Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I'm not getting behind him until he proves himself. He was benched in Tampa Bay for a reason. I would love for him to prove us wrong, same situation with Jay Cutler but it never happened. Bear Fans have zero patience for QB for good reason.

Why do you wants the Bears to draft Patrick Mahomes II or DeShaun Watson in the second round if you believe in Mike Glennon?

We saw enough of Lovie Smith to legitimately question his viewpoints on quarterbacks.

I think the most logical thing to do this year is to draft a QB who we believe would be a good backup (with the chance to surprise and grow into a starter), as I have in my mock with us taking Kaaya in the 4th. This is mainly to bump Sanchez off the roster. Then we are free to draft the best QB if Glennon bottoms out without really risking anything.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I've looked at his stats.
I've looked at as much video on him as I could find.
I've read or heard what many scouts or other so called pros had to say about him.

Aside from the fact that Pace probably paid more for him than some would have.... although the salary would place him as one of the lowest paid starters... why does every one here assume he will be bad? Or at best mediocre?

I'm just looking for some solid answers beside... because I think so.

I'm probably on an island by myself in that I think he may be a very good QB for the team... potential franchise even... yeah I said it.

I sure do hope you're right and would hope every Bears fan hopes you're right. It's really too bad that Bears fans would give up on their starting QB before he even puts his uniform on. I get it that he hasn't done much since he's been in the league and the chances of him being a good QB don't look to be that great right now but why not get behind the guy that will be your starting QB until you actually see if he's gonna be bad, good or great for your team?? SMH

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
I've looked at his stats.
I've looked at as much video on him as I could find.
I've read or heard what many scouts or other so called pros had to say about him.

Aside from the fact that Pace probably paid more for him than some would have.... although the salary would place him as one of the lowest paid starters... why does every one here assume he will be bad? Or at best mediocre?

I'm just looking for some solid answers beside... because I think so.

I'm probably on an island by myself in that I think he may be a very good QB for the team... potential franchise even... yeah I said it.

i wanted us to trade for him 2 years ago, i think hes alot better than folks think.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I'm not claiming to have ever seen him play other than highlights. But I hope he can perform like Flacco did in the years leading up to his SB win.

It was not flashy, but he hit some deep passes and a very good running game and of course they had a Monster defense.

Pace I believe is trying to build a team in that very same model. That type of team does not require a superstar at QB, so YES Glennon can be a franchise QB.

meangreek

Liked Posts:
I'm not claiming to have ever seen him play other than highlights. But I hope he can perform like Flacco did in the years leading up to his SB win.

It was not flashy, but he hit some deep passes and a very good running game and of course they had a Monster defense.

Pace I believe is trying to build a team in that very same model. That type of team does not require a superstar at QB, so YES Glennon can be a franchise QB.

I've watched plenty of Glennon here in Tampa, He's slow, did I mention he was slow, oh yeah he has a slow release. Perfect for Fox, We should be fine, no more than 15 passes a game.
Who was that backup Qb, we got from Kansas City oh 15 years ago that was like 6' 7 he was horrible, this is his clone

Oh Jonathan Quinn
http://www.ranker.com/list/all-chicago-bears-starting-quarterbacks/phoenixd112

Last edited:

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he will be better than what people expect

Luke

Liked Posts:
I made the Flacco comparison earlier and said the board would be thrilled if we got him instead. I doubt their seasons will be much different.

If he has a typical or better Flacco season, MG will be here awhile.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
He is Kyle Orton.
I've compared the stats and.... are you serious...??? As far as checking down.. the biggest difference between the two... and this is what ultimately handicapped Orton as a QB... he checked down because he couldn't make the downfield throw vs. checking down because it was the safe completion. He threw and completed more passes past 30 yards in limited play his first two seasons... than Orton did with two full seasons as a Bear. His stats as a rookie dominate any season Orton had as a Bear... accuracy... YPP... TDs.

He has terrible pocket presence and the mobility of a slug. When he is forced off his spot, which will be often, his accuracy plummets.

He's slow, did I mention he was slow, oh yeah he has a slow release. this is his clone Oh Jonathan Quinn
http://www.ranker.com/list/all-chicago-bears-starting-quarterbacks/phoenixd112
Another comparison based on what..... height? Because thats where the comparison ends. Nothing else is similar about him and Quinn. Quinn was horrible... his stats prove he was horrible... he never showed anything to suggest he had a remote chance to be good.

