Mike Glennon is pretty good?

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
With Glennon....I'm seein' a Joe Flacco......with an upside....

Foxy found a way to win with Jake Delholmme and Tim"friggin" Tebow.....that might be good enough to build on.

Draft a developmental QB in rounds 2 => 4....(still have wood for Mahomes maybe a move up or a slide at #36?!)

Seal the deal on our "D".....and win.....or at least keep it close through our "D."

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah, I agree with the second paragraph. If he sucks badly, I'd hope we took a developmental QB that can start the last five or six games. Worse case scenario for me is that Glennon is good enough for 7-9 but not good enough to do much better.

The good thing is Glennon's contract which is set up for us to keep him after one year or let him go without that big of a salary hit to us. If he does suck it sure would be nice to already have our QB on the roster to finish out the season if need be to get some games under his belt but if not at least we'll be more sure that he will go harder after a QB in the 2018 draft. I understand and have said many times that waiting until next years draft to get our QB puts us behind another year but the rebuild is gonna take another 2 maybe 3 years anyway so it wouldn't hurt as bad as some are acting like it would. I'm still excited to see C.Shaw in some pre season games so maybe he'll show more of what he showed in his limited pre season games last year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Thing is, 7-9 with that shit roster would be a great year for this team.

Is the roster really that shitty though? I don't think it's as shitty as some of you are making it out to be. The defense played well last year and kept us in games and we've upgraded the secondary and will hopefully go into the season fully healthy after having a ton of injuries on defense last year which we still played well with all those guys injured. The defense will also most likely be upgraded even more in this draft so if the offense can not turn the ball over which is a plus for Glennon and we can run the ball like we did last year and maybe even better with Howard being in his 2nd year (hopefully no sophomore slump) and the addition of Benny i think we might be alright.

Luke

Liked Posts:
How many people on here are licking their chops for him to have a bad start to the season though? I think i can name about 7-10 and i already expect it but a slow start wouldn't shock me with how little he's played the last few years. I think he's gonna be a average to good QB and will win some games for us and might even shock a few people. We still need to see what Pace does in the draft and see if he adds a legit player on offense for him or not which i could see at WR or TE and might even shock everyone with a early pick at RB (C.McCaffrey please).

I think MG will minimally play to his TB stat line and could very likely exceed that within Loggins system. Look at how Hoyer and Barkley improved last year.

career rating prior to 2016 / 2016 Bears

Barkely 48 / 68
Hoyer 82 / 98
MG 85 / ?

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Is the roster really that shitty though? I don't think it's as shitty as some of you are making it out to be. The defense played well last year and kept us in games and we've upgraded the secondary and will hopefully go into the season fully healthy after having a ton of injuries on defense last year which we still played well with all those guys injured. The defense will also most likely be upgraded even more in this draft so if the offense can not turn the ball over which is a plus for Glennon and we can run the ball like we did last year and maybe even better with Howard being in his 2nd year (hopefully no sophomore slump) and the addition of Benny i think we might be alright.
I agree - I'm not a proponent of trading down in this draft. We have a number of decent players. What we are lacking are playmakers. Right now I cant really even think of one...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
Would the board implode if Pace doesn't draft a QB 1st or 2nd... or even not at all?

What if he feels that Mike Glennon can be 'the man'? The biggest what if....

What if Mike Glennon is actually good?

Is that a thought many would even like to consider? Are you in the draft a QB or else frame of mind?

what if my aunt had balls?

What if the sun refused to shine?

What if shitty posters didn't start shitty threads?

What if I didn't use different sized fonts?

​What if I decided not to poop today?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The defense played "well" last year? Really? Did you happen to see how many points they gave up last season? And yeah, the roster is really that shitty:(

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fox likes to build a defense and then grab an aging QB like Peyton Manning to take them to the promise land.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Here are my concerns about Glennon:

1) He sucks.
2) He's ugly.
3) He's a ginger.
4) He's 7'2" and 112 pounds.

Other than that, I'm totally pumped!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

napo55

Liked Posts:
Why would you expect the Bears to draft a top rated QB? They've undervalued the most important position for literally decades, and the fans appear to accept that. It's a junior varsity operation with junior varsity fans. Our motto: " With a little luck, we can reach mediocrity with a mediocre QB."

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Glennon is going to get another shot to start, when he started last as a rookie, he did fairly well.

Tampa thought he was worth an offer that would have been a high paid backup.

I hope he does well, but he could end up being a Brock O. Or Tom Bady, who the frick knows.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
I hope he does well, but he could end up being a Brock O. Or Tom Bady, who the frick knows.

Exactly.

I can't get on the he automatically sucks because I said so bandwagon others have. In his limited outings.. he looked pretty good and his stats support it. I don't think he'll be a Ryan or a Dak or a Rodgers... but I think he'll come out and be a decent to better than average QB who gives this team a chance to win. If he can be a Dalton or an A. Smith or a Stafford... we can win. But.... we don't know...... and we would know even less about any QB who would be drafted.

The only thing I'm pretty sure of is that not one of the QBs this year are worth a #3 pick..... yeah I got my horse if we do go QB at #3.... but BPA will not be a QB........... 2nd pick.....yeah.... but not 1st at #3.

napo55

Liked Posts:
I have to feel sorry for the poor Bear fans. They have no choice but to hope that Mike Glennon will lead them to the promised land. Unfortunately, at best he will be an average QB, but apparently that is enough for a fandom starved for for 30 years for high quality play at the key position. Other franchises aim higher, but we strive for mediocrity.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Yes GB took Rogers..... but they took him at #24, NOT #3... they were at that point a great team. Two totally different situations you can't compare the two. They took a QB to develop who could also be a solid back up. He sat for a few seasons and wasn't the only QB they took during that time either... he just proved to be the best.

