Mike Glennon is pretty good?

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
Would the board implode if Pace doesn't draft a QB 1st or 2nd... or even not at all?

What if he feels that Mike Glennon can be 'the man'? The biggest what if....

What if Mike Glennon is actually good?

Is that a thought many would even like to consider? Are you in the draft a QB or else frame of mind?

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
I understand he gains inspiration from the 1980 US hockey team. Do you believe in miracles?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Would the board implode if Pace doesn't draft a QB 1st or 2nd... or even not at all?

Is that a thought many would even like to consider? Are you in the draft a QB or else frame of mind?

There's clearly people that would lose their mind if Pace didn't draft a QB in this draft at all and even i would like him to at least draft one somewhere in this draft and hope we hit the lotto with him, but i'd be alright if he didn't but would absolutely have to draft one in next years draft. Those same people that would lose their shit if he didn't draft a QB don't even wanna give the thought to Glennon actually being good cause they've already made their minds up that he sucks but i'm open to it for sure but not all that confident. I do think he can be better than most think he's gonna be and we can win some games with him at QB though.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Why implode? Already been expecting it

I don't put to much emotional shit into this team anymore. Nothing they do is in your control except allotting any of your hard earned money to them. You don't decide shit so just sit back and watch the likely shit show we are accustomed to

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
You KNOW people would implode if the guy's they've been crushing on for the last 8 months don't end up playing here.

As far as if he doesn't draft a QB at all? Well that would be stupid. Even if its Kaaya or Dobbs I'd rather have one of them and take a swing next year on one of the Allen's, Falk, etc... so we have something in the pipeline than whatever's on the roster if Glennon shits the bed.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

I'm in favor of giving Glennon his full chance to ascend in 2017. Obviously that means if he's doing well he remains the starter -- nobody takes out the hot hand.

However, that doesn't preclude taking a top QB when you're at #3 in the draft. Packers took Rogers when they had Farve. That's the right way to handle the paramount position in football.

Add to that you're a team picking at #3, and yOu don't have a good established starting QB. You'd be obtuse not to be eyeing the best QB in the draft.

You're right, Glennon allows the Bears not to overreach for a QB to start 2017, and go for best potential (as opposed to flashy college accomplishments) like a Kyle Long. The QB prospects should be considered for slow good old fashioned franchise QB development.

In your pointing to Kiser, I'm not sure if you're specifying physical talents? I think the mental processing is the most important, as long as the base physical abilities are also there. I think NFL history bears that out clearly. (I'm no expert here, but I lean Trubisky.)

If Pace thinks any QB has excellent franchise potential, he should take him at #3. If not, than the BPA for a relative position of need, such as Garrett or Adams.

Luke

Liked Posts:
There's clearly people that would lose their mind if Pace didn't draft a QB in this draft at all and even i would like him to at least draft one somewhere in this draft and hope we hit the lotto with him, but i'd be alright if he didn't but would absolutely have to draft one in next years draft. Those same people that would lose their shit if he didn't draft a QB don't even wanna give the thought to Glennon actually being good cause they've already made their minds up that he sucks but i'm open to it for sure but not all that confident. I do think he can be better than most think he's gonna be and we can win some games with him at QB though.

I would think that Pace feels the same way.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pace is either smokescreening and plans to draft a QB early, or he's being transparent and Glennon is actually his answer to fixing the most important position in the game. If it's the latter, Glennon better play like a 3rd overall pick or questions will be asked.

If Glennon does suck, I hope he sucks badly enough for Pace to have to take one of the top QBs next year, because if he's mediocre but just not terrible enough to be canned, I can't stomach another multi-year drag out of excuses not to draft a QB.

Last edited:
Liked Posts:

If the QB draft class isnt consider a good class, I definitely dont want the 4th or 5th best qb. I say Watson or Mahomes...or pass all together. Next year is the QB year.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Pace has shown a tendency to like QB's that are traditional QB's. Field aware, accurate, more pocket calm and ball secure. Brees, Mariota, Wentz, and Glennon. Mariota has more mobility and Glennon is on the lower accuracy end of things, but I think there is a visible pattern. I think he likes Trubisky, Kayaa and Peterman in that order.
I don't think he values Trubisky at #3 and that is why he went after Glennon. I think he sees Trubisky as a mid to late 1 that will be drafted too early. I think he is zeroing in on the other 2 in the 2nd to 4th round and figures they will need a year to adapt. At least that what my source tells me.
:troll:

Last edited:

Luke

Liked Posts:
sounds like a reliable source. I would be betting on the 4th round myself but who knows.

laputan

Liked Posts:
Jameis Winston is around the 15-20th best QB in the league. Glennon was his back up and Tampa let him go.

We need a top 10 QB, anything else is a tanked season or bridge QB or sell a few more seats.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:

If Pace felt that way then why not lock Glennon up with a team friendly 5 year deal. Pace gave Glennon a contract that they can get out of after a year. So even if Pace thinks Glennon may be pretty good he showed his uncertainty with that contract he gave him. So if you are uncertain then there needs to be a back up plan & that plan can't be Sanchez. If it is then the Bears have the wrong GM to build a SB team, hell even a playoff team.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
People don't like him because he's not pretty enough. This is Football, you maggots!

Also next years Draft is pretty packed so I'm not opposed to working on the Bears secondary this draft.

No one knows what next year's class will look like after a year to poke holes in them. No one knows where the Bears will be drafting next year. So a plan that aims at next year is a bad plan. Who are the top 3 QBs next year? Did any of them out perform the top 3 QBs in this draft? If so please tell me how?

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I find it hard to believe that Pace is going to put his career on the line for Mike Glennon. If Pace doesn't draft a QB and rolls with Glennon and it is a train wreck, then Pace is gone.

Not from what we've been hearing. I think he'll end up taking Peterman in the third or something similar to insulate himself from a Glennon either being terrible or getting injured but I think he's still here in 2018 regardless of what happens.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Pace is either smokescreening and plans to draft a QB early, or he's being transparent and Glennon is actually his answer to fixing the most important position in the game. If it's the latter, Glennon better play like a 3rd overall pick or questions will be asked.

If Glennon does suck, I hope he sucks badly enough for Pace to have to take one of the top QBs next year, because if he's mediocre but just not terrible enough to be canned, I can't stomach another multi-year drag out of excuses not to draft a QB.

Yeah, I agree with the second paragraph. If he sucks badly, I'd hope we took a developmental QB that can start the last five or six games. Worse case scenario for me is that Glennon is good enough for 7-9 but not good enough to do much better.