Mike Glennon is a Franchise QB!

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
I've looked at his stats.
I've looked at as much video on him as I could find.
I've read or heard what many scouts or other so called pros had to say about him.

Aside from the fact that Pace probably paid more for him than some would have.... although the salary would place him as one of the lowest paid starters... why does every one here assume he will be bad? Or at best mediocre?

I'm just looking for some solid answers beside... because I think so.

I'm probably on an island by myself in that I think he may be a very good QB for the team... potential franchise even... yeah I said it.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I've read or heard what many scouts or other so called pros had to say about him.

Aside from the fact that Pace probably paid more for him than some would have.... although the salary would place him as one of the lowest paid starters... why does every one here assume he will be bad? Or at best mediocre?

I'm probably on an island by myself in that I think he may be a very good QB for the team... potential franchise even... yeah I said it.

I'm not getting behind him until he proves himself. He was benched in Tampa Bay for a reason. I would love for him to prove us wrong, same situation with Jay Cutler but it never happened. Bear Fans have zero patience for QB for good reason.

Why do you wants the Bears to draft Patrick Mahomes II or DeShaun Watson in the second round if you believe in Mike Glennon?

Washington

Liked Posts:
The law of averages says we're overdue for some luck in finding a franchise QB since its been 70 years since our last one. I'm hoping it is Glennon but I would not bet my house on it. I will be cautiously optimistic, while hoping Pace swings for the fences at QB early in this draft and drafts a QB every year going forward.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
He was benched in Tampa Bay for a reason.
Short answer..... Lovie the guru of knowing what to do with QBs became head coach and decided to sign and play McCown while Glennon polished his game. All that got the team was the worst record in the league that year. And with the following #1 pick... they all but had no choice but to draft the consensus #1 player, Winston, and play him, being that he was the local hero and all.

Why do you wants the Bears to draft Patrick Mahomes II or DeShaun Watson in the second round if you believe in Mike Glennon?
Thinking Glennon will be a lot better than most believe.. doesn't mean I don't want to take a QB prospect to build up... both this and year and next..... just in case.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I'm with you. Reminds me of my favorite place.
soggy-dollar-bar.jpg

napo55

Liked Posts:
His college record: 63 TDs and 31 Ints. Not very good to say the least. More like Jay Cutler stats.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not getting behind him until he proves himself. He was benched in Tampa Bay for a reason. I would love for him to prove us wrong, same situation with Jay Cutler but it never happened. Bear Fans have zero patience for QB for good reason.

I want to draft someone as well but the reason he was benched is because Lovie was QB illiterate.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't have high hopes....however, if the Bears can keep a clean pocket he could find some success.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
His college record: 63 TDs and 31 Ints. Not very good to say the least. More like Jay Cutler stats.

The year before he left NC state because Glennon got his job, Russell Wilson had 28 TDs and 14 INTs in the same O.

Here's Wilson on Glennon:
“We were roommates, both doing our best to learn all we could,” Wilson said. “I have so much respect for Mike. He is very consistent in his approach. He knows how to study and how to learn. He has a great arm and doesn't make many mistakes. He's very poised... And he's a lot taller than me [6-6 to 5-11]. He's like a giraffe (LOL) compared to me. But Mike has worked extremely hard to get where he is now. It'll be fun to play against him.”
and Glennon also respects Wilson:

"I just wanted to pick (Wilson's) mind before I got (to Tampa) and hear how he handled things," Glennon said of a recent conversation with the Seattle Seahawks starter. "He's a man on a mission, and you can hear it in the way he talks. He just kind of told me to take it one day at a time and try to get better each and every day. Don't worry about the long run. If you just get better each and every day, eventually good things will happen. I think that was great advice."

I think that good thing may have just happened.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:

While a good measure... but not always a good measure of pro ability.
Tom Brady TD:30 INT:17
Dirk Cousins TD: 66 INT:30

I only used them as examples because they weren't high round draft picks yet has done pretty well in the pros. Not suggesting that he will be the next Tom Brady...also most teams are currently slotted with a high draft pick starting at QB and the ones who don't... are in the conversation of looking for a QB this year.... exception being Russul Wilson.. who would have went higher had he been two inches taller.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Mark Dominik: Mike Glennon has chance to be like Joe Flacco

One former NFL general manager thinks Chicago Bears quarterback Mike Glennon can be better than Super Bowl XLVII MVP Joe Flacco.

Appearing on ESPN 1000’s “Waddle and Silvy Show” on Monday, ESPN NFL Front Office Insider Mark Dominik said that as long as Chicago surrounds Glennon with enough talent, the 6-foot-6 quarterback has a chance to outperform Flacco, who’s led Baltimore to six postseason berths and one Super Bowl championship.

“I believe Glennon is one of those quarterbacks like a Joe Flacco,” Dominik said. “There will be moments when he can play really well, and sometimes maybe it’s an 8-8 season. I mean, until you can watch Mike play in this new system for a year or two, it’s hard to say, but I look at his talent and his skill set, and I think he can be Joe Flacco-esque or better.”

As Tampa Bay's general manager in 2013, Mark Dominik drafted Mike Glennon in the third round. Paul Spinelli/AP Images

As Tampa Bay’s general manager in 2013, Dominik drafted Glennon in the third round (73rd overall) out of NC State. Glennon started 13 games that year as a rookie, passing for 2,608 yards, 19 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Glennon started five games the following season before the Bucs installed former No. 1 pick Jameis Winston as their permanent starter beginning in 2015.

