Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

"This is the best news we've had in a while... and that's kinda sad."
"It's a good day. Finally that bum is off this roster."
"Anyone other than Grant would be an improvement.(as a PR)"
"Great news. He had to go. Amazing they got anything for him."
"FINALLY. It’s so frustrating that it takes catastrophe for our front office to do things that 90% of casual fans knew it needed to do months ago. Biggest head scratcher is why in the world the Bears would give up any draft pick for him."
"Should have never been on this roster in the first place. Good Luck Jakeem. Now you can fumble punts and drop passes for someone else."
"Pleasantly surprised they got a 6th"
"Won’t miss cringing every time the ball is punted to him"

"Long overdue. Hard worker, seems like a good guy, but hands of stone and absolutely zero football iq."
"I’m a big Grant supporter. He’s scored more TDs on returns than any player in our clubs history. That said, he’s laid a complete egg this year so far so I’m not going to puke on the move - though I do wish him well. As an aside, it feels a bit like Grier and Flores starting to throw players under the bus out of self-preservation interests. As in this move doesn’t help us this year. Find a T to trade for, a RB - something to help us w salvaging this season. Good for one big return a year but it's not worth the headaches"
"Grant may have fizzled out here but he was a great guy, dedicated to his craft and had some amazing moments returning kicks. I wish him nothing but the best. I've been to a handful of games the past few years and Grant was always enthusiastic, hyped up and leader on the sidelines. Good luck Jakeem!"
"It's addition by subtraction."
"Who can return punts? Hopefully someone that can at least catch the ball when it’s punted."
"Adios, go drop passes and fumble elsewhere!"

"I wish him the best in Chicago and thank him for the highlight kick returns he made while in Miami. I just wish he had been able to consistently catch the ball as a WR. With his speed and ability to make defenders miss, he could have been so much better."
"For every 1 good play he makes 3 bad plays. It simply isn't worth it."

So Pace gave up a 6th for a guy that was likely to be cut and his best days are behind him. He'll fit right in with this roster.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jimmy Johnson once said a future draft pick(with it being a year later or more) is worth 1 round less than it is now.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

"FINALLY. It’s so frustrating that it takes catastrophe for our front office to do things that 90% of casual fans knew it needed to do months ago. Biggest head scratcher is why in the world the Bears would give up any draft pick for him."
"Should have never been on this roster in the first place. Good Luck Jakeem. Now you can fumble punts and drop passes for someone else."

"Long overdue. Hard worker, seems like a good guy, but hands of stone and absolutely zero football iq."
"I’m a big Grant supporter. He’s scored more TDs on returns than any player in our clubs history. That said, he’s laid a complete egg this year so far so I’m not going to puke on the move - though I do wish him well. As an aside, it feels a bit like Grier and Flores starting to throw players under the bus out of self-preservation interests. As in this move doesn’t help us this year. Find a T to trade for, a RB - something to help us w salvaging this season. Good for one big return a year but it's not worth the headaches"
"Grant may have fizzled out here but he was a great guy, dedicated to his craft and had some amazing moments returning kicks. I wish him nothing but the best. I've been to a handful of games the past few years and Grant was always enthusiastic, hyped up and leader on the sidelines. Good luck Jakeem!"
"Who can return punts? Hopefully someone that can at least catch the ball when it’s punted."

"I wish him the best in Chicago and thank him for the highlight kick returns he made while in Miami. I just wish he had been able to consistently catch the ball as a WR. With his speed and ability to make defenders miss, he could have been so much better."

So Pace gave up a 6th for a guy that was likely to be cut and his best days are behind him. He'll fit right in with this roster.
idk there are some people on this board who seem to think that Grant is some HOF special teamer

Bust

Liked Posts:
Jimmy Johnson once said a future draft pick(with it being a year later or more) is worth 1 round less than it is now.

Speaking of Miami. They had huge expectations this year. 10-6 finish, one of the top defenses in the league but everyone knew it was Fitzmagic's team . . .Tua was never the answer

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ohh no, a 6th round pick. Better keep those so pace can draft another tayo fabalubejob or Kylie Fitts

msadows

Liked Posts:
You’re the captain of cunting over posters cunting. Get the fuck over it already.

Just don't understand why people are dickripping over a net positive move.