The only credit I give to GB is that they regularly take QBs... but they aren't taking them with top picks which wouldn't make or break them... and the vast majority of the QBs they take turn into garbage... but they pick enough solid prospects to get a few gems.
Glad to have you back, by the way, Big Tyme D!

"Two TOTALLY different situations you can't compare the two"? You can't be serious. I'm talking about taking FIRST ROUND QB's here. That's incomparable? Just how 'exactly the same' does it have to be for you consider the main point I'm making?

Did you just say the Packers took Aaron Rogers as their 1st Round Pick 'to develop into a solid backup'? So they're shopping the 1st Round aisle for a backup QBs? I know you can't think that.

Fine, you don't think any of these 2017 QBs are worth the #3 pick -- considering we're talking about the QB position, not only do some disagree -- that's not what I'm talking about. There's times to take a 1st rd QB, and other times to take a flyer on a lower rd QB. Bears are in the former.

The difference between Farve and Glennon bolsters my point. The Packers were doing well with Farve and still took a 1st round QB -- and they had their own specific reasons; those are different than the Bears:

Glennon isn't a rookie. He'll turn 28 by season's end. He was a 3rd round QB who hasn't become a franchise level QB. He'll get his shot in 2017. Meanwhile the Bears, who are desperately far from currently having a Franchise level QB, have an extremely rare chance -- #3 overall pick -- to take the best QB in the draft. This is exactly the time to take shot. He can slowly develop behind Glennon. Haven't we learned the hard way? Do it like the Packers do QBs, not like the Bears have been doing it.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Paying a chump 20 mil for one year oh well not my money I'm passed that

I will wait until after the draft to see what's up. But if we are rolling into this season with the $20 million backup and Sanchez I will be beyond disappointed

But if glennon works out I will be one happy mother fucker. I just don't see it. This is a total emery move and his crap didn't work so well

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
If there is a guy that Pace thinks is worth #3 Pace will absolutely take him. Thing is some don't even think there is a 1st round worthy QB. Do you think that if Mariota, Wentz or Winston were in this draft that Pace would pass on them?

The Bears being the Bears seem to have bottomed out in a QB poor draft year. It just seems they are destine to languish in QB purgatory

If the Bears bottoming out gets them the #3 pick then they wouldn't be able to draft Mariota, Wentz or Winston any way. All those players were drafted before pick #3. The Bears have a chance to possibly draft the best QB in this class which is better then most drafts. Where there may be 2 highly rated QBs which would go #1 & #2. But the rest of the class has avg to below avg QBs left. There is talent at the QB position in this class, they just need to be developed like most QBs. Draft the best one and use Glennon as a bullet proof vest to take the blows while developing a high pick QB & building the team up. Chances are the Bears never draft this high again. The Bears have never had a pick this high in history.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
Do it like the Packers do QBs, not like the Bears have been doing it.
and they don't over draft QBs... they take them were the value is to take them. Also there is a misguided mystique about GB drafting QBs. They got lucky when they drafted Rodgers in that 20+ other teams passed on him and he was there. Other than that.... the Packers don't invest high pics on QBs... the best QBs they have drafted who developed into starters for other teams... were typically selected late in the draft Brunell (5th in 93), Hasslebeck(6th in 98), A. Brooks(4th in 99)... other than these guys... a whole lot of nothing. The highest pick they spent on a QB other than Rodgers was Brohm in '08 when they had three 2nd rounders.

I just feel that in this draft taking a QB at #3 is over drafting one.... having Glennon on the team in my opinion decreases the urgent need to draft one. I would be cool with any other pick but the 1st.

teams who over draft for a QB out of desperation.. usually get burned. If you're going to get burned... at least don't over draft the guy... that makes his busting even worst.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
and they don't over draft QBs... they take them were the value is to take them. Also there is a misguided mystique about GB drafting QBs. They got lucky when they drafted Rodgers in that 20+ other teams passed on him and he was there. Other than that.... the Packers don't invest high pics on QBs... the best QBs they have drafted who developed into starters for other teams... were typically selected late in the draft Brunell (5th in 93), Hasslebeck(6th in 98), A. Brooks(4th in 99)... other than these guys... a whole lot of nothing. The highest pick they spent on a QB other than Rodgers was Brohm in '08 when they had three 2nd rounders.

I just feel that in this draft taking a QB at #3 is over drafting one.... having Glennon on the team in my opinion decreases the urgent need to draft one. I would be cool with any other pick but the 1st.

teams who over draft for a QB out of desperation.. usually get burned. If you're going to get burned... at least don't over draft the guy... that makes his busting even worst.
You know QBs shoot up on draft day, because QB is the paramount position. If it's QB time for your team, Why would not take the best QB in the draft? Why would you wait and take the forth best? Doesn't make good sense.

Every pick has it large measure of crapshoot... we're talking about Gabe Carimi, Shea McClellin, Kyle Fuller, Kevin White... these are the reasons you want to take the fourth or fifth best QB instead of the best?... Because of some half-a-round worth of draft value? I think that's nuts.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Here are my concerns about Glennon:

1) He sucks.
2) He's ugly.
3) He's a ginger.
4) He's 7'2" and 112 pounds.

Other than that, I'm totally pumped!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you looking for a quartertback, or a boyfriend?