Michael Lombardi: Belief around the NFL is that Pace's job is safe.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
stop with the stupid ass argument. Pace inherited an awful team that had to be rebuilt. Fuckming football idiots that keep posting in here

You are right, he did. And guess what, he still can’t put a team together. Let’s give him 6 more years!!! I guess your one of the “fucking football idiots” who keep posting here's. Keep supporting a terrible GM!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
stop with the stupid ass argument. Pace inherited an awful team that had to be rebuilt. Fuckming football idiots that keep posting in here

what year should we expect the offense to be rebuilt? Just need a timeline cause thinking it shouldn’t take 6 years makes me an idiot. I want to be smart like you

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Actually his track record in the second and third rounds are both perfect. Everyone Pace has drafted in the second and third round his entire career is starting football games somewhere in the NFL. The guy is a draft god.

edit- Cole Kmet is not starting yet. Forgot about him.
Shaheen has six catches on the season, fewer than Durham Smythe and many fewer than Gesicki. He's not a starter.

Jonathan Bullard is not a starter. Grasu only via injury.

Goldman very good, Whitehair good, Daniels pretty good, Miller meh, Monty meh, Johnson looks great, Kmet question mark.

He is very good in the mid rounds but much closer to solid in the second and third than to a draft god.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Shaheen has six catches on the season, fewer than Durham Smythe and many fewer than Gesicki. He's not a starter.

Jonathan Bullard is not a starter. Grasu only via injury.

Goldman very good, Whitehair good, Daniels pretty good, Miller meh, Monty meh, Johnson looks great, Kmet question mark.

He is very good in the mid rounds but much closer to solid in the second and third than to a draft god.

To be fair, more often than not in the 2nd/3rd round you are looking for solid starters, not all pro's.

He's found what looks like 1 possible pro bowler(johnson), and 2 potential ones(Whitehair, Goldman). You could add daniels there too eventually depending on how he develops.

Miller, as much as I don't like him, I think both him and monty had their growth stunted terribly by our quarterbacks, offensive line, and nagy. That all goes on pace I guess.

His talent evaluation has been pretty solid however outside of a few bad first round picks. Shit, I'd say he's as good as any GM in the league evaluating talent from day 2 on...Issue is, you could have all the talent in the world if you hire the wrong coaches to develop it.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
His talent evaluation has been pretty solid however outside of a few bad first round picks. Shit, I'd say he's as good as any GM in the league evaluating talent from day 2 on...Issue is, you could have all the talent in the world if you hire the wrong coaches to develop it.

other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
To be fair, more often than not in the 2nd/3rd round you are looking for solid starters, not all pro's.

He's found what looks like 1 possible pro bowler(johnson), and 2 potential ones(Whitehair, Goldman). You could add daniels there too eventually depending on how he develops.

Miller, as much as I don't like him, I think both him and monty had their growth stunted terribly by our quarterbacks, offensive line, and nagy. That all goes on pace I guess.

You need to learn to read better.

I pretty much wrote everything you wrote, and you are disagreeing with me. Maybe you just like to argue?

The only part I don't agree above is Miller. I really liked the pick , but Miller hasn't been good, catching, route running, blocking. Those things likely aren't on Nagy.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He will if we lose out.

I think 7-9 or above keeps nagy. I never thought pace was going anywhere.

If you compare his draft resume to other GM's around the league its actually quite favorable. He's also hit in FA more often than not. Yes, he's failed on first rounders but he's hit on a ton of day 2/3 picks which is where most GM's fail, so it kind of evens out. Even first rounders, the hit rate is 50%. Just look at how the patriots have been doing with their 11ty draft picks every year(not good).

He also had mitch and picked Nagy as his HC. Those are two massive failures, but still, I don't think this management will be too keen to move on from him after the shit show emery provided them.

I remind myself that Pace inherited the worst bears team in franchise history. The worst defense AND offense. This offense is still a shit show, but he at least rebuilt the defense to a near elite level. I blame a lot of the offensive issues w/ nagy, but obviously he's the one who hired nagy so he gets the blame too.

This offense has some talent, it just needs someone who has a clue on how to use it. The oline/QB is the worst in the league, but our skill position players are solid, IMO.

Nice try.

But there are many who don't understand anything you just said (or care to try).
Rare to see mention of overall GM hit rates. Usually just cherry picking the bad ones (and YES, there sure are some shitty bad ones in FA & draft, + overspending in each). Your point on more good than bad & overall perspective is likely lost on this angry fanbase.

There's somehow still people who still think the earth is flat, & that 45 cares about them & tells the truth; and no amount of logic, stats, or obviousness will convince otherwise. We're quickly approaching the mob tar & feather "blow it all up" mentality.

I'd like to see Pace cut his losses & replace Nagy TODAY, as it's clear he's fools gold in too many areas. Accountability being the absolute worst. I wonder if Nagy didn't convince Pace "I got this" with the coach firings. ?‍♂️
If Pace won't commit to fixing the OL properly & draft a good QB prospect, he should be sent packing too.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s been 6 years since he took over a terrible roster. Things should be different. It’s that simple.
Half the team is vastly improved the defence went from shit too a top 10 unit no matter what
Unfortunately the other side of the balls been fail i think thats mostly due to his choice at HC so its still on him
Fact is its time to move on pace had six years too rebuild the bears and what we sees the result

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Pace had a chance to make the defense even better, but he failed. Sign Kwaitkowski and let a couple young, hungry players battle for the other OLB spot instead of paying Danny the same as Nick and Quinn a ton of money to play out of position.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m almost going to feel sorry for Nagy when he’s shit canned at the end of the year and Pace retains his job. At the end of the day, the offensive personnel is up to Pace so the QB and OL situation reflects very poorly on him and Nagy is falling on the sword

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lynch has built a team that barring injuries is better than the Bears and in a shorter period of time.