“A couple things I would tell Bears fans about Mike Glennon; No. 1: You will not outwork him,” Dominik said. “I know that’s a cliché but he’ll be in there early and stay late. It’s real with Mike. He’s a real hard, hard worker. He has more athleticism than people realize. He’s a taller, lankier guy, but he has enough poise and enough athleticism to be able to be mobile enough in the pocket. And he has really good arm strength in terms of being able to spin the football. I think there’s a lot of potential in front of Mike Glennon. I think Mike has the potential to surprise a lot of people in the NFL in terms of how effective he can be as a starter.”

Dominik was also drawn to Glennon’s leadership skills. Chicago clearly feels the same way. Bears general manager Ryan Pace raved about Glennon’s eagerness to connect with teammates and people inside the building immediately after signing a three-year deal that guarantees him $16 million in 2017.

“What I liked about him coming out of NC State is that I thought he was smart and incredibly poised for a college football player,” Dominik said. “A lot of people looked at his completion percentage and said, ‘eh, I’m not so sure about it.’ But when you actually did the research, he had a tremendous amount of dropped passes for a quarterback. When you added in all the drops he had, I think he was a much more accurate passer than people realized.

When you sat down and talked to him for a long time, you realized how important the game was to him. I also liked talking to him. You enjoyed being around him. I could talk to this guy all day about football because he’s a good guy to be around. That’s what prompted me to say, ‘you know what, in the third round, we’re going to take this guy.’”

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mark Dominik: Mike Glennon has chance to be like Joe Flacco

One former NFL general manager thinks Chicago Bears quarterback Mike Glennon can be better than Super Bowl XLVII MVP Joe Flacco.

Appearing on ESPN 1000’s “Waddle and Silvy Show” on Monday, ESPN NFL Front Office Insider Mark Dominik said that as long as Chicago surrounds Glennon with enough talent, the 6-foot-6 quarterback has a chance to outperform Flacco, who’s led Baltimore to six postseason berths and one Super Bowl championship.

“I believe Glennon is one of those quarterbacks like a Joe Flacco,” Dominik said. “There will be moments when he can play really well, and sometimes maybe it’s an 8-8 season. I mean, until you can watch Mike play in this new system for a year or two, it’s hard to say, but I look at his talent and his skill set, and I think he can be Joe Flacco-esque or better.”

As Tampa Bay's general manager in 2013, Mark Dominik drafted Mike Glennon in the third round. Paul Spinelli/AP Images

As Tampa Bay’s general manager in 2013, Dominik drafted Glennon in the third round (73rd overall) out of NC State. Glennon started 13 games that year as a rookie, passing for 2,608 yards, 19 touchdowns and nine interceptions. Glennon started five games the following season before the Bucs installed former No. 1 pick Jameis Winston as their permanent starter beginning in 2015.

“A couple things I would tell Bears fans about Mike Glennon; No. 1: You will not outwork him,” Dominik said. “I know that’s a cliché but he’ll be in there early and stay late. It’s real with Mike. He’s a real hard, hard worker. He has more athleticism than people realize. He’s a taller, lankier guy, but he has enough poise and enough athleticism to be able to be mobile enough in the pocket. And he has really good arm strength in terms of being able to spin the football. I think there’s a lot of potential in front of Mike Glennon. I think Mike has the potential to surprise a lot of people in the NFL in terms of how effective he can be as a starter.”

Dominik was also drawn to Glennon’s leadership skills. Chicago clearly feels the same way. Bears general manager Ryan Pace raved about Glennon’s eagerness to connect with teammates and people inside the building immediately after signing a three-year deal that guarantees him $16 million in 2017.

“What I liked about him coming out of NC State is that I thought he was smart and incredibly poised for a college football player,” Dominik said. “A lot of people looked at his completion percentage and said, ‘eh, I’m not so sure about it.’ But when you actually did the research, he had a tremendous amount of dropped passes for a quarterback. When you added in all the drops he had, I think he was a much more accurate passer than people realized.

When you sat down and talked to him for a long time, you realized how important the game was to him. I also liked talking to him. You enjoyed being around him. I could talk to this guy all day about football because he’s a good guy to be around. That’s what prompted me to say, ‘you know what, in the third round, we’re going to take this guy.’”

I made the Flacco comparison earlier and said the board would be thrilled if we got him instead. I doubt their seasons will be much different.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
But what do you think that.. based on what grounds?

Lead feet, spotty accuracy, in love with the checkdown, completely horrible for whole halves(check his splits). He is Kyle Orton.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Glennon had a pretty good, but not statistically dominant, college career. His pro resume is, pedestrian, at best. It's conceivable he could become a really good NFL starter. However, there is nothing that screams "This guy is definitely a franchise QB." I certainly hope he pans out- but I'm content to see him play a few games before crucifying/deifying him.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Glennon is going to make this O-Line look terrible. He has terrible pocket presence and the mobility of a slug. When he is forced off his spot, which will be often, his accuracy plummets. I'm just hoping Pace grabs a potential franchise guy in the draft because Glennon is anything but.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Glennon is going to make this O-Line look terrible. He has terrible pocket presence and the mobility of a slug. When he is forced off his spot, which will be often, his accuracy plummets. I'm just hoping Pace grabs a potential franchise guy in the draft because Glennon is anything but.

^^^^this