Mel Kiper’s NFL draft grades Anyone?

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you have access to ESPN+ please post. The Bears part of NFL draft grades.

NFL draft grades: Mel Kiper Jr. picks steals, sleepers and favorite 2022 classes from all 32 teams​

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If you have access to ESPN+ please post. The Bears part of NFL draft grades.

NFL draft grades: Mel Kiper Jr. picks steals, sleepers and favorite 2022 classes from all 32 teams​

B-

Top needs: OL, WR, CB

The Bears' first-round pick this year went to the Giants in the trade for Justin Fields, and the general manager who made the deal -- Ryan Pace -- was fired after the season. I wrote on Friday night about new GM Ryan Poles' Day 2 moves, and I just didn't love passing up all of the available wideouts and offensive tackles to take defensive backs in the second round.

Kyler Gordon (39) should be a rookie starter at corner, while Jaquan Brisker (48) could be the starting strong safety. But why not add some help for Fields? The second-year quarterback is your guy for the long term, right? He doesn't have enough weapons to be even above-average. He has Darnell Mooney and what at wide receiver? Maybe Poles & Co. are going to add a veteran in the street free-agent market, but I don't get it as of now. And the wideout they did add later on Day 2 -- Velus Jones Jr. (71) -- is fast but a little limited. He is one of the oldest prospects in this class; he will turn 25 early in his rookie season.

There's a hole at right tackle too, and Chicago took two fifth-round fliers on Braxton Jones (168) and Zachary Thomas (186). Is Poles counting on them to compete to start? That's a lot to ask. I do like lineman Ja'Tyre Carter (226) as a potential starter down the road after some development time.

Again, I just don't see this class helping Fields enough.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Kiper is an assclown. Any one of the picks someone could say should got Fields help here, no kidding. Ok draft guru, if not Brisker who is probably a 5 year plus stater for the Bears, then exactly who should they have drafted at WR for better value, put options, not just the easy should got Fields help.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because outside of the second round, which were great picks btw, the rest of this class are giants question marks.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Kiper is an assclown. Any one of the picks someone could say should got Fields help here, no kidding. Ok draft guru, if not Brisker who is probably a 5 year plus stater for the Bears, then exactly who should they have drafted at WR for better value, put options, not just the easy should got Fields help.
why are you so angry Butkus34?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
B-

The Bears' first-round pick this year went to the Giants in the trade for Justin Fields, and the general manager who made the deal -- Ryan Pace -- was fired after the season. I wrote on Friday night about new GM Ryan Poles' Day 2 moves, and I just didn't love passing up all of the available wideouts and offensive tackles to take defensive backs in the second round.

Kyler Gordon (39) should be a rookie starter at corner, while Jaquan Brisker (48) could be the starting strong safety. But why not add some help for Fields? The second-year quarterback is your guy for the long term, right? He doesn't have enough weapons to be even above-average. He has Darnell Mooney and what at wide receiver? Maybe Poles & Co. are going to add a veteran in the street free-agent market, but I don't get it as of now. And the wideout they did add later on Day 2 -- Velus Jones Jr. (71) -- is fast but a little limited. He is one of the oldest prospects in this class; he will turn 25 early in his rookie season.

There's a hole at right tackle too, and Chicago took two fifth-round fliers on Braxton Jones (168) and Zachary Thomas (186). Is Poles counting on them to compete to start? That's a lot to ask. I do like lineman Ja'Tyre Carter (226) as a potential starter down the road after some development time.

Does Kiper not know that it doesn’t matter who you surround a quarterback with if he’s really good?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Does Kiper not know that it doesn’t matter who you surround a quarterback with if he’s really good?

I'm actually excited over the Baylor RB. Speed demon out of the backfield in the passing game.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
For what it's worth PFF's big board had Brisker ranked at 40. Bears picked him at 48.

What's funny is Gordon was ranked 58 and Poles took him at 39.

Poles and company may have simply thought these guys were better value than the WRs.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Kiper also had Kevin Whyte as the 4th best player in the 2015 and said he was gonna have a GREAT CAREER, wherever he went.

So clearly his word on WRs means jack and shit.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
For what it's worth PFF's big board had Brisker ranked at 40. Bears picked him at 48.

What's funny is Gordon was ranked 58 and Poles took him at 39.

Poles and company may have simply thought these guys were better value than the WRs.

You saw allot of these wrs drafted earlier than normal cause of the new price tags. Teams might pay the top guys 25-30 mil and even some are passing on that. But these fringe guys like Kirk getting 18 mil is just not happening with normal run teams. Might as well just throw a 1 or 2 round pick at them it’s better for the cap.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Overall I'm okay with the draft. I said before I'd rip my dick off if they went WR. But I wanted OL early too. I don't care what ppl say about the quality of our WRs...we straight up were missing NFL starters at RCB and SS. We don't have the best receivers, but they ARE starter worthy as far a Mooney, Pringle, Kmet.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
How does this guy have a job? Seriously?

He says they picked up 2 starters in the 2nd but they aren't the right starters I guess? Doesn't say who they should've taken...

Lazy lazy lazy

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
B-

Thank you sir!