Michael Lombardi: Belief around the NFL is that Pace's job is safe.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

coolio

Liked Posts:
I’m starting to think only Nagy will get canned. Pace might become the new Ted

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
From what I remember there were many who thought Emery would be retained and only Trestman getting fired. Emery was seen in the press box with Ted Phillips etc weeks leading up to his firing..yet he was canned.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
From what I remember there were many who thought Emery would be retained and only Trestman getting fired. Emery was seen in the press box with Ted Phillips etc weeks leading up to his firing..yet he was canned.
So if there is no Ted in the pressbox we're good!

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Worst case scenario is Pace throws Nagy under the bus, drafts another bust QB, the Bears don't improve, he gets fired after 2021, then they can't attract a quality GM because no one wants to be saddled with a HC and QB they didn't select.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think the McCaskeys will want to fire anyone after this season. The only way the fanbase will get any change is if Ryan Pace has the stones to fire Nagy himself in January.

FTR, I don't think Pace has the stones.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pace has been the best GM this franchise has had in decades.

Like it or not.

Nagy 100% has to go.

I'm not going to throw a tantrum if pace stays, he's at least done some good. Nagy has been a complete mess tho.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't think the McCaskeys will want to fire anyone after this season. The only way the fanbase will get any change is if Ryan Pace has the stones to fire Nagy himself in January.

FTR, I don't think Pace has the stones.

He will if we lose out.

I think 7-9 or above keeps nagy. I never thought pace was going anywhere.

If you compare his draft resume to other GM's around the league its actually quite favorable. He's also hit in FA more often than not. Yes, he's failed on first rounders but he's hit on a ton of day 2/3 picks which is where most GM's fail, so it kind of evens out. Even first rounders, the hit rate is 50%. Just look at how the patriots have been doing with their 11ty draft picks every year(not good).

He also had mitch and picked Nagy as his HC. Those are two massive failures, but still, I don't think this management will be too keen to move on from him after the shit show emery provided them.

I remind myself that Pace inherited the worst bears team in franchise history. The worst defense AND offense. This offense is still a shit show, but he at least rebuilt the defense to a near elite level. I blame a lot of the offensive issues w/ nagy, but obviously he's the one who hired nagy so he gets the blame too.

This offense has some talent, it just needs someone who has a clue on how to use it. The oline/QB is the worst in the league, but our skill position players are solid, IMO.

Last edited:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Worst case scenario is Pace throws Nagy under the bus, drafts another bust QB, the Bears don't improve, he gets fired after 2021, then they can't attract a quality GM because no one wants to be saddled with a HC and QB they didn't select.
Best case scenario - they both get canned.

Middle of the road scenario - Nagy gets canned. Bears someone how luck into a good HC candidate who can develop a Qb and Pace pulls his head out of his ass and drafts some offensive talent

Worst case - Neither gets fired

msadows

Liked Posts:
Jerry Angelo: 95-81
Ryan Pace: 39-51

If you read my 2nd post, you'd notice that pace took on the worst bears team in franchise history.

Angelo took over a shit squad, but it was no where near the mess that pace took over. There was zero chance this franchise could be successful in the next few years after he took over after what emery gave him.

Judging paces record is fucking stupid, considering this team didn't have the talent required to play actual football until 2018. Newsflash, almost all that talent(outside of fuller and leno) are pace aquisitions.

Yes, thats how bad emery fucked this team.

He's 25-17 in the years that actually mattered to me. If you thought we'd do anything in 2015-2017 you are a fucking meatball. This team had zero talent, at least we have some now.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Nothing says mom and pop operation more than "endeared himself to the family."

I guess the family is easier to please than the fanbase. Nothing says 'endear yourself to the family' more than hiring a bust HC and trading up to draft a bust QB.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

Everything will depend on how lazor does calling plays...so far he hasnt done any better than nagy which goes to show that the problem is more about talent than playcalling which falls on pace...if the offense starts improving under lazor pace is likely safe and nagy is gone for not adapting to his players more.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
I've been saying all along Pace stays, Nagy goes. The family put big trust in Pace to spend their money revamping Halas Hall and the football operations. That's bigger picture stuff the McCaskey's value way more than the fans do.

Everyone gets to see publicly how in over his head Nagy is, so that one is an easy call and the fans get a head.

I'm still fearing Harbaugh gets paired with Pace - what a disaster that would be. Not sure there will be interest elsewhere for Harbaugh and he doesn't have the leverage anymore to ask for full control.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Nothing says mom and pop operation more than "endeared himself to the family."

I guess the family is easier to please than the fanbase. Nothing says 'endear yourself to the family' more than hiring a bust HC and trading up to draft a bust QB.
Kinda like how you "endeared" yourself to a bunch of racists in that other thread?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He will if we lose out.

It would be in his best intrests reguardless, but again...I think he chickens out and finally gives the OL some attention hoping it gets Nagy out of this funk.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Kinda like how you "endeared" yourself to a bunch of racists in that other thread?

I don't remember doing that, but sure. How about you leave that BS in the other thread and not bring it over to this completely unrelated thread