'm sure. He showed some good things in garbage time at the end of last year I hear.

There's no better time to face Lance & the 49ers than week 1 before they get things dialed in. Same could be said for Fields & Getsy's new O also however, but I'm mainly referring to the D's ability to meet Lance early on vs. later. Def. advantage vs. later on. I suppose same could be said for facing GB early before their new WRs get dialed in; hopefully with a still frustrated AR12 ?.

I threw a few bucks on Bears upset. Not much though.

Bearey Palpatine

Liked Posts:
I thought the 49ers had the best roster in football last season but were missing a competent QB. All they were missing was a competent QB that didn't forget how to pass in the 4th quarter of games. I hope Lance struggles against the Bears but I'm afraid his practice struggles have more to do with going up against a loaded defense than him not being good. We shall see.
Yep, even if Lance struggles SF is going to be tough.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Bears had a great shot at beating them last season. Unfortunately, Deebo absolutely destroyed Vildor at critical moments of the game.

Fields played well in that game too. Plus, you have a west coast team traveling east for what amounts to a 10:00 am kickoff for the Niners. That is a distinct advantage for the home team. The Bears need all the help they can get!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears had a great shot at beating them last season. Unfortunately, Deebo absolutely destroyed Vildor at critical moments of the game.

Fields played well in that game too. Plus, you have a west coast team traveling east for what amounts to a 10:00 am kickoff for the Niners. That is a distinct advantage for the home team. The Bears need all the help they can get!

When we played them last year they were decimated by injuries on D particularly in the secondary if I recall so wouldn't put much stock in that game at all.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
When we played them last year they were decimated by injuries on D particularly in the secondary if I recall so wouldn't put much stock in that game at all.
Armstead, Bosa and Warner all played and are their three best defensive players by far. Jimmie Ward was in the defensive backfield.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Lance sucking helps…

But LOL at the idea the bears OL can stop San Fran’s front 4 and Fred Warner. Are we going to see a lot of 2 TE sets to double Bosa and Armstead?

If not, great chance for a comically bad game for both tackles. Given the bears OL in preseason, I would consider not throwing more than 15 times in the game.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Armstead, Bosa and Warner all played and are their three best defensive players by far. Jimmie Ward was in the defensive backfield.

Tart, Kinlaw, Al-Shair were out. That secondary was terrible and was near the top of the NFL in the league in DPI. They got healthier and much better as the season went on. This Niners D will be fresh and largely healthy.