Grier looks to have built a good Dolphins team in less time than the Bears.

Both those teams are defense first but more importantly the GM got big decisions right as Shanny with Niners and Flores with Dolphins look to be much better coaching hires than Nagy.

Pace has currently fucked up 2 coaching hires and the QB pick. Franchise QBs are falling out of the sky the past few years with Mahomes, Watson, Allen, Jackson, Murray, Burrow, Tua, Herbert and Pace still managed to pick one of the duds it seems.

So year he has done some good things but if you aren't going to fire a GM for fucking up so royally at HC and QB then there really is no accountability within the organization.
Beautifully said.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
People keep shitting on Miller, and he has had his issues with drops, no doubting it as 'stats' but the injured shoulder on the return did a lot of damage to his growth as at that precise moments he had just started to find his feet in this O, he comes back, and plays hot and cold ... He has to be accountable (Miller) for some game breaking drops, but it's not all him - luck and coaching has played it's part in his demise.

On the blocking thing - Robinson is just as guilty as being as lazy, it's easy low hanging fruit because Miller is the best of a bad bunch behind Robinson to rag on. Bears fan bases do this all the time to players, they go else where and then everyone pines/craves for them to be back here. Not everyone of the players we draft will be all pro, we never seem to keep cogs on both sides of the ball for us to develop and bring in better cogs over the top of them.

Btw - are you the same Dennehy who got made to look like a highschool drop out on twitter yesterday by Kevin Fishbain by any chance?
I was very excited for Miller when he was drafted and he hasn't lived up to expectations. The shoulder is certainly an issue. But he runs bad routes, drops the ball a lot, and isn't a good blocker. I never said it was all on him, nor was I shitting on him.

I never mentioned anything about Robinson. He's also not a very good blocker but he's a much better receiver than Miller. Not sure what that has to do with Miller, not sure what point you are trying to make about me re: Bears fans.

I don't know who Kevin Fishbain is and I don't have a twitter account, so no.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
So the things Miller does badly are all on him - even though he hasn't been that bad all the time? He also runs good routes and has shown the ability to get open only to be ignored by not one but two poor QB's ... It's fine to criticise, he deserves his fair share, but you paint a bleak picture of a player that has shown he has all the abilities you knock him for in your first post ...

You brought up blocking on Miller - it's not like outside of Wims any of our wideouts do a good job blocking so it's low hanging fruit hence why I brought up Robinson - Arob is a fine receiver, he is also guilty of balking at putting the required effort in on the outside ...

Must be another Dennehy then ...

Bears fans a a whole - you no idea - you're in here ragging on Miller making points that don't totally add up, but that's the beauty of opinions, especially in a space like this. It's fine, I don't agree with you, and you may not agree with me, all good homefry.

Running the correct route and catching the ball when it hits his hands 97% are on him, yes. He should do those thing pretty much every time because that is what's expected from a professional receiver. Do you think that Nagy is teaching him the incorrect way to catch? He's got great separation ability and he has shown some great hands at times. But he isn't consistent there.

Maybe I should have been clearer: Miller is disappointing because he is very talented, but he doesn't seem to pay attention to details and doesn't demonstrate great concentration. Also seems like he gets frustrated easily.

Again, Robinson not being a good blocker doesn't absolve Miller. Robinson has his flaws too.

I think paying attention to what I actually write rather than strawmaning what Bears fans do makes for a better discussion.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
So he's not bad all the time? Not as bleak a picture is it really, unless you want to view it that way which of course you're entitled to.

Yes, strawman arguments are quite a thing on this message board I have noticed but again, it comes with the territory I suppose, I'd say it's only the beginnings of a strawman in my case - what would probably be cooler is if you took the rod out your back side and remember that it's okay to have differing view points, you seem intent on having arguments with others and winning. I can dig that, we all need our hobbies.

Good chat.
No, he's not bad all the time. Do I actually have to say he isn't bad all the time?

You started this conversation (in a kinda douchy way), and now you're wetting your pants because I'm conversing with you.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@dennehy your analysis of Miller is spot on imo. He has talent and has shown potential, but he doesn't do things right consistently enough. He has bad drops, mental mistakes, poor/wrong routes every single game that just make you shake your head.

Take Mooney, a 5th round rookie, and he appears to have been able to grasp the playbook quicker than Miller has in 3 years.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Miller is a bitch ass WR that pouts about his QB and stops running routes or caring on every play because he isn't getting the respect he deserves from coach...etc etc...

if that is who he is he can't help us, and it was the fear that made him drop in the draft. I'm sure if you put Miller on Kansas City for instance, he would be a good citizen, and happy and be about 5x better than their young guy "Robinson."

Like Miller would be incredible as the single covered last option in Tampa or K.C. and get fed enough to keep running his routes and pay attention in class.

We brought cancer into a Hospice to die basically. We can't cure that here.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Mooney hasn't been asked to do all the things Miller was in his first season ...

He does seem to work hard at his game though, that is undeniable.

I mean, miller and mooney play two different positions.

The slot is also much more difficult to learn in this scheme.

The issue with miller is all coaching, I'm 100% certain of that. Captain baldy stunted his development like he has with every offensive prospect he was given.