Mike Martz says mean things about the Bears and Justin Fields. (Non football talk OK. This may not be a safe thread)

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks man but seriously fuck Martz for trading Olsen

Mike Martz did not trade Greg Olsen, Jerry Angelo did.

Martz not traditionally using tight ends in the passing game seemed to be a convenient excuse for Angelo not to have to pay both Hester and Olsen big time receiver money.

He paid Hester and traded Olsen.

Hester wilted and Olsen bloomed.

So Jerry Angelo got fired.

Rise.

Repeat.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Aaron Rodgers, obviously, is No. 1, then Kirk Cousins. I’m a big Cousins fan. … He’s very consistent. He’s very coachable.

I watched him as a rookie. In fact, when I was working at Fox Sports, we did his first start against Cleveland. He was a really good player, and I like him. I think they can win a championship with him. Is he a great player? No, he’s a very good player.

Third would be Detroit’s Jared Goff, who is a subject to the talent around him. But he is a long-stroke guy. In other words, it takes a little bit longer for him than it does for other quarterbacks to get the ball up, but he’s won before and he’s proved he can win.

Then there’s Chicago’s Justin Fields. Fields is a guy that makes a lot of mistakes and is not particularly accurate at times. He’s not a quick read-and-react guy, and he’s on a horrendous team. But I don’t know if I’ve seen an offense that bad in talent since the 0-16 Detroit Lions (in 2008). They just don’t have anybody there. … It’s a bad football team right now.

So, it’s an easy stack for me: Rodgers, Cousins, Goff, Fields.

It’s going to be a rough career for (Fields) there. And I’ve seen a lot of really good players go to bad teams, and then their career just never takes off, and I think that’s what will happen with Fields.

It’s going to take a long time for them to get talent there. He needs to be on a good football team behind really good players for a couple of years to learn how to play the position.

And, when you put a guy behind a bad offensive line and you have no talent at wide receiver and you tell him to just go make big plays, he’s going to learn bad habits. You start doing stupid stuff just trying to survive.

When Steve Young got to Tampa, that happened to him. He goes to San Francisco, and he’s now in the Hall of Fame. I’m not comparing Fields to Steve, but that’s just the situation, the scenario that he’s in.

I also have questions about whether he can really react fast. I think he’s a talented guy as a passer, but you don’t know how to evaluate him because he just doesn’t have anything around him.

And they were so bad coaching-wise. The head coach there (Matt Nagy) didn’t know what he wanted to do with him. It’s a no-win situation, and I feel bad for the kid. He needs to be on a good team where he can back somebody up for a year or two.

If he got to someplace like San Francisco, maybe it would work out for him, but I don’t see it working out at all in Chicago.
He ain't wrong, unfortunately.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don’t listen to ex football coaches who can’t properly use Greg Olsen at TE.
He also got Cutler killed a few times. Actually him and Nagy have some stuff in common, didn't know how to use a great weapon they had and got their QB's killed

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Aaron Rodgers, obviously, is No. 1, then Kirk Cousins. I’m a big Cousins fan. … He’s very consistent. He’s very coachable.

I watched him as a rookie. In fact, when I was working at Fox Sports, we did his first start against Cleveland. He was a really good player, and I like him. I think they can win a championship with him. Is he a great player? No, he’s a very good player.

Third would be Detroit’s Jared Goff, who is a subject to the talent around him. But he is a long-stroke guy. In other words, it takes a little bit longer for him than it does for other quarterbacks to get the ball up, but he’s won before and he’s proved he can win.

Then there’s Chicago’s Justin Fields. Fields is a guy that makes a lot of mistakes and is not particularly accurate at times. He’s not a quick read-and-react guy, and he’s on a horrendous team. But I don’t know if I’ve seen an offense that bad in talent since the 0-16 Detroit Lions (in 2008). They just don’t have anybody there. … It’s a bad football team right now.

So, it’s an easy stack for me: Rodgers, Cousins, Goff, Fields.

It’s going to be a rough career for (Fields) there. And I’ve seen a lot of really good players go to bad teams, and then their career just never takes off, and I think that’s what will happen with Fields.

It’s going to take a long time for them to get talent there. He needs to be on a good football team behind really good players for a couple of years to learn how to play the position.

And, when you put a guy behind a bad offensive line and you have no talent at wide receiver and you tell him to just go make big plays, he’s going to learn bad habits. You start doing stupid stuff just trying to survive.

When Steve Young got to Tampa, that happened to him. He goes to San Francisco, and he’s now in the Hall of Fame. I’m not comparing Fields to Steve, but that’s just the situation, the scenario that he’s in.

I also have questions about whether he can really react fast. I think he’s a talented guy as a passer, but you don’t know how to evaluate him because he just doesn’t have anything around him.

And they were so bad coaching-wise. The head coach there (Matt Nagy) didn’t know what he wanted to do with him. It’s a no-win situation, and I feel bad for the kid. He needs to be on a good team where he can back somebody up for a year or two.

If he got to someplace like San Francisco, maybe it would work out for him, but I don’t see it working out at all in Chicago.
Hong Kong is not a city in China @greg23

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Actually this is not “the media” but a former Super Bowl winning coach. So I understand why people dont like him after his disaster in Chicago… but lets at least label him correctly. Thanks!

When he took over the drafting responsibilities from Charlie Armey(Rams GM), he produced some spectacularly awful drafts. Giving a shit about what Martz thinks of this roster is about as stupid as believing Davis Mills is a legitimate QB.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
When he took over the drafting responsibilities from Charlie Armey(Rams GM), he produced some spectacularly awful drafts. Giving a shit about what Martz thinks of this roster is about as stupid as believing Davis Mills is a legitimate QB.

?

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only thing he said I disagree with is "It’s going to take a long time for them to get talent there". The Bears will have the ammo to improve the offensive talent quite a bit by this time next year. Otherwise he's probably annoyingly right.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
he has better stats than alot of HOF TEs. Different eras but those are facts

He'll be on the ballot and will get a decent amount of votes but I don't think he'll get in. Hence "borderline"