Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I'd like to support my digestive system with a little help from some over-the-counter supplements.

Can anyone help me out here?

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
I'd like to support my digestive system with a little help from some over-the-counter supplements.

Is not those sorts of supplementary fiber infusions essentially basically sand? Like more finely grinded up but basically essentially like glass that has been turned into almost dirt through lots of breaking down activity? I am just wondering if it would be cheaper to just put a tiny scoop of sand into your power-smoothie instead of purchasing really expensive branded sand tablets or chews?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Is not those sorts of supplementary fiber infusions essentially basically sand? Like more finely grinded up but basically essentially like glass that has been turned into almost dirt through lots of breaking down activity? I am just wondering if it would be cheaper to just put a tiny scoop of sand into your power-smoothie instead of purchasing really expensive branded sand tablets or chews?

So fiber is sand? That sounds completely unhealthy.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So- gotta bump this thread and say thanks.

Going out of town later this week, I have not eaten away from home since last June, and I figured it might be a shock to the system.
This thread caused me to say "why not?" And get some Metamucil to see what it was all about.

I come to discover the unintended consequence is gold.

No real change to speak of except for the fact that wiping has become a frigging breeze.

To borrow Chris Pratt's line in parks and rec, you know how sometimes you keep wiping and checking, and it is like you are wiping a sharpie? Just line after line?

The meta-muce changed that. One and done.
Grab the extra piece for verification, and snowy white every time.

If yall struggle with excessive bathroom tissue consumption in the name of complete cleanliness, grab a container of meta-muce and give it a shot.
It may just change your life.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jose can help with that if you drink enough.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
point of order, if you drink enough of it, it's constipation station, then on to dulcolax by mouth or suppository

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Edibles.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Constipated?...Go have a Wendy's Frosty.

Works on me in 15 minutes!

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I swear by this:

You can get it at any healthy food store. That can lasts about a month. I mix a heap (6-8 tablespoons) with about 14 ounces of oat milk (choose your own beverage.) I take it right after dinner. Note: due to its cleansing nature, do NOT take it around the time you take any meds or vitamins....it will flush them through you without your body absorbing them, hence why I take it after dinner. Also drink plenty of water through the day (we should all be doing that anyway.)

You'll be pooping velvet and on a regimen as regular as a German train schedule.

Other benefits include:
Weight loss
Regulation of blood sugar
Lowering "bad" cholesterol
Reduce chances of colon cancer and diverticulitis

I have mild IBS, and found significant reduction in bloating and gas.

Another note, if you go the full dose that I mentioned above right out of the gate, prepare for a few days of more frequent and voluminous output. I'm not saying emergency runs with diarrhea, but you absolutely will poop more often and more volume. Don't be alarmed because that's what the fiber is supposed to do; a clean colon is a happy colon.

Some more info on fiber:

Happy deucing!