Some of his play was consistent with him being a rookie when he got most of his play...... most rookies have issues handling pressure.... looking bad for complete halfs.... etc.... they all do. Citing bad habits which are typical of rookie players and can be coached out.... are not really fair criticism.

When i've looked at every video of his plays... I don't see the clumsy, slow release a few people have mentioned. He's not Wilson quick behind the line... though he may lack athleticism... he looks like a typical pocket passer.

I've watched whatever videos I could from his play with TB showing both the good and the bad.... but I just don't see much to support of these type of complaints.

[video=youtube;7hK8tCsYRq4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hK8tCsYRq4[/video]

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Why is Glennon the unquestionable starter? Because of money or cause Pace loves the guy?

I love how he talks about players earning their role but yet just hands Glennon the starting job without even having to fight for it

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Why is Glennon the unquestionable starter? Because of money or cause Pace loves the guy?

I love how he talks about players earning their role but yet just hands Glennon the starting job without even having to fight for it

It is too important to have the starting QB getting the vast majority of the reps to be having a competition, when they hired Glennon to be the starter.

The expression, if you have more than 1 QB, you have none is based on fact. If you go into OTAs and Training camp splitting the reps, then both guys are going into the season half prepared. This system is new for both Sanchez and Glennon, there is no sense in going into it half ass with Glennon.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope for the best for Glennon, but they need to draft a QB in the top 3 rounds this year as their fallback plan.

I am fine with him entering camp as the #1 QB as I am sure he will regardless of who we draft. From that point, may the best man win and will root for whoever is under center week 1 to succeed.

If its Glennon I will give him 8 weeks to show us something, we should know what we got in him by then. A lot will hinge on the weapons he has around him though too. Is White who we hope he is? Is Wheaton healthy? Kendall Wright contributing, O-Line maintaining and healthy? Howard still the same or sophomore slumping?

Despite what everyone thinks of Glennon lot of factors will play into his success so just have to see how it plays out.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I think he's been handed the role because even if Pace goes QB early, they likely won't be starting this year anyway. Everything about his contract screams bridge QB who will either play well and be trade bait (or remain the starter if the rookie isn't getting it), or suck and place hold for a season until the draft pick is ready.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Because he's the best of the two QB's currently on the roster. They have to do this for posturing, if Pace were to waffle about it would send a solid signal to other teams there is a high likelihood they will draft a QB early in the draft. No need to tip draft hand.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he's been handed the role because even if Pace goes QB early, they likely won't be starting this year anyway. Everything about his contract screams bridge QB who will either play well and be trade bait (or remain the starter if the rookie isn't getting it), or suck and place hold for a season until the draft pick is ready.

Worse thing is he will just be ok.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:

Unless there is some magical QB who comes available... he starts in part because Pace has indeed always liked the guy and we've seen enough of what you're going to get out of Sanchez; Glennon has shown more in much fewer opportunities. Sanchez is only around to be a back up in case we don't draft one... his roster spot is not a guarantee... he can be beat out.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because he's the best of the two QB's currently on the roster. They have to do this for posturing, if Pace were to waffle about it would send a solid signal to other teams there is a high likelihood they will draft a QB early in the draft. No need to tip draft hand.

19 million dollars says it's more than just posturing.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:

add.... or he sucks which would likely land us a high pick next year and a chance to land a QB in what is expected to be a stronger class at the top.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
add.... or he sucks which would likely land us a high pick next year and a chance to land a QB in what is expected to be a stronger class at the top.

I think you'll need a top 2 or 3 pick. To get that, Glennon has to stink up the place and the defense needs another year of horrendous injury luck. Not going to happen, imo.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
19 million dollars says it's more than just posturing.

Well, I agree to some extent. I mean there is no doubt right now he's being paid for the 2017 season as the starter.....but my guess in Pace's world...best case scenario was you take a QB early in the draft, and based on what you see in him in camp, practice, and whatever game action he see's you are comfortable with your pick and turn the keys over to him in 2018...and can trade or cut Glennon and have your QB1 on a rookie contract.

Scenario #2, Glennon plays too good to sit or cut and you have keep your rookie shelved, and likely restructure Glennon's deal and you may end up having to pay him a good chunk of change with more guarantees, but if he is producing on the field then its worth it.

Worst case they both suck and you lose your job pretty quickly lol