Mike Glennon is a Franchise QB!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've looked at his stats.
I've looked at as much video on him as I could find.
I've read or heard what many scouts or other so called pros had to say about him.

Aside from the fact that Pace probably paid more for him than some would have.... although the salary would place him as one of the lowest paid starters... why does every one here assume he will be bad? Or at best mediocre?

I'm just looking for some solid answers beside... because I think so.

I'm probably on an island by myself in that I think he may be a very good QB for the team... potential franchise even... yeah I said it.

Listen to your elders. We know the sickness creeping in from afar called justification, and its contagion friend hope.

Glennon does not possess championship feet. He can win a few dog fights. On a typical Sunday when teams are scrabbling to put our 22 starters and showing up with what they got, give him a solid D and a running team, and he will keep you in it and win it if you let him.

But championship d-lines win in the playoffs, and when Glennon faces certain looks we will be at too big a disadvantage to overcome. He is an interesting hail mary, but one I sadly do not see working out. His feet are just too slow, he can be game planned for, he can be carrolled.

Hopefully the Bears give him a fair shake and he might be our best back=up for 3-5 years. He is a dysfunctional starter quality QB, like Cutler.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
The qbs that you want make the teams they are on play above their talent level. Glennon took a bad team, and they stayed bad.

He might not be awful, but I don't see a high ceiling with him, and he most likely is bottom third of the league. I certainly haven't seen enough to say that I'm comfortable that him and some late round developmental long shot will give us a reasonable chance at long term qb success.