We had no one to field punts. Now we have a solid punt returner. Anything that helps fields develop this season is cool with me. The guy we had out there was scared to return punts.

Like how many 6th round picks even end up on nfl rosters a few years later? Maybe 5%?

This isn't a 5th rounder bro!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just don't understand why people are dickripping over a net positive move.

We had no one to field punts. Now we have a solid punt returner. Anything that helps fields develop this season is cool with me. The guy we had out there was scared to return punts.

Like how many 6th round picks even end up on nfl rosters a few years later? Maybe 5%?

This isn't a 5th rounder bro!
Dick ripping has lost all meaning around here. Don’t like something= Dick ripping
Criticism= dick ripping

Doesn’t matter what round it is. It’s a wasted pick for a short sighted issue that does nothing for them ‘22 and beyond, the years you want to build around fields and get younger on D. This doesn’t increase their win probability with a brutal schedule. What’s worse is this is a pick two years from now. Ryan Pace shouldn’t be allowed to use any future resources for right now. It’s once again piling resources to win now, win now, win now. Never winning now.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Dick ripping has lost all meaning around here. Don’t like something= Dick ripping
Criticism= dick ripping

Doesn’t matter what round it is. It’s a wasted pick for a short sighted issue that does nothing for them ‘22 and beyond, the years you want to build around fields and get younger on D. This doesn’t increase their win probability with a brutal schedule. What’s worse is this is a pick two years from now. Ryan Pace shouldn’t be allowed to use any future resources for right now. It’s once again piling resources to win now, win now, win now. Never winning now.
6th round picks are primarily used for STers are they not? I just don’t see the fuss.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
6th round picks are primarily used for STers are they not? I just don’t see the fuss.
They’re primarily used on guys who end up contributing on STs, because you need to find some ways to use them while you’re developing them to hopefully contribute meaningful snaps on offense and defense.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Personally I've always liked the idea of looking at another teams message board post trade. Often you get the most raw, unfiltered opinions from people that care about the other side of the trade.

With respect to Grant we'll see how it plays out. I've seen some highlights and he looks like a speedy, solid returner. I'm not watching Dolphins games, so that's all I have to offer.

I'd add, a 6h isn't much. Pretty much a UFDA, but the Bears (specifically Pace) has had some success adding future starters there. They did have an extra 5th from the Miller trade, so there's that. Overall the 2022 draft class will be very light because you only have a 2nd, 3rd and two 5ths.

When looking at cap space and draft picks if Pace is gone he's really handing over some empty shelves to the next GM.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I didn't know the clown crew from CCS also posts on the Dolphins message board...LoL.

This is exactly how CCS sounded when they wanted C.Patterson gone and now.........................

msadows

Liked Posts:

I don't either but I guess you gotta find something to be critical about during lions week.

I'd rather spend a 6th rounder to get someone who knows how to return punts than keep marching random dudes out there to fuck field position up for fields only to use that 6th rounder on a practice squad guy who never makes the nfl roster like the huge majority of 6th rounders.

Then again, what if the dolphins take the next brady with a 6th rounder?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
They’re primarily used on guys who end up contributing on STs, because you need to find some ways to use them while you’re developing them to hopefully contribute meaningful snaps on offense and defense.
Now tell me how it’s different from trading for Grant? Nobody is preventing him from contributing on offense if Lazor wants to use him as a slot guy.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I don't either but I guess you gotta find something to be critical about during lions week.

I'd rather spend a 6th rounder to get someone who knows how to return punts than keep marching random dudes out there to fuck field position up for fields only to use that 6th rounder on a practice squad guy who never makes the nfl roster like the huge majority of 6th rounders.

Then again, what if the dolphins take the next brady with a 6th rounder?
Stop agreeing with me you don’t help my cause

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Look who the fuss is from and you'll have your answer. These are the same people that will whine like little girls no matter what the Bears do.

For some reason Pace and Nagy think they can win and make a playoff run (i'm not so sure they can especially with the tough schedule we have) so you can't shit on them for making a move with a 2023 6th round pick for someone they think can help them and getting a guy who can do KR/PR and play some slot can definitely help them. These clowns think that Pace and Nagy think we brought him over to take ARob's job or some shit. Lol